Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Broussy's Application [Accepted - Jase]

broussy_

Lord of Altera
broussy_
broussy_
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

broussy_

2. How old are you
?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming - Using information or outside rules to enhance gameplay for a more unique experience.
Powergaming - Using the rules of roleplay to help oneself out, such as maxing out important traits (like putting ability points towards the most powerful abilities).

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Absolutely not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a college student and I have a good bit of downtime this quarter. Just remembered how much fun I had on Minecraft servers when I was younger and decided to redownload it and see if it was as good as it was back in the day. I'm a sophomore in college and my greatest passion is writing music. I am in a small local band with a couple of my closest friends and we play small local shows at our college. I'm a Communication Studies major and I'm considering getting a minor in Music.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yes, shown below is the first two verses and the chorus of a song I wrote last month:

The stars in the sky don't look the same
My heart still drops when I hear your name
And it's been too long to feel this way
But I can still see you standing in the rain

Maybe you weren't an angel sent from above
But you were just what I needed and that was enough
And when you walked out, I'll admit it was tough
And to this day you're the one I'm dreaming of

Maybe I can fly
Staring at the edge, never know if I don't try
Maybe I can fly from this town
Take a leap of faith and pray I don't hit the ground

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I was searching for a roleplay MC server and I saw this one and thought it would be worth sending in an application.

About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Gorth Pyke

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human (Hunchback)

Appearance:
Gorth is 5'8" and very stocky. His left eye has been nearly swollen shut since he was a child. He has brown hair long enough to sometimes help cover his left eye. His arms are built from working the hammer and anvil since the age of 12. He has a large hunch in his back that is the main focal point of his body. He has always hated his appearance, but it is all he knows, so he does what he can to get by.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Gorth Pyke is a bastard son from a small village. His father was a drunken soldier that was passing through town and spent a night with Gorth's mother. His father left before he ever knew he would be a father. Since he was a hunchback, his mother always was ashamed of him, but loved him nonetheless. He knew that he could not receive a higher education, so he instead relied on his strength for work. He is short, but incredibly strong. He got an apprenticeship at the town's blacksmith at the age of 8. He started by helping clean the blacksmith's shop and bringing his master his tools. When he turned 12, he began working on shaping metal, he learned quickly and came close to his matching his master's talent.

Shortly after Gorth turned 17, his mother fell very ill. She was buried out back under a shady tree where she used to play with Gorth when he was young. Before she passed, she told Gorth of his father. All he knew was his name, Kopile Otac, and that he was a tall rugged looking man with a scar on his forehead and a long brown beard. After his mother passed, he had no interest in finding his father because he fell into a deep depression. His mother was the only person whoever loved him. He admired his blacksmith master, but their relationship was nothing more than teacher-student. Gorth became a drunk and would spend his nights drinking in his home until he would pass out. One night he ventured out of his house and was confronted by a group of men just a couple years older than him and they began to ridicule him for his appearance. Gorth did not take kindly to this and tried to fight them, but he was too drunk to properly stand up let alone fight three men. They beat him badly and it took him two weeks to recover fully. Due to his absence at the blacksmith's shop, his apprenticeship was terminated, leaving him with no family and no job in his hometown. He decided to sell the land that his house was on, take that money and set out to start his own life, hopefully as a blacksmith in another town, but first, he would like to find his father.

He set out with nothing but a hammer and a rucksack full of the money he received for his land. On the third night of traveling, he set up camp off the road and drank himself to sleep. He woke up midday to find that his bag with his money had been stolen in the dark of night. All he had left was his hammer and hopes to find his father.

Word Count: 459

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hello and thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Unfortunately, I am going to have to ask you to address a few things before I can whitelist you.
  • Your power-gaming and metagaming definitions are not quite right. You can find the definition here -- [-Click me!-].
  • All skills learned through backstory have to begin at a basic level. This means that all new characters start off in the same place. So -- if you want your character to gain a greater understanding of blacksmithing, you will need to find a teacher in-game and learn from them.
Fix these things, and we can move forward. When you have, please reply to this thread and I will take a look at it again.
broussy_

broussy_

Lord of Altera
broussy_
broussy_
Hello and thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Unfortunately, I am going to have to ask you to address a few things before I can whitelist you.
  • Your power-gaming and metagaming definitions are not quite right. You can find the definition here -- [-Click me!-].
  • All skills learned through backstory have to begin at a basic level. This means that all new characters start off in the same place. So -- if you want your character to gain a greater understanding of blacksmithing, you will need to find a teacher in-game and learn from them.
Fix these things, and we can move forward. When you have, please reply to this thread and I will take a look at it again.
broussy_
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

broussy_

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming - Incorporating OOC information you know to benefit your character, such as knowing someone by their username. While their username exists in the game, it does not in the roleplay.
Powergaming - Creating a situation that ultimately benefits you instead of other players in overpowered ways, such as knocks sword out of opponents hands

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Absolutely not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a college student and I have a good bit of downtime this quarter. Just remembered how much fun I had on Minecraft servers when I was younger and decided to redownload it and see if it was as good as it was back in the day. I'm a sophomore in college and my greatest passion is writing music. I am in a small local band with a couple of my closest friends and we play small local shows at our college. I'm a Communication Studies major and I'm considering getting a minor in Music.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yes, shown below is the first two verses and the chorus of a song I wrote last month:

The stars in the sky don't look the same
My heart still drops when I hear your name
And it's been too long to feel this way
But I can still see you standing in the rain

Maybe you weren't an angel sent from above
But you were just what I needed and that was enough
And when you walked out, I'll admit it was tough
And to this day you're the one I'm dreaming of

Maybe I can fly
Staring at the edge, never know if I don't try
Maybe I can fly from this town
Take a leap of faith and pray I don't hit the ground

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No, I was searching for a roleplay MC server and I saw this one and thought it would be worth sending in an application.

About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Gorth Pyke

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human (Hunchback)

Appearance:
Gorth is 5'8" and very stocky. His left eye has been nearly swollen shut since he was a child. He has brown hair long enough to sometimes help cover his left eye. His arms are built from working the hammer and anvil since the age of 12. He has a large hunch in his back that is the main focal point of his body. He has always hated his appearance, but it is all he knows, so he does what he can to get by.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Gorth Pyke is a bastard son from a small village. His father was a drunken soldier that was passing through town and spent a night with Gorth's mother. His father left before he ever knew he would be a father. Since he was a hunchback, his mother always was ashamed of him, but loved him nonetheless. He knew that he could not receive a higher education, so he instead relied on his strength for work. He is short, but incredibly strong. He got an apprenticeship at the town's blacksmith at the age of 8. He started by helping clean the blacksmith's shop and bringing his master his tools. He was a slow learner, but his master was determined to help Gorth since he felt pity for him.

Shortly after Gorth turned 17, his mother fell very ill. She was buried out back under a shady tree where she used to play with Gorth when he was young. Before she passed, she told Gorth of his father. All he knew was his name, Kopile Otac, and that he was a tall rugged looking man with a scar on his forehead and a long brown beard. After his mother passed, he had no interest in finding his father because he fell into a deep depression. His mother was the only person whoever loved him. He admired his blacksmith master, but their relationship was nothing more than teacher-student. Gorth became a drunk and would spend his nights drinking in his home until he would pass out. One night he ventured out of his house and was confronted by a group of men just a couple years older than him and they began to ridicule him for his appearance. Gorth did not take kindly to this and tried to fight them, but he was too drunk to properly stand up let alone fight three men. They beat him badly and it took him two weeks to recover fully. Due to his absence at the blacksmith's shop, his apprenticeship was terminated, leaving him with no family and no job in his hometown. Even after 11 years of apprenticeship, he still knew little about smithing. The most he could do is hammer a piece of hot metal into indistinguishable shapes. Knowing he could never make a career as a blacksmith on his own, he decided to sell the land that his house was on, take that money and set out to start his own life. Even though he knew very little about him, Gorth wanted to find his father

He set out with nothing but the hammer his former master had given him and a rucksack full of the money he received for his land. On the third night of traveling, he set up camp off the road and drank himself to sleep. He woke up midday to find that his bag with his money had been stolen in the dark of night. All he had left was his hammer and hopes to find his father.

Word Count: 500

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Sweeeet! This looks really good! So without further ado --

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

broussy_