Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cap does Pixel Art

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Nice map! I do like the pixelated style, but I feel it takes a tad more time when compared to utilising vectors (it’s also less editable).

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Nice map! I do like the pixelated style, but I feel it takes a tad more time when compared to utilising vectors (it’s also less editable).
Pixels are what I know, so they're what I work with. Vectors are definitely easier and quicker, I just can't be assed to learn.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Pixels are what I know, so they're what I work with. Vectors are definitely easier and quicker, I just can't be assed to learn.
Yeah, certainly. My main tip when it comes to maps is simply keep adding detail. I get lazy almost all the time and it ends up effecting end quality, but make sure it’s as busy as possible while still being readable.

Also, with our current map, I’d recommend adding some fake rivers as they’re super sparse on this map.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Yeah, certainly. My main tip when it comes to maps is simply keep adding detail. I get lazy almost all the time and it ends up effecting end quality, but make sure it’s as busy as possible while still being readable.

Also, with our current map, I’d recommend adding some fake rivers as they’re super sparse on this map.
I'm waiting until I figure out the borders of the interior vassals before I add in non existent features, so that they don't get in the way of the real ones. Gimp is good with supporting layers so it's not hard to go back and change stuff like that.

Edit - Here's a map I made for a NationStates game I ended up not actually participating in. If we ever did HW NationStates again, I'd gladly make a map for it.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I'm waiting until I figure out the borders of the interior vassals before I add in non existent features, so that they don't get in the way of the real ones. Gimp is good with supporting layers so it's not hard to go back and change stuff like that.

Edit - Here's a map I made for a NationStates game I ended up not actually participating in. If we ever did HW NationStates again, I'd gladly make a map for it.

This map makes me happy.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

finished it

looks like a combination of the Pz4, Pz3, and several Italian vehicles in the end. did it on a different scale that i feel looks better. MRPolo13 i did the gun too big again

probably gonna redo all the tanks i've drawn in this style in the end

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

now to shade it (not fun) and do unit livery / markings (fun)

EDIT - replaced with shaded and marked version. by far the best one i've ever done

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

a couple of variants (40mm AA, tank hunter, early model)

probably done with this one and time to start a new one, but doing new gear sucks. i hate drawing the wheels

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I really like the Marder-style platform on the tank hunter. There was always something about the bullet shield that I liked.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I really like the Marder-style platform on the tank hunter. There was always something about the bullet shield that I liked.
Yea, these are shameless ripoffs of the Landsverk Anti II, the Marder series, and early Panzer IVs

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

very Bf109 with a sort of Ta152 nose. have to finish the tail and do the wiring and then it's done

EDIT - replaced with finished product

Last edited: