Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cadyryeith's application (Bel-alnaar) [Declined - ShaolinPunk]

Cadyryeith

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Cadyryeith

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guide?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming
?
Metagaming - knowing information in character which you found out out of character.
Powergaming - To maximise progression to something while excluding storytelling, atmosphere and camaraderie.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda

8. Tell us about yourself!
Battle re-enactor in England(Roman Britain to the 18th century), big gamer(mostly playing World of Warcraft, Dark Souls, Anno series and the like.), got two dogs, a cat and fish, my music is a wide range, anything from the 60s to now will do me. Tolkienist (a massive fan of Tolkien's works.) Games Development student but planning to study Archaeology at University. I have been roleplaying for a good 10 years now.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I have some writings but there on a different roleplay forum for Conan Exiles.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Found the server on "Minecraft roleplay server list" on Minecraft Multiplayer.

Character Name:
Bel-alnaar

Character Age
:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Bel-alnaar was walking back and forth on a large ship docked along the coastline, deep in thought as he pondered the next move of this crew. Many would ask what he was doing, why he was sailing from his home yet his reasons were simple, while still staying close to home, Bel-alnaar was seeking land to build himself a new home, a place where he can relax and enjoy himself.

He spoke with deep voice towards his crew;
“Today, we have found a perfect spot of land! We shall build a small dock for the ship and to bring supplies. Now prepare for landing on the beach!”

The crew of the White Swan rushed to lower the boats into the water with some of them in while Bel-alnaar stood upon the deck, watching over. The boats draw closer to the land and before one could know it, work was been done, clearing trees, tents been put up. As time went by, the land that was picked became more busy, a larger tent was put up for a scholar who joined them, he wanted to open a library within Bel-alnaar’s home, which permission was granted. He was no scholar himself but someone who took up the skills of war; mostly taught using a sword. He had planned to build a fortified manor, to found the Swan Guard, a group of Silver Elves trained in the arts of sailing and war.

The scholar approached Bel-alnaar and smiled before asking;

“Do you plan to build anything more other than your manor and the library? Purely out of curiosity, after all, you seem to have a vision of what you wish to do and ensure the safety of the waters close by it seems.”

Bel-alnaar looked to the scholar then gave his reply,
“Hmm...a dockyard, not a simple jetty would benefit this place more, maybe in time, more will be built. Ahh you know my vision well, scholar. The seas can never be tamed in truth, they are dangerous and who knows what lurks under the waters further from land….”

The scholar keeps smiling and chuckles a little,
“Oh, I suppose you’re right about that. I do wonder myself what lurks under the waters. Maybe something great and powerful? A creature which could sink a whole ship!”

Bel-alnaar laughed before patting the back of the sholar,
“Haha, yes. It is possible such a thing is there, one cannot doubt that. I do hope this library of yours will benefit us all and given your knowledge on creatures, it shall be a greater help. We will make the plans to get books brought in for you when the time is right.”

Shao

Bring back angry react
Hello and thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Unfortunately due to numerous errors I am going to have to decline your application, the specific reasons can be found below.
  • Your definition for powergaming is lacking, see [here] for help.
  • You are missing the written description of your characters appearance.
  • Your skin seems to have steel plate armour which is not acceptable for a new character to have and must be obtained from an in character smith or as an event reward, see [here].
  • Your skin also shows your character as having white hair and brown eyes, neither of which are found in Silver Elves, read [here].
  • The written test also suggests that your character is starting out with above novice skills in combat and sailing, which I can understand it may just be for the sake of the written test but just so you are aware all characters start with skills of a novice at best, advancing skills must be done in RP, see [here].
  • Finally there is also a lack of lore inclusion throughout the application.
I suggest you read up on the server lore, rules and roleplay guides then reapply in 3 days. Hopefully next time we can welcome you into our community, see you then!