Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

BLarg Clarifies Things

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
It's come to my attention, thanks to some friends, that multiple sources, both friend and relative stranger, have been propagating what basically amounts to misinformation. In light of this, I thought I would write something to clarify a few points. I'm not targetting anyone, for the record, if I were I would confront them privately to try to clarify these points. But I'm a believer in the truism of "for every rat you see in the house, there's six more nesting in the walls."

I am the magus of Cogimency.
A lot of people already knew this, but there might be new or uninformed people who don't. I wrote the lore, and I play the character who teaches it. I was, and still am, planning on a series of events that make this more and more obvious as time goes on, but I might as well disclose it here so I can better clarify some things that tie specifically to that.

I am playing the magus as a normal character.
Yes, I don't play Nwalme with the same restrictions as the magi of old. He is not an event character, and he is not a character who exists solely to teach other people magic. I feel that would be a disservice to the people who interact with him regularly. My character is the leader of his own faction, and has a strong bias toward people who serve that faction (directly or indirectly). This is something that makes nothing but perfect sense to me. The character is antagonistic, and relies on other people to achieve his goals. If he were not the leader of this faction, he would simply form another that had a Cogimens bias instead of a loyalty bias. I do try to find potential recruits outside of it, through the hosting of events in the past and future, and one of my two apprentices were not originally affiliated with Nwalme upon being taken under his wing.

Furthermore, I have not changed my character's personality or goals upon being granted my role as magus. Demonstrably, he is the same, except for the fact that he has these new abilities. This is a deliberate choice on my part, to go against the rules of old for when magi were suddenly granted their abilities, because I've been waiting to be given any kind of magical ability for over two out of character years (in my head, I imagine Nwalme would be more powerful by now, not a magus, and be able to do these things I want to do as him without restrictions placed upon him, if he had been allowed to practice magic for all of this time instead of having it be given to me out of character to write up).

Nwalme originally began as a Cogitator (old name, same thing in principle) learning under the magus of that age a long time ago. That magus was booted from the team, the lessons retconned, and when a new magus was put in their place, Nwalme found his way under their tutelage. For various out of character reasons, that magus had to leave the server for an extended period of time. After realization that he would not be returning in quite some time, it was decided that the lore would be rewritten and I would be given the role of out of character magus. Then that loremaster was taken from the team by the person who owned the server at the time. I was eventually told I would be writing the new system for Cogitation (it was then that the name was changed to Cogimency) and be the magus of it. A few months later, the first magic system I had ever written was finished. Recently, I had a revised edition of it approved, and have been very happily sharing my plans and vision for Cogimency, which is when I think a lot of this misinformation began to spread.

I am not planning on going to war with anyone.
This is interesting. I do have plans in the event of war, some of which involve a first strike sort of model, but those are contingencies. They are, by definition, plans that are unforeseen to necessitate implimentation and made just in case something unexpected happens. My character may say that he is planning to go to war with someone, or preparing in the event of war, but this is twofold:

Misdirection and obfuscation have been his two most well-honed tools since his creation as a character. Nwalme will often say something, simply to throw people off of the track of what he actually means. I tend to keep this on the down low out of character because people may inadvertently metagame it - I tend to treat these things like spoilers, that are more fun to find out in character than be told out of character and worry you might be metagaming it if you have the sudden idea that X could be why Y is happening.

Secondarily, Nwalme is extremely paranoid. Yes, Sanardu has far more defences than it would ever need except for in the event of war, secret passageways for Nwalme's personal use in the event of something going wrong, and Nwalme has meticulously planned several routes of escape for himself and his family in the event of a siege or otherworldly malady. This is someone who has lived through four mass exoduses, worked with people to carefully engineer the rise and fall of dynasties, and been attacked unexpectedly on several occasions in his life, both in his own home and abroad.

You might disagree with me.
That's fine. I respect that I won't convince everyone that what I'm doing with my character and my vision both in character and out of character for Cogimency. I respect that keeping my plans to myself might be doing more harm than good. I respect that you might think what I'm doing is not the best way to do what I'm trying to do. It is, however, fun. And the people involved in it also say it's fun. I try to be a funny, open, pleasant, and generally extremely chill guy. I do have artistic integrity, however, and do plan to continue through with my plans, as I see them, for as long as I will be allowed to.

tl;dr nwalme is a serial killer and i should of never been trusted with magic and for the love god do what were you thinking the world is ending rn nwalmian rebellion up in this shit

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
XD Is it bad I read the first line, then prayed for a TL;DR? But hey, people just love to hate on assholes! But without a few in the server then it'd be boring. I mean... just ask The Courier. :D Prime real estate for hating on! Just keep doing what you do, my dude. :heart:

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
Were people disliking you because of your character? I've just never seen a post like this. I also don't have a problem with you or your character by the way.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Were people disliking you because of your character? I've just never seen a post like this. I also don't have a problem with you or your character by the way.
nah i wasn't personally being attacked or anything, not at all, i just wanted to nip complaints in the bud before they went from misinformed but well-meaning rumors to people actually taking action on said misinformation

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
cymic's always the monkey
I will not take this disrespect towards Harambe. As the creator of the Harambe Memorial Thread, you should know very well he was a Western Lowland Gorilla. Despicable. How do you sleep at night, Rygan. You're an imposter, and an enemy to every and all gorilla to walk this plane of existence. Just look at that smug little smirk. I can't believe this. May Harambe have mercy on your soul.

turn down the roast :(

Last edited:

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
I will not take this disrespect towards Harambe. As the creator of the Harambe Memorial Thread, you should know very well he was a Western Lowland Gorilla. Despicable. How do you sleep at night, Rygan. You're an imposter, and an enemy to every and all gorilla to walk this plane of existence. Just look at that smug little smirk. I can't believe this. May Harambe have mercy on your soul.
How do you sleep at night Cymic? All you do is talk about Harambe and him only. What about the other gorillas that have died at the hands of fascism, for example Bentu. You are the imposter for saying that you defend gorillas without even having the thought of mentioning the other gorilla martyrs. For shame Cymic, for shame.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
How do you sleep at night Cymic? All you do is talk about Harambe and him only. What about the other gorillas that have died at the hands of fascism, for example Bentu. You are the imposter for saying that you defend gorillas without even having the thought of mentioning the other gorilla martyrs. For shame Cymic, for shame.
You mean Bantu, racist?