Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

BraveRubberDuck's (Re)Application [Accepted - Jinny]

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
2012 Application:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/braverubberduck-application-approved-geo.6965/

2015 Application:
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/braverubberduck-application-approved-ptiber.31838/

1. What is your Minecraft username?
BraveRubberDuck

2. How old are you?26

3. What country are you from?
Portugal, speaking both Portuguese and English (The English part mostly due to this server, since it was what jump started my motivation to learn English after what was taught in school.)
Also starting on Russian lessons, but that's another story.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
King's Law, Code of Conducts and Player Guides yes (They have not changed much but still gave it a second look), Official Lore not yet but I'll be catching up on what has changed in this next week.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
RP wise using knowledge from outside your character point of view is metagaming, both in conversations and general behavior.
In game, all the extra tools (minimap, transparent textures, and so on) that would give you an advantage, also a no-no.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Hard one to answer, can I use "Remove two wrong answers" or "Ask the audience"? (it's a no, of course)

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Tiberione right now, helping me get back into the server ^-^

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well, a lot has changed since my last intro (it's been 6 years... I'm getting old)
I'm in the Portuguese Air Force, but currently opening my own clinic as a massage therapist. Played videogames since I can remember, still a core of my personality, and hope to, with time, learn how to make my own games. Love to workout, to read, to cook (and eat), living with my lovely girlfriend and a cat, and... that's about it!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Oh boy, do I.
(Besides my character progression in the signature)

Thieves guild, with working quests:
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-thieves-guild.17082/

Build example:

Complex poster:
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/posters.21004/

Evil wall building:
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/wall-im-sorry-d.17103/

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Old timer, can't leave for long

About Your Character!
I'm not sure if I'll still play as the old Nakat I use to be, or if I'll let him die in peace and move on (still want to see if it is viable to keep the race alive or if I wont be needed as one). If it comes to it, human race would be the next one, being either:
  • Skills and gear: A traveling monk, using either a stick or bare hands for means to defend himself, although he would rather avoid confrontation by feeling or persuasion.
  • Lore: I'll still have to do more research on the religion part, since my old character was pretty removed from society, never learning much on that subject.
  • Magic: I can meditate on a subject, that's about it.
  • Temper: A monk is as peaceful as I can go with this character build.
  • Background: Simple man that joined the church, and decided to go on a pilgrimage, nothing fancy to start.
or
  • Skills and gear: A mercenary, shield and sword in his hands and not much coin to spend, needing to work serving as a iron-for-hire to keep the stomach full.
  • Story: He is a simple man, raised by farmers. Got in a few situations wen he was little, always getting into fights, roughening him to be a blunt and straight man.
  • Magic: can he use his magical iron sword to magically make cuts into whatever flesh he swings? (/joke)
  • Temper: Besides doing what he's told wen hired, he likes to keep to himself (not someone who picks a fight for the sake of picking one)

This two would be my backup if my old character moves on. Keeping that in mind, as soon as the old character is finished, background story will be added to either one of them to make the new character.

Character Name:
J'Dar Kahest, the old wise cat is my main one.

Character Age:
Old,in his fifties.

Character Race:
Old character is a Nakat.
New ones would be both humans.

Appearance:
(from character profile)
Race: Nakat
How old does he appear: Still looking younger than 40, since he takes care of himself

Weight: 5'8''
Height: 80 kg
Body build: Well built, since he lived in the woods most of his life
Eye color: Light blue, almost grey
Fur: Grey with patches of light grey, and white on his chest/hands/muzzle
Distinguishing marks: Scars on his left ear
Predominant features: Has a lot of fur, instead of just a small layer of it
Voice: A bass, gravely voice
Clothes: Bermuda Leather pants, and a backpack. Has a cloak in his backpack for the rain, but
rarely uses it. (So yes, he walks around topless, and comfortable with that)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Keeping the consistency, the background of the Character, starting wen he entered old age:

Day Zero - Around Dawn
The exodus is coming, I can feel it...
The dark coulds that have been lurking Kavdam have a different shade this morning. A grim, faded dark that can only bring more
dark with it.
He's been stuck in this forgotten town for the last few weeks. No birds are singing for the sunrise, no howls after sunset. Just the silent wind whispers, telling him that the end is near. By this time, everyone that could had pack their bags and moved on to a new part of this world, while he's here, stuck, doomed to whatever happens to his hometown. If only she was here.

Day Zero - Afternoon
The wind is building up to a storm, he can barely walk outside at this point... The end is near. His end is near. He takes refuge in the guts of the mountain. At least inside it should be safer, for a while.

Day Zero - Time unknown
The city is being torn into pieces by the wind and the fire. Nothing will survive the fury of the exodus this time.
Even if he make it trough alive, there is nothing for him but wasteland after this. I'll either starve or die in another replica. If only she was here.
---
The thunder echoes inside the mountain like a beast calling for him. The walls have started to crack, Not even the mountain will survive this. I've got to get out of here.
---
He has been trying to leave this place, but every time he tries to go down to the ground level, he finds another collapsed corridor. The only way out is trough the peak. Lady luck is not on my side anymore... But I wont be buried alive, laying in stone, here, forever.
---
I must be close to the top, the echo that the wind is making is so loud now that I can't hear anything else.
---
I can see the sky looking down on me. The thunderstorm teasing me to come out. There's nothing separating me from the outside but a staircase. I can die in piece now, outside, free... If only she was here to enjoy this beautiful chaos.

As J'Dar climbs um the final step of the staircase, struggling against the wind, he can feel the burning hot air, blazing everything in his path. But he keeps going, flailing, decaying, turning into ashes, blown away by the wind. Dying free, ashes scattered trough what was left of Kavdam. Like he always wanted.

That was the end for our old cat... Or so he thought.

Day one - 20th of Truebirth, 2259, Year of Rebirth

I'm startled by the sound of thunderstorm in the distance. Droplets of water falling from the trees give the finishing blow to the sleepiness that kept me from opening my eyes. As I open them, slowly, I can see the outline from the trees above.
It took me a while to get up. My limbs are numb, and they take a while to respond to my commands.
It must be around mid-day, and from what I can feel we must still be in the season of birth. I look around, still dizzy from whatever happened to me, looking for any sings of - well - anything. But beside trees and mountains, it seems that I'm all alone in this mess. And what a mess it is.

Day two - A few hours before sunset

Welcome you all, welcome to what is going to be a messy day in the life on J'Dar Ka-
Oh will you shut up black? Now is not the bloody time...
Don't be so rude J'Dar, I'm just trying to entertain you. Besides, what do you expect me to do to spend the time, keep watching your old memories over and over?
I'm just going to ignore you for now.
J'Dar... Don't do that. Who else are you going to talk here, in the middle of nowhere? I know I'm just a fragment of your mind, but still, at least I can keep you company.
(...)
As I was saying, welcome to what is going to be another messy day in the life of J'Dar Kahest. As he gathers wood for his campfire, his hungry stomach thinks what will he have for dinner. With nothing but a badly crafted spear, he can't hunt anything more than a few rabbits that are too dumb to flee wen they see him aproach in the distance. Tonight he will still sleep in the ground, with nothing but a few leafs to rest his head, just to keep heading south as soon as the sun, anoyingly bright, wakes him up in the morning.
(...) are you done?
For tonight, yes. This is fun, I think I'm gonna keep on doing this from now on.

Sunderday, 15th of Mistset, 2260 - Season of Harvest

It has been a while since my last update on a journal. Mostly because I could not bother with writing anything but the necessary. But hey, at least I'm starting.

I've moved to the new land, and have been traveling here and there, selling what I scavenge in the sorrows. I've been doing this for a while, and the trade has been good, since not that many people are willing to venture out that much in a new land. So far, I've been staying at Mockingbay most of the time. Spent a day or two at Hawklight, but it's not the kind of settlement for me. Thinks look promising in this new land.

Townsday, 30th of Mistset, 2260 - Season of Harvest

After a few long talks, the folk from Mockingbay gave me permition to use the island east of their town to build a settlement! I'm still a long way from having a small house there, but it's a start. Now to find a crew to help me build...

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.