Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Book Suggestions-

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I have read through my very large stack of books that I had to get through- and I now have nothing to read. I was wondering what kind of books you guys have read that you found amazing, I am looking for books that are heavy fantasy, and set in medieval times, or ones that are set in a Sci-Fi world. So let's hear your suggestions! :)

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
If you're really into amazing heavy sci-fi fantasy, check out The Wars of Light and Shadows series by Janny Wurts. The first one is called The Curse of the Mistwraith.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
The Malazan Book of the Fallen.

A fantasy series. Very long. Magic is present, although not the most common.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
But really, Ath, I am going to have to insist that you, being the new owner of the Alteran Postal Service, immediately read The Green Rider. And possibly the one after that (The First Rider's Call).

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Like Depressed_Monkey said, the Gone series.
Not sci-fi as in "epic space battles are aliens", but I've read the first two books and its pretty great so far!

Also if you're into the big space-battles and stuff, I'd suggest any of the Halo books. The Halo-universe itself is huge, and the stories themselves are very unique in their own ways!
I'd recommend the Evolution volumes if you're looking for short-stories :)

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
*glances towards bookshelf* But really, it all depends on what you're looking for. One of my favorite books is Jaran by Kate Elliot... it's technically science fiction, but feels more... medieval low fantasy most of the time.

Then there's almost anything by Robin Hobb... PARTICULARLY her Farseer Trilogy, Liveship Traders Trilogy, and Tawny Man Trilogy. Stay away from the Soldier Son trilogy except for the first one.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Also, I am loathe to say it because it seems trope-y;
A Song of Ice and Fire. I prefer Malazan, but if you haven't read ASOIAF, then do.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Oh, I only noticed the "scifi" part, was confused why everyone was suggesting medieval stuff XD
How about "The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms"? I got it years ago, never actually bothered to read much of it until recently when I realized just how awesome it was.

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
So many books. Whoo~ and yes Som, I just bought the book on my Kindle; I am going to start it up now! Thanks guys!

Helios

Legend of Altera
There is this book called Fire. I'm reading with a second called The Graceling. I find it interesting.
Gone Series?
I read all of the books within 2 weeks, easy read but very interesante.

EDIT: Another series that's very detailed and I find very interesting is the Wheel Of Time series.

Camernater3

Lord of Altera
BZRK and BZRK RELOADED made by the guy who did the Gone series
CHERUB, technically doesn't count towards your genres it's still an excellent series
THE HUNGER GAMES Do I really need to tell you?
DOCTOR WHO!