Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Benijim's Application [ Approved - Bartooliinii]

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Benijim

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
England

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Indeed I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Using information gathered out of character to further the progression of your own character when your character has no means of gathering such information.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No you don't.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko is a cool name.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi! My name is Ben, I first joined this server in February 2012 and I played for 3 to 4 years before dropping off the face of the earth. Now I'm back with a passion for role-play. I'm currently at university in my final year and I enjoy Ice Hockey, climbing, hiking, wrestling and all the other risky endeavours. I enjoy a wide range of music but I have a fondness for Indie Folk at the moment. I'm eager to get back in to HollowWorlds as it holds a special place in my heart.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I had a few towns back in the day but I don't have any screenshots. I helped build Port Silver in 2014 if that's anything to go by ;). I've attached a few images of some experimental builds I did yesterday.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found the server after booting up Minecraft and looking at my server list.

About Your Character!

(Just a quick thought, I'd like to carry on my previous character but he was human and probably hasn't lived this long. I don't know if he would qualify as a Legacy Character but it's the only character I've used since I started)

Character Name:
Lief Arduin

Character Age:
(Again, bit of dispute here) 34

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Dirty blonde hair, fairly long and slightly unkempt. Two eyes. Pale blue, verging on green towards the pupil. Skin is slightly tan. He wears a red doublet accented with silver, grey trousers and knee-high leather boots. A tattered grey cape, spotted with hints of faded blue, is tied loosely around his neck. He wears no jewellery except for a faded silver ring on the middle finger of his left hand.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

The breeze was crisp across Lief's face and he took a long deep breath. Before opening his eyes he savoured the sweet sea air, the faint ring of a bell in the port, and the sound of the city below him. He opened his eyes to the sunlight threading it's way through the faint wisps of cloud, and then shifted his gaze to the city square below. The church spire on the far hill across the city began its usual mid-day melody,prompting the end of Lief's watch. He took his usual slow methodical decent from the watch-tower, occasionally peeping through the arrow-slits to watch a bird-of-prey circle before passing out of sight. At the bottom of the tower Lief's relief, Johan, snored loudly from a chair leaning against the wall. Lief swung a kick at one of the legs, jolting Johan forward and bringing him sharply into the real world.

"For God's sake man!" Johan spluttered in shock, "Is peace a crime where you're from?!"
"Where I come from, peace isn't something we find at work." Lief replies with a wink. "It's your shift now young Johan, it's past 12. I'm heading to the square for lunch."
"Bring me back something- but nothing with raisins!" The younger man shouted, but received nothing but a wave as his elder descended the worn stone path to the square.

The walk to the square from the watchtower was a slow quarter-mile, but presented several views of the districts as the path wound around the jagged rock thrust into the sky like the sword of a giant. Several smells mingled and fought for dominance as the path circled downwards. An acrid smoke drifted across the industrial district as the smith, mason and couturier crafted their wares. The sweet smell of thousands of flowers in bloom were blown in the breeze from the Royal district. Road dust and mud rounded the pallet with the scent of countryside spilling out of the market, and the sea air cut through it all like a sharp twist of lemon, filling Lief with a familiar comfort.

Lief was a regular of the Crossed Spoons bakery, and was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by a large grey wolfhound as he opened the bakery door. An elderly man tugged feebly at the chain around the dogs neck and croaked the dogs name a few times in an attempt to regain control over the beast. Lief dropped the dog's paws to the floor and accepted the mans apology as he approached the counter, wiping dried mud from his dark red gambeson.

"Ho there, Miriam? Hungry customers are waiting!" Lief called through the open door towards the ovens. A short stout woman with a face full of laughter soon came back through the door, bread stacked high in her flour dusted arms.
"I have a mind not to feed you Lief, and if you starved its not like the city would be missing any talent." The scowl on her face didn't quite fit, and soon slipped away to reveal the usual grin. "What can I get for you today?"
"Could I get two of the sprout pies? The ones with the sharp blue cheese in. And one of the sausages in pastry."
"Quite the feast you're having up at the tower. You'd think at the rate the crown is paying you they'd be able to supply you a lunch ration." Miriam said as she wrapped the goods in woven grass napkins.
"You'd think so, but I doubt it would be half as good as the stuff you make here Miriam." Lief gave a wide grin to the woman as she swatted at his compliment and returned to the ovens.

Lief gave a few pats to the hind legs of the wolfhound as he passed through the door and into the street. He stood outside, closed his eyes and stretched. The breeze was crisp across his face, and he took a long deep breath.

Edit: Just did some digging and found a screenshot of myself during an event in Port Silver in 2014:

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hey Buddy, hang in there a little longer. I've read your application, but I'm just waiting for a reply from higher-up about the character you played several years ago.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hey Ben! Since it has been three or more years ago that you last played your character, we feel that there's a large gap of knowledge and current lore in comparison to when you played your character. We'd like you to try a more current character for the new atmosphere of the server. Other than that... I'll hop on and white-list you now! :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
Thankyou so much!!

In regards to the character, would I be able to keep the name but start an entirely new character?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Thankyou so much!!

In regards to the character, would I be able to keep the name but start an entirely new character?
I reckon that is alright! I also believe they may even be related to one another, that's been done before. Just make a char profile and I'll look it over ;)