Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Burnsy's Application [Approved - Snerus]

Burnsy

Villager
About Me!
1. What is your Minecraft username
?
burnmaster25 (A little lame I know, but it holds sentimental value!)

2. How old are you?
I'm 18! I can vote for the president, and I can vote for your server! ;)

3. What country are you from?
Im from the good ole' US of A! ...America, I'm from America.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have! All very reasonable and sensible in my opinion, and the lore seems crafted by the hands of the gods themselves. Although, I'm not sure if I've read through all the lore, but I am more than willing!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I've actually played a consistant game of Dungeons and Dragons for the past year so I completely understand how boring role-play can get when metagaming and powergaming are at play. Metagaming is when a player's extensive knowledge outside of the game is used within the game. A misuse of dramatic irony if you will. Powergaming is when a player gives their character too much power to be realistic for the role-play or to be effective within the scenarios. This includes examples like when the player gives their character imaginary followers or gives their character so much power that it might take away the choices to be more creative for other players. This would be like forcing another character to make a choice, like dropping their sword in combat or choosing for them whether or not they submit to your requests in the role-play.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Of course not! Why should you? Kinda takes away from the whole point of survival Minecraft. If you want everything in the game to be easily accessible, then go play creative mode.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod! I'm not sure why their name stood out to me, but it did, so there ya go.

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi there application reader! My name is Josh (or burn(sy) preferably). I'm 18 years young, as said above, I'm a Slytherin (if you're into Harry Potter) and I'm from California! As I also said above, I have plenty of role-play experience from playing Dungeons and Dragons with a group of friends for the past year. Another activity that may help with this server and my role-playing skill would be writing and drawing sometimes! I kinda shift between the two depending on how I feel, but it usually relates to medieval fantasy settings (many of my sketches and writings (pictured below) were inspired by our D&D game). I also love reading fantasy books, but I also enjoy classic books and stories. I play some sports too (football/boxing), but thats never really been my main interest, I mostly just played them to stay in shape. Anyways, I'm a super friendly dude with a huge imagination and a passion for anything epic. I hope this explained enough about myself, if not I'm willing to answer any questions!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Ahhh okay so I'm generally a pretty self conscious person by nature, but I am proud of the things I've attached below. There are two character sketches, those are of a friend's D&D character and my own, (I also have some other character drawings if anyone would ever be interested in seeing them!). The other drawing is of something unrelated to fantasy that I drew. I've messed around in different art styles but traditional American tattoo style is one of my favorites! (Once again, I have more if anyone would be interested!). Anyways, those are some of my works, hope you enjoy browsing!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope! I was literally just googling Minecraft medieval role-play servers and yours was the first to pop up. Lucky me!

About My Character!

Character Name: Archon Naílo (birth surname) Foxbrooke (used/self-given surname)

Character Age: 24

Character Race: Silver elf

Appearance: Archon has black hair, which appears a reddish-copper color in the sunlight. He also has bright blue eyes with flecks of sliver. He often prefers to wear darker colors (due to his lower class upbringing)- usually blacks, grays, and deep blues.

Background: Just to clear up and explain some of Archon's appearance, his father was of a highly prominent family in one of the smaller silver elven cities before the exodus and his mother was an entertainer and servant from one of the settlements outside of that city. His father fell in love with her in secret and they had a son, Archon. This is why he has dark hair, but bright blue eyes and darker dress. Unfortunately, his mother died in childbirth and his father, being the cold, calculated silver elf that he was, knew that the young bastard would never be accepted into high society. So he sent the baby boy to be raised by the priests and priestesses of Silas within the settlement outside the city. Archon, upon later learning of his true parentage, would take on his own surname, Foxbrooke.

Written Test! (Sorry for the length!)

Archon took a seat and wiped the sweat from his brow, a familiar smirk on his face. He spoke with a deep, rough voice that was fairly uncharacteristic for his race, but not completely uncharacteristic for his station, “Oh, I’m sorry old mutt,” he said sarcastically, “am I tiring you out? Perhaps you need a nap after such an exhausting lesson?” Archon’s fencing teacher stood with his back to him, replacing the swords on the walls from where they had been taken. The master swordsman laughed lightly before turning around to face the young man, “Once you’ve bested me while sparring, then I shall take my rest, pup.” He offered his hand and helped the boy to his feet.

Vulre, one of the few fencing masters in the smaller silver city of Enenore, had grown to like the young boy from the outer settlements. Despite his lower class, Archon had taken to his fencing lessons easily, and became one of Vulre’s favorite students, not that he would ever let him know that though. Vulre was slightly shorter than Archon now, though he had been his teacher since he was a boy, but he was stronger than most silver elves and still incredibly fast despite his age. He had skin that was paler than the moon and eyes and hair as black as the night. He spoke to the young man now, as Archon began gathering his things in his satchel, “Be safe on your way back to the settlement tonight, Archon,” he said gruffly, “It seems there have been more and more dangers at night since the monsters began returning.” Archon replied with a grin as he made his way to the door, as he had so many times before, “Aww is the mean old battle master worried for the young pup?” The teacher simply opened the door for the young man, “Perhaps if your fencing skills we’re better, you wouldn't give me reason to be nervous for you, piss-pot.” Archon laughed lightly before bowing before his master and exiting into the cold, dark air of the night.

Normally, the young elf would simply pull his hood up to warm his ears, and be on his way down the road back towards his home with the priests and priestesses of Silas in the settlement. However, tonight the young elf would pull his hood up for a different reason. He began walking towards the settlement until he saw the light of the fencing room extinguish as the door closed. As swift as the wind, the young man dashed in the opposite direction of his home and moved to the base of the neared tower to him. Archon took a deep breath and tightened his satchel as he sized up the tower before him. He had made the climb multiple times, so it was easy for him at this point. He reached into a pouch in his satchel and took a handful of chalk powder and clapped his hands before be began his ascent up the tower, with his goal in sight. The young thief began climbing quickly and absentmindedly, his hands and feet finding solid holds on their own while his mind drifted.

Archon, for the first part of his life, despised the seemingly naive priests and priestesses of Silas who raised him. They were zealots and radicals in his eyes. Obsessed with the concept of obtaining knowledge and trying to spread it to others. Their obsession with knowledge was selfish in his eyes at the time, that they would do anything in their power to get information without considering the consequences. The ideal follower of Silas would seek to spread the knowledge gained, they believed in no secrets kept, but most failed to complete this sharing of knowledge. It was especially difficult in the settlement where he was raised due to the general lack of education or access to the tools to gain more knowledge. This was where Archons epiphany originated.

Originally out of boredom, but also after recognizing the injustice done to the lower class of the silver elves by depriving them of a proper education, Archon set out to balance the injustice. He began viewing Silas’ values in his own way, seeking to spread knowledge, and not keep it from the less fortunate. He saw the whole, “no secrets” thing as more of a suggestion than a rule. From then on, he began following his own loose philosophy based on the followings of Silas.

He had reached the balcony to which he was climbing now. With aching arms and bleeding fingers, he pulled himself up over the ledge and played out on the platform, catching his breath. After a few moments of staring up at the stars and steadying his breathing, Archon raised himself to a crouch and set to picking the lock on the door. With a satisfying click, the lock gave way below his long nimble fingers and he eased the door open. Now, in the light of the moonlight, the wonders of the library stood open to him, and him alone. He began grabbing books and placing them in his nearly empty satchel. He smirked to himself as he reached his carrying capacity.

Now for the exit strategy...

IMG_3699.jpg IMG_3700.jpg IMG_3701.jpg

Last edited:

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Yo. Nice drawings! And grand work with the application.

I'm afraid there's just one little error that I've got to stick on, though. Our server has a more elaborated definition of powergaming than what you've put there, though you're certainly on the right track. You can check our Roleplay Guide to see our server definition of the term!

I'll keep this as pending until you make that change!

Burnsy

Villager
Thank you! I just fixed my definition of powergaming, it seems I just got powergaming and overpowered characters mixed up, thanks for pointing that out!

Hope my new answer is more accurate!

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Terribly sorry for the late reply.

Everything checks out. Well done!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.