Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bob's art garbage

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
So- I partially caved, and I'll be drawing and posting some fairly bad first-sketches of mine I've done in a long time, and yes, there will be happy little trees and bushes.

And yes, I know my camera is horrible, and I'll be working on that, though if you have any tips/criticisms, that is always appreciated, thanks!~

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
It's looking good, I look forward to seeing more art from you! :D
Trees and organic things can be difficult to draw, one thing to remember is that very rarely will organic things have perfectly straight lines and 90 degree angles. Putting some curve will help your branches have a more naturalistic feel.
I hope this little bit helps~ :heart:

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Here's a hand, I tried, but the proportions are completely off.
A gem? Iunno, I just really liked how it turned out.
A strand of hair, and I shaded the eye some more.
I also finished the tree.
Any tips?

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lover
Hero
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
By the look of your style and shading, I would highly suggest buying tortillions/blending stumps, if you don't have any already - they smooth out the texture and layering of pencil and charcoal, and I'd say you could only benefit with that. You should be able to find them at any crafts store worth its salt for... probably around five dollars for a package.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
By the look of your style and shading, I would highly suggest buying tortillions/blending stumps, if you don't have any already - they smooth out the texture and layering of pencil and charcoal, and I'd say you could only benefit with that. You should be able to find them at any crafts store worth its salt for... probably around five dollars for a package.
I'll run out when I can then!