Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Black_Arrow_708 's White-List Application [Accepted - Jinny]

Hollow World White-list Application

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Black_Arrow_708 (For when talking to me I’ll also respond to Arrow).

2. How old are you?
Twenty-Three.

3. What country are you from?
Scotland!

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Indeed, very in depth, did struggle to find the Lore for the history of the realm in PC 2280 onwards besides the timeline however for my character’s Written Test.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and power gaming?
Power gaming- Providing your character with an advantage through ‘God like’ abilities that they wouldn’t normally be capable of learning or could know it through the time they have spent learning it or in any other way. In short is a form of gaming that will provide your character with the ability to overpower others with no energy needing wasted.

Meta Gaming- Being able to know information that your character couldn’t possibly know without some form of OOC help and using that information to give yourself an advantage.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, they are prohibited. If, however people are unsure of the mods they wish to use is allowed or not they are to check with a Staff member.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (aka SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hey everyone, you can call me Arrow and as stated above I am from Scotland, land of the square sausages! I have plenty of hobbies ranging from Motorbiking to Swimming to Martial Arts. I’ve played a variety of games throughout my life starting with Morrowind (TES series is my favourite) due to the lore being so in depth and never ending! I moved onto Neverwinter nights and other highly renowned RPG’s and open worlds. I have never been much of a fan of the online player games (MMORPG’s) however until MC first came out and you where finally able to play on Multiplayer mode after the Alpha/Beta stages etc. Which drew me into the RPGing world for MC. I have taken some time from MC as the last time I was playing on it was back in 1.8/1.9 so I am very well aware there is a lot for me to learn about again. I do work for most of the week and do come online as often as I can, but my job does limit me with last minute notice of jobs and work that could come across, but I will be online through as often as I can be.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I work as an Engineer and sadly there is no work that I could show off but one of my hobbies is painting miniature models and I enjoy them as it can be a good pastime.
Eldar Paint.jpg
I do also enjoy doing some lore writing and story writing as a past time to enjoy where my imagination can go and the limits of it.
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Indeed, I was refered by Rang3r0wns94.

Character Information

Character Name:
Yriel Iyaden

Character Age:
120 Years Old

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
Shorter than most Forest Elves Yriel only stands tall at 5’7’’ but is still as slender as any other through his many decades of gathering and hunting in the northern Forests. His hair is a faint brown with lighter ends. His eyes are of cyan through his parents whom had Green eyes from his mother and grey eyes from his father. He has been touched by the sun with his skin, giving a light tan across him. He wears a silver cloak for any work or travel, when hunting he changes into a tanned or green pelted leather outfit that helps him to blend into the greenery of the forests.

Picture of Skin:
Elven Character.jpg

Elf.jpg

Written Test:
Back in the Era of PC 2280, when the Bastions of the Northern realm began to fall, Yriel had only moments to collect his provisions and equipment that he may require for his long and treacherous journey south of the land, to seek safety from the oncoming horde of Skraag’s undead legion’s. He slouched over a desk of strange liquids and plant life from within his self-made home. To the untrained eye it would seem like a mixture of just miscellaneous items used for making food. In which case some of them would be correct, but Yriel was studying these ingredients, plants and strange liquids for a source of healing and betterment for the living. There were many rumours of the Undead horde that was soon to arrive, and Yriel didn’t want to risk the loss of any information he may have discovered, or yet to be found.

About three months ago, before the fall of the Bastions, Yriel was gathering ingredients from the wilderness around him. He has watched as the other races plague the world with their wars and attempts of dominion over each other. Yriel himself, never wishing to become involved in any way. But when the war brought danger to his home by leaving many injured or dwindling into the never-ending sleep, he couldn’t sit by much longer.

There was a small settlement that was razed to ashes with the people of it still struggling for their survival even when the flames dwindled. Yriel saw the pain and struggle these people where in and his own heart became torn from the sights of all the screaming children that seek their parents, lovers on their knees praying to their gods for the safe passage of their partners, as well as the silence of the elders that somehow survived with deaths door injuries, that without aid they would surely be claimed by the voids dark hand.

Taking a slow walk through the now razed settlement, he notices there is no sign of any healer, or person administering these poor souls with the care that they require to survive. *The saddened souls probably don’t know the correct ingredients to use for stopping the bleeding and clots…. * Yriel thought to himself.

With a long and deep sigh, he calmed his nerves for what would soon be a long few days for him. Searching through his satchel he has attached to his right thigh, he began rummaging for these three ingredients; a red oil like mixture of nettle root, roses and barley, mixing that with an Akola leaf will solidify the mixture to help with healing and cleansing of the wounds to help these people live and rebuild their lives. Making his way from person to person he used these mixtures. Cleaning, applying and wrapping the wounds of every person in the area, getting those with enough strength to go and collect more of the ingredients from locations he described to them through a map he had on him of the surrounding area. He was never good with communication with new people, so he used his actions to talk for him.

Two whole days passed of non-stop treatment of these settlers to help them get back into their stabilised conditions. And just like the wind, when no one was looking, he placed the map he had on him on a large boulder in the centre of the use to be town which directs to another nearby town, hoping then that they may find shelter and peace. For Yriel himself he returned to his home, contemplating what he had just witnessed and believed for all life. For being raised by his parents to respect all life and protect those around you, as the Tenants of The First state. But for the tenants of The Great Wolf say, ‘Do not give mercy, and do not expect it’, makes Yriel feel uncertain and contradicted between which God he must believe in and trust from now on.

Whilst seeking clarity for his spliced beliefs he decided to provide aid to support all life until a final decision can be explained to him. He did this by providing aid to the nearby town to help the settlers who had recently been through a trauma, hunting, preying to the Huntress and The First for all that they provide to him and to others before the final stroke of his blade into any animal or plants life source.

This continued for some time until the era of PC 2281, where Skraag’s horde had broken through the Bastions in the north, only a few hours north of Yriel’s home.

Frantically gathering his immediate supplies for healing, his Ash wood Bow and arrows for protection, along with his curved short sword for close combat if required. As much as Yriel wasn’t the best in combat, he was skilled enough to hunt targets with his bow. And that is all his enemies would be, targets he must protect himself from.

He made for a direct southern bearing, but as he made ten minutes from his home he spotted the glimmer on the horizon. It was the town that the settlers from three months ago had turned to…it was engulfed in flames, as screams echoed over the landscape of the plain. He paused for a moment, *They couldn’t have made it this far south already…? * He questioned himself. His hand grasping his bow tightly as he curses himself, apologising to The First and The Great Wolf for his breaking of any tenants that may become of his upcoming actions.

With a fleet of foot motion, he swiftly made his way to the back of the towns wooden walls of only six feet high at most. Leaping and climbing above the wall he made his way to the centre of the town. Many lay dead on the gravel pathways and demolished homes, but more still live trapped in the town by these monsters, struggling to break free to make their way south to safety. Clutching his bow firm, he drew his first arrow aimed at these undead monsters slowly making their way towards a group of five humans. He taut his bow and with a gentle exhale he released his bowstring as the arrow flew piercing the walking corpse in the chest, knocking it to the ground. His heart felt a bit of relief knowing he could target these monsters so easily, but in an instant the creature was making its way to its feet to stand once again. Yriel couldn’t believe his eyes. Never had he seen such a thing.

Suddenly a human, plated in gleaming armour, raced past him with a two-handed war axe and embedded the weapon in the corpse’s skull. “Aim for the brain or detach the head!” The human yelled as he kicked the now truly lifeless corpse to the ground, immobile. Yriel understood the motion of the humans free hand pointing to the corpses head very well. Realising his mistake Yriel draws another arrow and aims for another creature in motion towards a young male human running for the southern most exit. Yriel releases his arrow, which swiftly flies deep into the corpses skull dropping it lifeless to the ground. *Thirty arrows remaining* He thought to himself deciding on his next target carefully, as there must had been over fifty of the undead, there was no way he could defeat them all even if he had the training that would benefit him. He took aim for this skeletal being wielding a bow with it taut towards the human with the war axe. Yriel swiftly released an arrow to the creature, missing it, but throwing it off guard to miss the human warrior. Yriel smirked slightly as the creature turned to face him. They both drew and taut their bows, Yriel quickly moving behind a nearby stone platform for cover as he released another shot hoping he hit the target. Peeping out from the platform to check his target, an arrow sliced him across his lower draw arm. Wincing he quickly took cover from the multiple shots he was now receiving. *there must be more than three of them attacking me now. * He thought to himself. Bandaging his arm with the same ingredients he always uses he now breaths heavily, drawing his bow to fire back, shattering one of his opponents into a bundle of bones. Slightly shocked at the sight of the creature falling apart he froze in place, becoming an open target for his opponents to fire upon him.

Suddenly a large metal plate thrown in front of him by this bulking human with heavy plated armour that covered his entire body. His eyes perplexed by the clanging of the enemy’s arrows bouncing off it on the other side. “Run for the southern kingdom!” The human yells as he uses this metal plate to protect us both as we make our way out of the city, following the rest of the humans from the town south.

The human wielding the war axe checking the people around us as we race into the middle of the crowd fleeing the horde, he is clearly the leader of the fighters within the crowd, those who just caught up with the rest clearly being all the remaining fighters from the town. *Fighters* Yriel scoffs to himself, *I couldn’t even kill more than three enemies with my bow. * He cursed to himself. The leader speaks to the rest of the warriors around him. “I think we got everyone still alive out of there lads” Cheering to themselves on their believed victory. But no matter how hard Yriel concentrated he glanced back at the town, and he swore he could still hear screaming and pleas.

Now in present day Yriel still has nightmares of that time back in the northern part of Alteran. He wakes in early hours, not able to sleep until the moon rises high. Gathering resources all day and hunting most of the evening. He feels he has betrayed the Gods; The First and The Great Wolf, but he wishes to make peace with his own mind. And so now he travels the world seeking cures to diseases and plagues of the land, learning these new creatures’ ways, the forests love and protect is to be secured, and to eventually show that the destruction of the world is not required for all races to be productive with their progression of ideas and buildings.

But to do this he requires help to understand the other races ideas, ways of life and thoughts. And so, he has decided to explore this new world to him, to find those who seek the same objectives and outcomes.

(I am aware of the written test not being violent but I wasnt sure of another way in which to show RP capability without the quick brief of a backstory along with a quick fight scene.)

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Your application looks good but we don't really have bleach for hair. If you want your character to have silver hair I recommend you speak with Solus to explain to her why your hair is the way it is. That or you may change your character's hair altogether. I look forward to your reply!

Your application looks good but we don't really have bleach for hair. If you want your character to have silver hair I recommend you speak with Solus to explain to her why your hair is the way it is. That or you may change your character's hair altogether. I look forward to your reply!
No problem I can easily change the hair colour to a light brown colour. Thank you for the reply! Will change it just now. :D

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.
Thank you very much! I look forward to RPing with you all :D