Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bring me thy miniatures!

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH YA STINKIN' GITZ. I'M DA MOS' KRUMPIN' WARBOSS ON T'E BLOCK SO YOU'Z OWE'Z ME SUM TEEF!
NO TEEF? T'EN SHOW ME YER WAAAAAGHS!

After having a gnatter to people in the Tabletop Games section of our Discord, I thought it'd be cool if we could come together and share our miniatures! It's always lovely to see them shared and it's a great way to get c&c if you want it.
So, post the miniatures you've painted away! Feel free to post conversions/kitbashes/scratch builts and all that too. It can be from any game, all are welcome. - I'll start.

HEREZ AN EXAMPLE!

My first attempt at kitbashing and greenstuffing - got some actual sculpting tools for next time, as you can see some areas are a little dodgy after being shaped with just a knife. Hopefully going to add some more bitz then prime and paint him up, so he can then go smash some UMIEZ

Here's the first set of miniatures I ever painted! They definitely need some work, but I like them.

These nobz are amazingly fun to build and paint and I began to test out some new techniques on them. Really fun to do in my opinion.

This is my current painting queue! It's not moving that much at the moment due to college work and the overwhelming dread of painting 50 more Ork Boyz. Thankfully, I've got some vehicles here and there to break it all up.

Slightly extended Imgur album here: https://imgur.com/a/oafl6
All C&C is welcome! I've got a lot of room for improvement, I know. My next army will need it, since I'm planning to kitbash some counts-as CSM Chaos Squats

NOW, GETZ TO POSTIN YA GUBBINZ YOUZ LOT!
Bowduim

Bowduim

Lord of Altera
Pah, those Xeno’s have no culture, no wisdom... Let the Crimson King show you the way, scum.

AA4FF9C6-703A-4C80-80B5-B741E0A71B65.jpeg
9DF9AAA8-CF24-4DC3-BAC9-358D8C5CEB24.jpeg

My first ever minitatures, before I did their bases. Its the only squad I have a good picture of, and by now I’ve switched to actually using chaos models, well- I still have to finish what I currently have.

4D2ADE8C-108E-4C30-9A82-6AF0984C7128.jpeg

My terminators, an improvement, but not perfect.
Anyhow thats all for now, more coming when I finish it.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
All of mine are sadly at home, but I used to collect Necrons. Haven't played for a while.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Going to start collecting soon, once I move home.

Thinking about Space Wolves.

Rue

Lord of Altera
Mystic
PrettyBones
PrettyBones
Mystic
I got mine in another country unfortunately, I was Sisters of Battle main, but I had a bunch of chaos and 'nids as well.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
I did Black Consuls for my models. Love the black and gold paint scheme, plus their lore is that they were almost entirely annihilated and their fortress monastery is gone so I have fun trying to give them a more battle-worn look though I'm not the greatest with fine details.

Turns out the box I keep my models in got jostled around too much in transit and some of the models have broken bits that need to be repaired. So here’s the stuff I can show off that’s intact, though I haven't done anything with the bases yet. Also terrible lighting in my room-
IMG_4217.jpgIMG_4215.jpg
IMG_4218.jpgIMG_4221.jpg
IMG_4216.jpg

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I've acquired some space wolves today.

What have I done.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
So what's it like having lots of minis and no dollars.

What're your thoughts on 3d printing and selling schematics in place of minis?

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
So what's it like having lots of minis and no dollars.

What're your thoughts on 3d printing and selling schematics in place of minis?
Didn't have dollars in the first place, freedom bucks are worthless in the motherland.

On a serious note, I keep seeing videos about 3d printing as a new option and keep meaning to look up more information on it! At the moment, it seems rather far flung to me - I don't understand how the business model could sustain itself, since I imagine a schematic is very easily shared, even if it was illegal to. On top of that, 3D Printers aren't exactly press a button and go at the moment and you're looking at £100 odd for a small one - not everyone can operate them effectively and there's a rather niche amount of people who use them.
That being said I have no idea what I'm on about and the future always has more in store! Do you have an opinion on it, Baron?