Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

build cap's computer

Tohm

Lord of Altera
buying pre built towers is so much cheaper than making your own rn because of those dirty crypto miners

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Tfw your expenses every month only add up to 1300 shekels

but i refuse to pay more than 3k for a computer, im not looking to experience 4k hd vr hentai
i literally have 34 us dollars in my checking account right now. i just checked.

Djiboutian

Lord of Altera
DJiboutian
DJiboutian
buying pre built towers is so much cheaper than making your own rn because of those dirty crypto miners
Yeah this is really true the prices for a hard drive almost tripled n price since like 2 years ago do to crypto mining.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Yeah this is really true the prices for a hard drive almost tripled n price since like 2 years ago do to crypto mining.
hard drives are stable. GPUs are up due to crypto, RAM is up due to reduced manufacturing capacity at the same time that the mobile market is using desktop-grade RAM.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
hard drives are stable. GPUs are up due to crypto, RAM is up due to reduced manufacturing capacity at the same time that the mobile market is using desktop-grade RAM.
Will God ever let us have have a decrease in these prices? Mobile phone makers hording all the RAM and Miners hording all the GPUs? Life is suffering for us regular Joes who bought our computers 3-4 years ago and can't upgrade due to this nightmare demand cycle.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I'd help you cap but my builds are way over the budget you set... then again my computer is 8-10 years old now and still runs TOP with the majority of new games...
(My current one ranged between 1800 and 2500 I think.. EUR, though which is still more than USD.)
It was a build made to last for a longer amount of time from the beginning though, so I could allocate a higher budget to it.

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'd help you cap but my builds are way over the budget you set... then again my computer is 8-10 years old now and still runs TOP with the majority of new games...
(My current one ranged between 1800 and 2500 I think.. EUR, though which is still more than USD.)
It was a build made to last for a longer amount of time from the beginning though, so I could allocate a higher budget to it.
Specs of your current one?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Specs of your current one?
Note this was all top notch new equip BACK THEN ; I'll spare you the Motherboard and so on unless you really want to know(tbh i'd have to look up msot of it too, the rig is like... old :p ):

Processor: Intel Core I7 39930k@3.20(12CPU), ~ 3.2GHz
16Gig ram
geForce630 (Prolly OCed) (4gb according to Dxdiag)
Win7 Ult 64bit
Price (VAT included) I think it was between 1800 - 2500 EUR, no idea anymore.

First one where I picked the parts and didn't assemble it myself btw. - the 20 Bucks extra were totally worth not having to go through the pain of mountain the processor cooler.
And yeah don't ask me how that old GPU can still properly render stuff without too many problems - I am of course talking properly optimized stuff not Early Access.

Its starting to show signs of age, but is mostly fine even with new games.
Oh yeah there was a second Gcard in when I got it, but I decided that the 630 can do the physX calculations by itself too.

yeah yeah the good old times where I would spend that much on a computer :p -Now I don't even want to upgrade...

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'm gonna say that it definitely doesn't run max settings with new games, then.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I'm gonna say that it definitely doesn't run max settings with new games, then.
It runs on max for most games as far as I recon, assuming its not AE. - The Motherboard has an OC
Minus shadows, which I generally either put out or to lowest settings.

You'd be surprised how much the 630 can still do though - its just a matter of keeping it cool enough.

The only game I remember having trouble with recently was Guild III - there I indeed had to cast back the settings a bit. That is however one of the aforementioned EA games and poorly optimized at that.
I don't really want to spend any money on a GCard either atm, so it has to do it until it breaks. The other thing is that its hard to get one NOT from Zotac but rather the original GeForce in Austria ;)