Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cannot /home in Pockets

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Hey! I was in OOC chat and noticed two or three people asking why they weren't able to /home in their pockets anymore. Figured I'd drop a bug report here, in case it's not intentional. Only way out of pocket is /pocket return or spawn. But if you log out while in your pocket and log back in, /pocket return doesn't work. But the biggest issue people in OOC seem to note is the inability to /home.

ptiber Antilogy

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Hey! I was in OOC chat and noticed two or three people asking why they weren't able to /home in their pockets anymore. Figured I'd drop a bug report here, in case it's not intentional. Only way out of pocket is /pocket return or spawn. But if you log out while in your pocket and log back in, /pocket return doesn't work. But the biggest issue people in OOC seem to note is the inability to /home.

ptiber Antilogy
It has been like that for a long time.

I think it is because when you log off, the files of your last position or something are deleted.

I usually just use /spawn, then use /home, when I logged off in my pocket :D

Still gonna leave Ptiber or anti to answer however

ptiber Antilogy
AFAIK it's intentional, so people can't set a home in somebody else's pocket. Unless I'm misunderstanding?

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff

ptiber Antilogy
It is indeed intentional.
However, the /pocket return should always work, even when logging off in the meantime. It's a bug I'll have a look at.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
However, the /pocket return should always work, even when logging off in the meantime. It's a bug I'll have a look at.
what

me and rygan got told to buy a joint pocket for our region refund mats

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
On the pocket return thing, I've noticed it if it's the next day, after reset. If you immediately log out and back in, it works. But not if you log in the next day. Not a big deal, unless you'd been in a location without a home. I.E. helping a friend build or something and then you have to walk all the way back.

For the /home thing, that's fair. I could have swore that I used to leave my pocket with the /home command a while back, but I likely imagined that. xD

Teeke

Lord of Altera
On the pocket return thing, I've noticed it if it's the next day, after reset. If you immediately log out and back in, it works. But not if you log in the next day. Not a big deal, unless you'd been in a location without a home. I.E. helping a friend build or something and then you have to walk all the way back.

For the /home thing, that's fair. I could have swore that I used to leave my pocket with the /home command a while back, but I likely imagined that. xD
Formerly one was able to /home and /sethome from a pocket, this would allow players to /sethome inside of a pocket that wasn't their own - and could lead to issues.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Formerly one was able to /home and /sethome from a pocket, this would allow players to /sethome inside of a pocket that wasn't their own - and could lead to issues.
Yup. That's what Antilogy just said.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
we got told to buy a joint pocket
we pooled our money to buy a pocket

and now i can't /home into the shared pocket
You can request the wall between both your pockets be torn down, as long as both agree.

KatrinMair

Lord of Altera
I have nearly all "my" towns ressources in my pocket. And two of my friends set home there because it is easier to have it all in one spot.
It would be more than inconvenient if i would have to move all that stuff to the new world again.. not simply because of the huge ammounts of space it would take,
(70 doublechests of stonebricks for example are not easily moved and stored and currently stored in one of my friends pockets, where i set home.) it would also comsume a lot of time and i would not be able to access it everywhere.
This also would make building a lot more difficult.

I am just saying that i personally depended on that feature quite a lot.
I would have to be online for my friends to reach the town ressources and their building materials.
Maybe we can find a way to make this possible again. (Tearing down walls between pockets? or maybe miniports?)

I dont want to move everything.... but i will do it if there is no other way.

much loves
Kat~

Mryosi
AdmiralAegir