Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Briffo Applewood's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

PhilBruno

Lord of Altera
Evil
PhilBruno
PhilBruno
Evil
1. What is your Minecraft username?
DefinitelyBruno

2. How old are you?
I'm seventeen years old.

3. What country are you from?
Portugal!

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Well.
An action can be seen as powergaming when during a roleplay one of the players makes a forceful action that incapacitates the other player of reacting or counter attacking, like killing him without giving a chance to fight back or dodge any incoming attacks.
Metagame is when someone uses information taught outside of roleplay and give it to their character in order to determine their character's actions even if the character is suppose to not be aware of a certain situation.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, it is not permitted since not everyone is capable of accessing this kind of program or texture pack, which would give some an advantage and others a big disadvantage.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
There is Niko for example.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well, there isn't a lot to be told about me, since I'm quite average in general. I've lived in Portugal during my entire life and I've known and loved to speak english since the age of thirteen, and to be honest, it's been one of the skills I'm most proud of since from what I've experienced by my class and friends, there aren't a lot of people who can speak something else other than Portuguese. For most of the time I used an anagram of my real name (which is Bruno) and online friends called me Nurbo, but soon I ended up abandoning that name, so feel free to call me Bruno! Other than playing minecraft, I usually spend time watching youtube videos or playing games on from Steam, like Warframe (I'm pretty new to the game even though the game isn't old at all), Brawlhalla (it's the poor version of smash bros, so it's perfect for me) and The Witched: Wild Hunt 3. Besides gaming and spending most of my precious time which should be spent in studying to give myself a good future (Yes, I'm aware my choices come with terrible consequences) I enjoy doing sports, speaking of which, I used to play roller hockey since I was about six years old until now, since I've given up two months ago in order to start an internship at the Firefighter department while doing 11th grade (I'm repeating it since I needed better grades for 12th grade).
My music taste is very weird, it depends in my mood, but usually, I prefer sad or calm songs with well worked and touching lyrics. Even though I see myself as a pretty bad and cold person at times, I enjoy that kind of music.
I also have a 5 month old cat called Nia, she's adorable. She has blue greenish eyes and white and black fur, and her fur scheme is very symmetrical which is great for someone like me, who hates when people put the sewage lids that have lines incorrectly (I mean, c'mon, YOU'VE GOT ONE JOB!)

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm not an artist or a writter. Like I said, I'm very average, sorry!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Ever since I left this really toxic and bad server called Lord of the Craft, I've been seeking for a good medieval and fantasy server since I miss the enjoyment of that kind of roleplay! I also wish to meet new people, because doing that online is much easier than in real life... At least I think so...

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:​

• Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Briffo Applewood

Character Age:
He's a young seventeen year old.

Character Race:
Halfling.

Appearance:
Briffo is a pretty small Halfling, standing at about 3'6", being smaller than the average Halfling male, but he is still rather young, so perhaps his growth has finished! At least, that's what he hopes. He also weighs about 50lbs, but worry not, he does not have a big belly, he's pretty thin to be honest. He has dirty blond hair and his eyes are brown, not too light and not very dark, just at the right point to not be confused with other colors!

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
1533403149121.png

Written Test!
Briffo, a young Halfling that is more than proud to carry the name Applefoot, had a life that was filled with..! Not many adventures? Well, let's start off with the very beginning, like the day he was brought to life by his beautiful and loving Mother and his courageous and yet frail Father, who were nothing but simple farmers on a very small and unknown Halfling village. They were the kind of people that didn't enjoy adventuring and prefered a more normal and restful life without a lot of people around to become a bother, but as for their offspring, he was never very satisfied with being in a village so small you almost count people with your fingers and toes!
Briffo has always been a very curious young boy, and tended to adventure to the forest with no one's permission, that was the level of audacity this brat had at times, but this does not mean he was a rebellious child! He would have been seen as the child with the best behaviour among the youngest group if it wasn't for his continuous attempts on sneaking out of the village to perhaps find someone knew, like another race or another Halfling village.
Rest assured, Briffo is not the kind of people to act pissy whenever he was found, instead, he was considerative and understanding of what he was doing was wrong, but something always caught his attention beyond those dense trees! Don't confuse this curiosity of his with courage, because something that he did not pick up from his father is courage, instead, he picked up the coward side of his mother. It was just that the curiosity was so much bigger than his cowardness.
During this childhood of his, he made friends with the children at the village, but they never got too close to him, but about just enough to not make him feel like an outcast since most of the children didn't dare to go out to the woods and break the village's rules, unlike the Applefoot.
Once he became old enough, which was sixteen years old, Briffo made a decision of leaving to travel in order to learn more about the cultures and races out there, to have direct contact with them and hopefully come back to the village in order to teach the people more about the giant world they live in. Of course this wasn't a decision he made in a flash, it took him at least two weeks after becoming an adult that he finally resolved to actually go farther than just the forest of the village. He took the money his parents gave him from maturing in order to survive out there, along with a walking stick that is the size for Halfling use, which he... Already lost. Oh yeah, I must've forgotten! He is very clumsy, and tends to lose things easily. Except his money. For some reason, he holds it very tightly. He also has no siblings.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Hello. Unfortunately, you cannot have two different colored eyes at this time. Please refrain from that or speak to Solus, the owner, about it if you really want them. After you change them or speak to Solus let me know, and we'll continue.

PhilBruno

Lord of Altera
Evil
PhilBruno
PhilBruno
Evil
Hello! Sorry for making you wait an hour, I didn't notice you had replied already. I edited to have both of the eyes be brown and took a new shot of the skin since it also had to be edited. I'm sorry for being unaware of a rule against two eyes that are of different color. Also, I'd like to ask if this server has a Discord?

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.