Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Brief announcement on server bullying

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hello.

We’ve recently had an issue where our long standing playerbase have been spamming, bullying, and making inappropriate comments to others on the forums and in-game. Although they might not see it that way, that is what's being displayed here on the forums. This is not acceptable behavior. I will say we gave warnings, and have been, for a while now- and although recently, there was a quick decision to give more warnings- Staff, and only staff with information on the actual proceedings itself as proof, have agreed to rectify our quick decision and give proper tempbans to players who’ve broken our number one rule in the King’s Law.

1. Discrimination, OOC racism, bullying, harassment are against the rules. Report any sign of such behavior to Staff immediately. Bullying in any form is a bannable offense, and it is not tolerated as HollowWorld is intended to be a safe and fun community for everyone.
I will personally apologize to anyone we’ve disappointed for not standing by our policies in the past and say we are doing our best with what information we have on the server and on the forums. We make mistakes, too- and we try not to be hasty in our judgements.

On topic of bullying, I’d also clarify that what happens on skype is out of our jurisdiction (save for Confidential Staff and Mentor chats). And I personally can’t help if you end up sending me logs of skype things, so please don’t- we’re not miracle workers. Advice- Block players, kick them from your chats if they’re bullying you. Report them to Skype, even. Don’t let them get to you. You’ve that ability. If they’re doing it on the server, then send us actual proof and report it.

A final piece from myself. Upon our server- there should be no bullying, spamming to make fun of someone to drive them out, or anything that breaks the Kings Law. Respect your fellow players and they will undoubtedly return that respect. Those who don’t and maliciously troll or bully, are not welcome- we have the boot button for that. I hope to build trust between each player, instead of boxing ourselves to corners of the world where we point fingers due to ooc rumors. Your opinions and creative visions are valued, even if it conflicts with others. Differing opinions is not something we discourage, or reporting if you see something breaks our rules- but your comments to demean and ostracize people are not valued. This is to everyone, young and old, to the server.

It should be as simple as that.

This is not up to mock one another, so I will be locking this thread.
I would personally have left this open, but I won't be able to monitor things till tomorrow.

We're a lovely community. Let's work /together/ to build this server instead of turning on each other when stressed.

Thanks,
Solus

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Good morning. It looks like things couldn't wait till I had some rest.

Please, at least, do not send me things such as that. I'd have thought a few of you better than causing drama publicly.
There's a conversation to work things out, and there's not.

Thanks.