Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Baron2537's Application [Approved - Paint]

Baron2537

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Baron2537

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
U.S.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta, is the use of out of character knowledge. An example of such would be: Player A knows Player B is planning to assassinate a noble. The two players have never interacted with their respected characters. Player A's character would have no knowledge of such a thing. Yet Player A, in character, runs to the noble and alerts him of the said assassination attempt in character.

Powergaming..this is my least favorite. Powergaming is using any means to /be/ the most powerful, or always successful. This can range from simple to insane extremes. A narrative example of such is: Luke Lordan is 9'0, 520lbs of pure raw muscle. In his youth he wrestled a full grown grizzly bear mother and won walking away with only slight scratches on his back. He has never lost a fight, and will always block any attack or know any knowledge. He can lift 600lbs by himself with no need for assistance. One man army. For he is Luke Lordan, the supreme example of mortals epitome. A technical example would be during RP combat he always blocks an attack, and always lands his. "[Luke Lordan: Plunges his sword into John's heart.]" He already knows how to craft Masterwork gear without actually attaining such skill. Etc etc.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hmm, well. I'm an introvert writer, gamer, and all around majestic bearded man. I watch Anime, I play all sorts of various games and such, and when the bug hits me I write. Used to be very passionate about it, but over the years I've sort of lost it. The writing varies based on what mood I'm in. Be it character back stories, short stories, or even novel-esqe writing. At the end of the day though, I have no confidence in my writing skill at all. lol. If you wanna know anything else, by all means just ask.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not on this PC unfortunately. I'd prefer not to post a 50+ page character backstory I wrote up. lol

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Samiwashere, ages ago. Though I wouldn't admit that now beyond this posting. ;)

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Connor Blackwood

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Connor shares similar traits with the rest of the Blackwood men. Connor is a stout built Human. Roughly 6'0 tall and weighs in at about 275lbs, Emerald eyes and a dark brown mane. He has a very soft face generally appearing extremely melancholy. His clothing is a basic family attire given to him by his cousin Lochlann Blackwood.

Written Test!

Personality: Connor is a bit more friendly than most Blackwoods. When he does talk he's sarcastic and blunt. Generally mistaken for being mean or condescending. He doesn't give up easily, really only when he knows defeat is insured. Though not done easily, he can be hot tempered when triggered. In the past three years he's grown lonely, the life of a drifter is wearing him down.

Skills: Trained in combat and basic survival. He doesn't really have any other skill sets, or apply for any other sort of career.

Goals: His only real goal is accomplish enough deeds to be able to stand with his father and family as a true Blackwood. He does have an interest in trying to learn a craft. Contracts don't always pay very well.

Back Story: (Little choppy, not that good, a bit all over the place, but tends to happen when I actively try to avoid typing massive novels of a backstory. The character already has a fully written backstory as part of a novel I've been working on. So I tried to summarize and I hope what I've provided is still acceptable.)

The Blackwood family is a large, and renowned for their military prowess. Settled deep in northern parts of their continent. Choosing to serve rather than lead. Hired by townships, guard outlets, and noble houses to serve several purposes. From simple messengers, mercenaries, to personal guards. The family has a strong sense of pride, and honor. At an early age the children, boys and even the girls who wish to partake are subjected to academia along with the physical training. They are taught to read and write along with how to perform simple warfare strategies. To keep up their physical appearance and that their word is binding. With this in mind, Connor was more of a runt within the family. Everything that came natural to his cousins and siblings required five times the effort from him. Though he tried as hard as he could, he always fell behind. Eventually he found himself tasked with menial labors and more tedious chores. While the other children were out practicing with swords and spears he was inside sweeping the dining hall floors, or scrubbing the tables. This made Connor feel useless. One day, shortly after his tenth birthday he was sorting files for the advisor when his cousin Lilly pranced in. "Connor, you know you have to try harder. I'm sure you've noticed you are the only one tasked with these chores. They don't think you can handle proper training." she said with a stern tone. Connor gritted his teeth remained silent. This was out of character for Connor who was usually quick to quip back with something clever. A personality he'd developed from being mocked so often. "Fine, be that way, but keep in mind. Until you fully apply yourself you will never be like Loch." She snipped before swaggering out of the room. That last remark stung Connor the most. Loch was only a couple years older than Connor, but they were as close as they could be. The difference was Lochlann was the definition of what a Blackwood should be. He was broad, strong, smart, and well kept. He performed excellently in almost everything he did. Connor admired Lochlann and wanted to be just like him. Connor decided he was tired of being the chore boy. He wanted to prove to everyone he was just as good as Loch.

A few years later Connor had managed to work hard enough that he wasn't given menial chores anymore. He was learning and training with all the others. Still something that most pick up on the first try, may take Connor two or three tries, but he was determined to prove them all wrong. Connor was fifteen when some of the older children were of age to attend their first contract. Loch and several others geared up to tag along with their peers. Upon a Blackwood's eighteenth winter they are allowed to accompany someone tending a contract. This allows them some real world experience. Before setting out Loch stopped by to see Connor. "You've improved a lot over the past few years. I always knew you could do it. You don't give up, and I'll be honest with you. That's the type of qualities every true Blackwood should have. Persistence and dedication." Loch said with a smile before adding. "A lot take our training for granted when it comes easy. They don't understand that something is much more impacting, and rewarding when we have to work for it. Life won't always be easy, you've got a head start on that lesson little cousin. I'm proud of you." Connor sat wide eyed, and all he could do was nod. No one had ever spoken to him like that. Loch gently punched Connor's shoulder "I'll see you soon." he said lastly before heading out. Connor watched from upon the high wall as they all saddled up and set out. He would continue to give it his all and make everyone proud.

Two months passed before Loch and the others returned. They brought with them chests, and sacks of gold as sign proof of their successful contracts. Loch boasted a new black pelt cloak. With it he told a story of how he acquired it by delivering the killing blow to a large black bear. That night the dining hall was filled with tales of their travels. Connor listened to his father who bellowed about combat and how he struck down three men by himself before the others could even provide support. Sitting silently taking in all the stories and imagining he too would one day have tales of his own. Three years passed and much had changed. Many of the older kids where adults now. Connor was finally eighteen and could accompany a contract. He gathered his things in preparation. When the day came though, he was not selected to attend. Battered with excuses and reasons why he must stay behind all Connor heard was that all his hard work still wasn't enough. He would always be the runt unless he took matters into his own hands. Connor set off on his own to build his own reputation. He would gain his own fame or infamy and return home one day gaining the respect of his entire family. As he retrieved the things he'd already packed a voice caught his attention. "Going somewhere?" Loch's voice echoed into the room. Connor turned to stare at him. "I'm not going to stop you. I understand. None of them will respect you as you are. You want to prove yourself, and I think for you it's your only option. You will never be satisfied until you do it. Either you leave and build fame and honor for our family, or you don't." Loch's voice as serious and stern as always, leaning against the door frame. "You know me so well. You know you've changed right? You used to be so optimistic. Now you just take everything so serious." Connor spoke softly. "Look, the real world isn't sunshine and rainbows. You haven't been out there and done the things I have, seen what I have. Sure we drink and tell our stories, but they are exactly that. Stories. We leave out the darker parts." Standing straight and reaching down behind the other side of the door frame he lifted a netted sack, tossing it to Connor. "If you are going to go, you will need that. It isn't much, but it's yours now." it was the last thing he said before turning and walking away. Conner unwrapped the sack and found it stuffed with gear. He quickly put it on, and inspected it. It wasn't the best quality but it would do.

Connor has traveled much since he left his home. Now twenty six he's experienced what Loch spoke of. He grew up on the war stories and drunken tales of his family. Always leaving out the parts of loss and failure. They don't tell you about how cruel people can be or how honor isn't upheld by everyone as it is by the Blackwoods. Connor learned that trust is hard to gain, and a man is nothing if he can't keep his word. Unlike Loch though, Connor still sees the good in the world along with the bad. Connor continues to travel trying to find a way to become someone his family can be proud of. He utilizes what he knows best to make his means, serving as a hired blade until the day luck and fortune shine on him.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.