Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Battle/War 2 Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Battle 2 of the GoC Failed terribly, there was a miscommunication, and while I tried my best to reduce lag around Galo Gulch, the lag was too much to host the event properly. I am sorry for this and I'll try my best to fix up the event area to be able to handle it (because it'd be awesooome for RP) and if I can't, we'll host it in a proper CTF arena.

I'll keep the War 2 thread there, and I'll be making the following changes:
Easier classes sorting for House leaders
Gate locations and roads

Any suggestions, please tell me asap, I want to change everything possible to make this better. Should there be more RP, should we have less PVP[idea from kirby :D] (cept for the monsters), should there be random spawners/mobs, should the flags be more obvious or hidden more? Should there be MORE flags, less flags, any ideas on rewards?

Go nuts :p. I need critique to improve this game for the best.

Also, there's events being planned to re-unite Altera since this game is breaking it apart :( please help out by being nice to whoever you speak to.. even if they're your enemy.

Houses will be rewarded 1000 points each for being patient with me.

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
Also, there's events being planned to re-unite Altera since this game is breaking it apart :( please help out by being nice to whoever you speak to.. even if they're your enemy.
More information please!

Houses will be rewarded 1000 points each for being patient with me.
This is pointless... since allparticiapnts are getting them and the houses are grouped in 2 teams with two members per team, it does not change anything.

Suggestions: Host it in a place that is not a lag hell as Galo Gulch with all the buildings, restone etc. A random wither walking on the BF would add to the thrill as well. There should be several obvious flags, but most of them hidden. Add a list of allowed items instead of a list of forbidden items, which is more prone to creating loopholes or missing anything.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I remember the suggestion of only having the fighters in-game during the battle to reduce lag, but how that could be managed I do not know.

Kirbyyirby

Lord of Altera
What I meant was, focusing a little bit less on PvP in the GoC.
I do miss the times when we all worked together to fight Queen Grief and the corruption.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
i have events planned for that :p

Thats the intention though, this is supposed to be Altera being a petty idiot while Grief amasses armies and then BOOM cataclysm 2.0

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
I would love to have only RP fights, but imagine how bad it would be to have forty people at once having different RP fights.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I do miss the times when we all worked together to fight Queen Grief and the corruption.
I don't.

Anyway, I also realised that if they bases were further apart, and the flags less close to the middle, there would be less danger in people all being in the same location. In other words, less people fighting and less risk of those who are. More of a chance to RP, instead of someone simply killing you.

I'm sure I'd be scared and just kill if I saw a load of people.

That's why I think it would be better for RP to spread it out a bit.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I am going to try fixing up some of the roads and figuring out where to make the demons patrol so Galo Gulch can be further explored rather than stuck in the smallest portions of the city x_x cuz I'd prefer to have more exploring and better spots for the flags, not just sitting in the open and being up for grabs to the first one who gets there.

After some lag-removing today, I'll bug some players to go to GG to lag test the area :p. If it's still bad, I'll give up and organise an arena... but with the same basic idea because monsters are cool.

Edit: I'll get to replying to everyone after I have some rest x_x.. only had 5 hours sleep.. ahahaha *snooore*

snipero1

Lord of Altera
You should make it an actual three way cap the flag (trying to sneak in anothers base) with only two guards allowed per flag,

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I like the current idea of exploring a huge city to find hidden flags whilst all the while avoiding demons and the like; I especially like the RP aspect added into it!

Spreading out the flags and gates more would help, though, I have to agree.

Also, everyone should be required to have render distance on tiny, though I'm not sure how you'd check that. Not only does that help with lag, it adds to the effect of not knowing where you're going whilst roaming around the city.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Also, everyone should be required to have render distance on tiny, though I'm not sure how you'd check that. Not only does that help with lag, it adds to the effect of not knowing where you're going whilst roaming around the city.
Common misconception.
This would not actually help server lag at all, only helpful for client lag.

Spark

Broken
Legion9191 said:
Common misconception.
This would not actually help server lag at all, only helpful for client lag.
Yes, it would only work if the server render distance was changed in the config wouldn't it?

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
i have events planned for that :p

Thats the intention though, this is supposed to be Altera being a petty idiot while Grief amasses armies and then BOOM cataclysm 2.0
Why the nether did you even mention that? Now I can't sleep because of you! Such good ideas should not be revealed too early!

(Well I can't sleep anyway but hey, you get the point.)

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
More information please!

This is pointless... since allparticiapnts are getting them and the houses are grouped in 2 teams with two members per team, it does not change anything.

Suggestions: Host it in a place that is not a lag hell as Galo Gulch with all the buildings, restone etc. A random wither walking on the BF would add to the thrill as well. There should be several obvious flags, but most of them hidden. Add a list of allowed items instead of a list of forbidden items, which is more prone to creating loopholes or missing anything.
The GoC is creating a lot of drama, while I'm not running it to create drama, wars like this naturally do. The main problem is people are taking it too seriously and ragequitting/making enemies over it.. or maybe the problem is I'm just trying to have fun >_>..

I'm giving points to 'smooth things over' I feel bad for failing this event, the miscommunication was my fault for not confirming if the red helms had gotten their gear. And even if it was a last minute change.. having 1 team from each house go in one at a time was definitely a better idea than throwing everyone in at once when it came to lag issues..

I want to host it in Galo Gulch, and if I don't host it-....

HMMMM...

HM HMM HMMMM... Ideas..

I'll get back to this thread later..

Status
Not open for further replies.