Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Cancelled] First Annual Grand Joust Of Avignon

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Note: that jousting is a dangerous sport and it will put your character at risk for injury, or even death!

“Hear ye, hear ye! The Marquis of Avignon invites the Knights and Nobility of the realm to his lands to joust in the first annual Grand Joust of Avignon! Prizes to be won, and honour to be given. Nobility of the realm is invited, from the Kingdom of Anhald all the way to the lands of the freezing North, come forth Knights and Lords of the realm and win glory and honour for your liege!”

Classification: Moderate
Where: The Tournament Grounds of Avignon.
Whom: Noblemen, Knights, and soldiers whom wish to show their might on the field of joust.
Hosts: House de Courtnay

When: March 5th, 2016.
Time:
2 PM EST
3 PM AST
12:00 MST
For you European folks, thats 8:00 PM in BST

Prizes:
First Place: 4000 Radiants and a figure of Ser Lancel on Horseback to symbolize the victory of the tournament, They will also receive the title of Grand Springrise Champion
Second Place: Longsword of Steel
Third Place: A sword belt of golden panels,made from the finest of leathers.

Overview:
Rough Overview: Hopefully the first of many, the joust in Avignon will open the doors to the many factions of the server to come forth and interact with each other. I hope to have as many Jousters as possible, and once it's 24 hours prior to the event, I will post the tournament names in order of appearance. After the Joust, a feast will be held in the Castle of Mountain’s End, where the top three will receive prize.
Concerning Jouster Invites: Please do not be encouraged by the use of Invites, the purpose is to make sure the big names of the realm know of the tournament. If you see your character as reasonable to be added to the Joust, please fill out the application below.
House Invites: House events invite the Houses and Families of the realm to come and view the tournament, as well as offer them a chance to name a champion(s) to Joust for their honour and glory.
Armour and Horses: I likely will not be able to provide horses for the jousts, so please handle this in advance of the tournament, as it is roll based, the stats of the horse does not matter. Your character also requires a set of armour, which will not be provided.

How the Event Will Run:
The Event will run in the following Order as stated below;
  1. Presenting the Riders, a ride together around the jousting field.
  2. A quick blessing from Father Henri
  3. The Jousts~
  4. Feast and the Giving of prizes.
Joust Rules: The Joust works with a system of rolling. Each Knight will tilt three rounds (Unless unavabile to go on, or in the case of a withdrawal.) The rolls work on a system of rolling, if you roll within 3 of each other, the round is a tie. The player who loses has the right to emote the result of his character being hit, please act within reason on this act, as it doesn't affect the points.

Example of a Round of Joust:
Ser Jon of London Holds the Reins of his horse, adjusting the helm upon his head as the shields of his colours are placed upon the rank.
Ser Smithie of Ottawa carefully moves the reins of his Black warhorse within his hands, peering over to the knight on the otherside.

Ser Jon rolls 15
Ser Smithie rolls 5
Players would decide the impart on Ser Smithie, however, the round would go to Ser Jon.
The right of Withdrawal works by calling it, and then the squire of the Knight putting a white banner over the shield infront of the Lord of the Grounds.
Example of Withdraw:
Ser Jon of London rolls a 20
Ser Smithie of Ottawa rolls a 1
Ser Smithie is Hurt, and calls for Withdrawal, his squire places the white banner over his shield, Ser Jon of London Wins the Round!

Jouster Invites:
Kasier Peter Hallon I (Cap )
Sir James Harrister Of The King's Guard (Mitch )
Sir Vaeril, the White Bull (Jstar )
Lady Fania Brus (Jasper151627237 )
Lord Godric Varyn (TheDeester )
Sir Sigurd The Witty (The Courier )

House Invites:
If I miss any and you'd like to attend as a House, please use the below format and I will read it other and get back to you;

House Name:
Court:-
Jousters:-

Anyother Champions or Jousters, please tag them on the thread and have them apply, I will add them to the list of Jousters.

Kingdom Of Anhald:
Kasier Peter Hallon I (Cap )
Lady Elaine (Smurf )
Court: -
Jousters: -
Anyother Champions or Jousters, please tag them on the thread and have them apply, I will add them to the list of Jousters.

House Aeyeras:
King Neoroy I Aeyeras-August (bodejodel )
Court:
Archduke Redocs Aeyeras-August (Redocs )
Archduke Thearan Aeyeras-Nolder (Kvothe )
Archduke Axex I. Aeyeras-Hawklight (Axex )
Archduke Bolvar Firestorm (DraconDarknight )
Archduke Kharn Sicarus (Warwolf )

Kingdom Of Blackrose:
King Ernhardt Blackrose (AdmiralAegir )
Court:
Lady Evaine Blackrose (AdmiralAegir )
Lady Athelyna Blackrose

House Name:
Lord Nwalme Fuvur (blargtheawesome )
Lady Nylarii Fuvur (Elz )
Court:
Jousters:-

House de Courtnay:
Marquis Francis de Courtnay
Lady Njorun de Courtnay
Court:
Lady Lucia de Courtnay (Landem )
Lady Arabella de Courtnay (Tomato150 )
Lord Henry Hotspur (Fishymatt )
Lady Favour Hotspur (uncrazygirl )
Lord Benjamin Hotspur (Fishymatt )
Lady Fania Brus (Jasper151627237 )
Lady Hayley Brus (Jasper151627237 )
Sir Brett Hammond (BoredBrit )

House Lonmar
Jarl Freya Lonmar (Faelin )

House Kane:
Lady Niah Kane (Niek Morenta )
Lord Alistar Kane (The Living Ghost )
Alison Kane (Elz )

Elven Council:
Lord Daeron Eldrin (Jstar )
The Grey (Estes241 )
Lady Vevila Draugus (Sizzix )

Kingdom Of Dunasten:
King Erik Stonefist

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Jousters:
1) Landeteritter Vlad - House Anhald Sir Andrew Wallins
2) Sir Orvar Sif Sigurd - House Sigurd (Aka Sif) The Courier
3) Lady Fania Brus - House de Courtnay Jasper151627237
4) Lord Henri Bayard - House Anhald (Archbishop)
5) Kris Linkolns - House Dunasten (SirLuamTehDoge )

6) Master Sangrian Cymic Seymour - N/A (IanAwesomePants )
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

JOUSTER APP:
Forum Name:
Character Name:
House Loyality:
Will you be providing a MC Banner?

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Jousters:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
Etc..

If you have been invited, please confirm with the application below so I know you're attending, if you wish to Joust and weren't invited, please fill it out and I will go over it;

Forum Name:
Character Name:
House Loyality:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
i skimmed the thread i cba to read

Forum Name: guess
Character Name: King Peter the First
House Loyality: Anhald (anhald isn't a house smh)

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
also for jousters add Sir Jason, Sir James, Lady Jacqueline, Man-At-Arms Alexander (maybe), Man-At-Arms Vladislaw (maybe)

am i doing it right

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Forum Name: TheDeester.
Character Name: Lord Godric Varyn.
House Loyality: Varyn.

Jeor and Marian are invited along with their respective spawn.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Forum Name: Mitch.
Character Name: Sir James Harrister.
House Loyalty: Anhald. As James's specifically, the minor vassal House of Harrister.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
also for jousters add Sir Jason, Sir James, Lady Jacqueline, Man-At-Arms Alexander (maybe), Man-At-Arms Vladislaw (maybe)

am i doing it right
But sempai!

Forum Name: ^^^
Character Name: Henri Bayard
House Loyalty: God

And Anhald