Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Calling All Combat RPers!

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Okay, really I'm looking for people who may at one point or another find themselves embroiled in a national/political/organizational conflict. Commonly called war, but we're being a bit fast and loose with our definitions tonight. I have a favor to ask of you guys. I'm hoping that this will result in something that is not only used, but something that as many people as possible are satisfied with.

In one form or another, war rules have been on our plate for... well, a ridiculousy long time. Longer than I've been on staff at the very least. And it's a complicated issue. We need something that can be at least passably realistic, but not too unwieldy or convoluted, and it needs to be fair to both sides. It would be an attempt to solve (or at last alleviate) some problematic tendencies we've noticed when two organizations go to war. Or something like that.

My request is for volunteers. @Lannis has gotten a draft of potential rules and procedures , and I am hoping some of you guys will review it and offer suggestions. I'm looking for folks who would have a stake in this sort of thing in particular (@Kyle1322 and @The Courier, I'm looking your way hopefully), and have some semblance of activity. Ultimately, though, if you're interested, say something in this thread, and I'll figure out if you fit- I imagine almost all will be absolutely fine, unless there are too many volunteers, in which case, I'll have to start adjudicating, etc.

I really look forward to seeing what you guys can help this become, and what you guys have to say. I know that this is not quite the type of announcement you all were hoping for, but I'm hoping @Faelin will post something here in the next few days (no pressure, Cherry!).

If you're interested in this, just reply to this thread. In a few days, I'll start a convo with folks that want to help.

Tanks so much, guys!

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Okay, really I'm looking for people who may at one point or another find themselves embroiled in a national/political/organizational conflict. Commonly called war, but we're being a bit fast and loose with our definitions tonight. I have a favor to ask of you guys. I'm hoping that this will result in something that is not only used, but something that as many people as possible are satisfied with.

In one form or another, war rules have been on our plate for... well, a ridiculousy long time. Longer than I've been on staff at the very least. And it's a complicated issue. We need something that can be at least passably realistic, but not too unwieldy or convoluted, and it needs to be fair to both sides. It would be an attempt to solve (or at last alleviate) some problematic tendencies we've noticed when two organizations go to war. Or something like that.

My request is for volunteers. @Lannis has gotten a draft of potential rules and procedures , and I am hoping some of you guys will review it and offer suggestions. I'm looking for folks who would have a stake in this sort of thing in particular (@Kyle1322 and @The Courier, I'm looking your way hopefully), and have some semblance of activity. Ultimately, though, if you're interested, say something in this thread, and I'll figure out if you fit- I imagine almost all will be absolutely fine, unless there are too many volunteers, in which case, I'll have to start adjudicating, etc.

I really look forward to seeing what you guys can help this become, and what you guys have to say. I know that this is not quite the type of announcement you all were hoping for, but I'm hoping @Faelin will post something here in the next few days (no pressure, Cherry!).

If you're interested in this, just reply to this thread. In a few days, I'll start a convo with folks that want to help.

Tanks so much, guys!
I'm in.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
I'm not a big fan of IC violence, or wars in preticular. This is exactly why I want to be part of it too.

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
I'm entirely interested! :) Would love to help proofread and/or make graphics and/or offer suggestions!

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
*Quietly gestures at 1 year and 11 months of combat RP on small skirmish and large world-shaping war scales only counting Hollowworld*

can i help too?

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I always pictured doing something creating some sort of grid over Altera and having pre declared movements based on distance traveled.

and it would perhaps be a turn by turn deal here on the forums and when two cells on the grid become adjacent an event would be had in that location (perhaps with some staff help) and a skirmish would take place.

(Just an idea)