Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ban report: Ipadhd/Lianeh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
As for my opinion on the whole "Ban reports/list" thing: we want to make sure that we (staff) don't tread the line into something vindictive or something that would make folks feel uncomfortable returning if they got banned for a brief dumb. Take a moment to realize that there are a lot of times that y'all have discussed past bans as if they were some sort of injustice, and we make absolutely no response- this is not because there is no defense, but because not responding is honestly the best way to let certain things die. However much it hurts to let you guys have less than complete impressions of events.

However, a list might have utility. There is already discussion on such~

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
There used to be a ban list ages ago that simply showed name, time of ban, reason for ban and date of unban.
That was ages ago though, and the website/plugin might not be around any more.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
That plugin was commandbook- we switched it out ages ago to go with essentials. Which is nice xD because commandbook only has 1 home per map and doesn't have /warp (that I know of)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Personally as the new guy I'd like to throw my backing into this idea of transparency on bans. Obviously done in a simple informative only way. I think it's better for staff and the community in general. It provides clarity and I have never been in a situation (whether it's good or bad) where I wished something was less clear.

Also Creeper was creepy.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Personally as the new guy I'd like to throw my backing into this idea of transparency on bans. Obviously done in a simple informative only way. I think it's better for staff and the community in general. It provides clarity and I have never been in a situation (whether it's good or bad) where I wished something was less clear.

Also Creeper was creepy.
Honestly, sometimes there are circumstances where information is sensitive. Note how Sally redacted the name. There are other instances I could cite, if not for the stated sensitivity of information.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Please do be careful with all of this. I completely get the need to warn the community about the possible dangers of going on strange servers or giving out personal information, but the first good handful of replies makes this thread look like a public crucifixion rather than a public service announcement. I agree totally with Som about taking care to avoid crossing the line into vindictive territory here.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Honestly, sometimes there are circumstances where information is sensitive. Note how Sally redacted the name. There are other instances I could cite, if not for the stated sensitivity of information.
Which makes sense for sure! But as I stated before, a simple informative post with no way for players to comment on it (yes, we can be a little overreactive sometimes for sure) would be a good thing I think. Especially for the severe ones, silly derps happen for sure and no one deserves to be crucified for that.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Re: quotes
They're not broken. One of mok's posts is missing a ] from a quote which means people have been trying to quote
. IE make sure to read your posts before you all post them :p[/quote]
I was on my mobile and fat-fingered it :(
Sorry for bringing this up again-
Just had to explain myself.
edit: not sure if it was me, but I /was/ on my mobile and tend to fat finger stuff.

Since this thread started the Ban Reports idea...is it plausible to include a date for the actual reports? Because its all being posted in one post and the date of the post doesn't reflect the date of the bans, it may future proof the thread a little bit to add dates. I dunno, just a thought.

@SallyPirate

Last edited by a moderator:

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
. IE make sure to read your posts before you all post them :p
I was on my mobile and fat-fingered it :(
Sorry for bringing this up again-
Just had to explain myself.
edit: not sure if it was me, but I /was/ on my mobile and tend to fat finger stuff.[/quote]
dont worry. it happens to all of us

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Since this thread started the Ban Reports idea...is it plausible to include a date for the actual reports? Because its all being posted in one post and the date of the post doesn't reflect the date of the bans, it may future proof the thread a little bit to add dates. I dunno, just a thought.

@SallyPirate
I'll consider it- It would make a good reference to staffles in the future if they can see how long someone's been banned for (I know the server can tell them that but it'd still be useful)

Status
Not open for further replies.