Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Cancelled] Something Somewhere Awakens

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
First week event.jpg
The Colony takes shape.
A week has passed and the free people of Altera have set up a somewhat shoddy base-camp.
Some trees have been felled to make place for a camp, which consists of one tent in which people sleep among the stored supplies.
Some poles are set up and supported, but it lacks a roof and thus does not provide any comfort or shelter.
However, with new people come new skills, and some individuals have managed to identify some flora and fauna in the area.
Someone dug out a deep trench, limiting the camp's space and providing places for rats to hide.
Someone else made water-catchers and another made the beginnings of a net.
The first week has progressed fairly quiet, with no bigger setbacks than a few rainy days.

Today, the colonists come together once more to get some real work done and perhaps even come up with a few more possible names for the camp.

OOC:
I'm glad to have seen several people RolePlay at the camp. Very glad to have roleplayed with some of you myself too!
Tonight, I'm hoping to host an event in which I DM the first part of the storyline for the colony, rather than roleplay.
I'm inviting the current citizens and any interested folk to come down to the colony to work, though make sure you have read the rules at [this thread]
I'll introduce this week's events while you do what you like; work, fish, cut trees, build something, search for herbs, plant a patch of plants.
I'll make this a weekly thing, progressing through the idea I have in mind with the Colony.

So if you can't make it, you are welcome to RP in the meantime and maybe make it next week!

Date:
11 Jan 2019
Time:
3pm EST / 21:00h GMT+1
Where:
Colony east of Astrakhan
How to get there:
Spawn stables to Mockingbay -> Mockingbay small boat in rich district to Astrakhan -> Astrakhan OOC boat or run east, following the river to the colony.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'll be DMing what happens to the camp from 21;00h GMT+1 onward. Should you be late, that's alright, you can jump right in.
Should only one person show up, then they get a personal DM, which is just as much fun to me as with a group :) Let's have fun, one and all!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
How long do you think this will take?
I'd say an hour. But I'll continue dming or join the RP till later
People come in for 15 minutes, solid RP starts around then, DMing to introduce the stuff and then it's up to the people RPing and how they react to see how long it takes.

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
I'd say an hour. But I'll continue dming or join the RP till later
People come in for 15 minutes, solid RP starts around then, DMing to introduce the stuff and then it's up to the people RPing and how they react to see how long it takes.
No problem, I just arranged to play l4d2 with some friends tonight but id like to fit this in too

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This be in 1 hour and 50 minutes from this post :) Just to prevent confusion!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
In the end nobody was able to make it / showed up, so I'll try and postpone the event to some random time when a small group of people are roleplaying at the colony.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'm sorry I couldnt make it. Currently fighting off a cold

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'm sorry I couldnt make it. Currently fighting off a cold
No worries! Good health to you!
It was on such a short notice, I didn't expect much, but I thought I'd give it a try!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Looks like I didn't make it, is anything going to happen tomorrow?
When I'm online and a group of a few others are online at the colony, this event is going to happen. So I'm really not sure when that is, ha. Maybe tonight?

Intal

Lord of Altera
IntalCraft64
IntalCraft64
I'd like to, but some relatives are coming over at 3PM, so that probably means I can't come. I'll see though.