Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bray's Application [Declined - Snerus]

Bray

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
endlesseclipse

2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yep, the whole thing.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Bad RP-ing and childish activity. Using information or creating information that would save you from having to RP properly. Metagaming is the use of information that my character would not reasonably have, while power gaming is the attempt to create new information on the fly to resolve a situation, as opposed to working out the situation with proper RP.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a fourth year philosophy student, currently working on a masters thesis. I enjoy RPGs, not limited to video games, I have been a dungeons and dragons DM, and find great joy in world/character building. Other hobbies would include magic the gathering, reading, and writing. I also like exploring small towns far away from metropolitan areas - there's something lovely about that special kind of charm a tiny town has that just draws me in. I used to do a lot of pixel art, not so much the past few years.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not really.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server? By accident.
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Bray Fisher

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Brown hair, Blue eyes, Caucasian. Travellers clothes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/the-forever-travelling/

Written Test!
Bray Fisher, a generally unremarkable man, was named after his father who, unsurprisingly enough, was a fisherman. Though they got on well enough, Bray never much cared for his father's trade, and so, when the tiresome life of a poor fishermen was at its end, Bray took what he had and left. What drove Bray onward was exploration, discovery; each step was one closer towards somewhere new. Without a specifically local in mind, Bray lived for years on the road, from inn to inn, town to town, taking up odd jobs wherever he could. "Life is something to be made meaningful." he thought as he stepped out onto the open road, "and for now, these boots are doing my life's work." This was his creed, it followed him wherever he went, impelling each new step with a sense of wonder and a marked hunger for discovery. Bray might settle here or there at some point, but for now, he seeks to find a place worthy of hanging up his boots.

Though by no means a religious man, Bray has come to identify deeply with Jax, and has found that, across all the inns and taverns he has visited, Jax surely must find great delight in Bray's ability to defeat whomever he meets whence it comes to games of chance. Though it is thanks to his modest upbringing that Bray never finds himself of depriving his opponents of too much. In his name, Bray always leaves some of his nightly winnings as a tip for the tavern keep, for he knows that this is a holy place for Jax, and that the man behind the counter stands as a high priest. "To each their own, to each what they are due." Another simple tenant that has helped guide Bray in his meandering path back and forth across the map. Where a swindler would be beaten, a good tipper finds himself well fed and slumbering soundly in a soft bed.

When life stands before you as a gamble, as a weighing of different odds - each arriving at a different end, Bray flips a coin. "And so it's done!" every gamble may have a wager, but for Bray this matters far less than the possibility that could come from any outcome. "So let the outcomes come!"

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hello there. Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to the server. I looked over your application and I have to say you have a very well written and coherent test. There are however a few things I must go over with you before I can accept your application.

- On the topic of your test, it is only 383 words. The written test should be at least 400 words, however this should be a relatively simple task and your writing style is very proficient.

- Your powergaming definition is correct, though it does not cover the entire scope of power gaming. Within the Roleplay Survival Guide are several examples of different aspects of power gaming that you can read through to get a sense of its entirety.

Once again, thank you for taking time and effort to make this application. I look forward to reading the changes you make in the future.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
This application is long overdue for denial due to inactivity. Apologies for the long wait on the queue. Bray, if you're still here, feel free to reapply with a new whitelist application!