Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Bandits and Brigands

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
last minute bandit reporting! though that'll take one of Jaden's apprentices away, figure there needs to be more bandits with how many defenders there are
That's alright! The fairer the fight, the higher the stakes! :heart: :heart:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Last minute update:

Equipment Rules-

Defenders may bring and wear whatever they have and use. Light artillery (scorpions and ballistae) is available for use on the fort.

Bandits may not use plate, but they may use chain, scale, lamellar or a combination. It can be high quality if you are the bandit leader- decent quality if you are just a "footman". The bandits are most likely defected soldiers from various armies, barbarians, and religious madmen, all gathered under a single charismatic leader- so skins and armors will differ. For example, a defected soldier might use chain or have a helmet. A barbarian might have simple cloth or fur armor, or perhaps go with nothing on but a loincloth. He may use a large axe, a falx, or some sort of two-handed weapon. A religious madman might be muttering prayers to his choice of gods, and might simply use a club. Most likely, he'd be wearing a robe or gambeson, perhaps with a scythe or one-handed hammer of sorts.

Backstory- The bandit leader- Philippikos Tornikios- is an Asrakosian farmer who has gone traitor, and now is trying to build up his own warband made up of captured slaves and whatever madmen he can convince to follow him. He demands that Astrakhan give up all their valuables and first-born male children, so he may brainwash and train them into his own soldiers when they are older.

The people of Astrakhan- being of indignant and stubborn blood- have decided to fight back against such brutes. Together, soldiers, citizens and volunteers have banded together to face off against the bandits. Should they stave off this attack, they may attempt to gather a force to penetrate the black forests beyond the village to destroy the bandit camp.

Should they lose, then they may very well end up being cremated within their own homes- or even under the rule of Philippikos...

Someone can play as Philippikos in a later event as I actually want to tie this into the Scourge event if StarWillow2000 is OK with that.

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
Last minute update:

Equipment Rules-

Defenders may bring and wear whatever they have and use. Light artillery (scorpions and ballistae) is available for use on the fort.
This left me confused for a few minutes as I was trying to figure out how someone would bring a Kaiser scorpion to an event, I now refuse to erase the image of someone dragging a stubborn Kaiser on a chain to defend

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
This left me confused for a few minutes as I was trying to figure out how someone would bring a Kaiser scorpion to an event, I now refuse to erase the image of someone dragging a stubborn Kaiser on a chain to defend
Asero will ride one into battle!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Hmm, would anyone be willing to play as a bandit? Just to even things out a tad?

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend

Three crucifixes hang by the marketplace.
Astrakhan is safe again.

Residents, after returning from being evacuated, would notice some valuables gone and some houses rummaged through. A few sheep are dead, but every defender is accounted for. Some bandits have escaped, three were killed and crucified, and the others were simply cremated.

That was a fun, memey PVP event. First time there wasn't a major argument over who got who. Also, RIP Danny Devito.

Last edited:

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
0/10 event no where did I see Danny Devito riding on a Kaiser Scorpion named Trash, would not attend again :p

In all seriousness I had a blast at this event even though it was cut short for me as I had to leave, I look forward to seeing where this goes and would be more then happy to play as a temp bandit again, although nothing will ever match up to Cymic_ 's amazing Meme character

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
0/10 event no where did I see Danny Devito riding on a Kaiser Scorpion named Trash, would not attend again :p

In all seriousness I had a blast at this event even though it was cut short for me as I had to leave, I look forward to seeing where this goes and would be more then happy to play as a temp bandit again, although nothing will ever match up to Cymic_ 's amazing Meme character
Hoping for a Banny Bevito.