1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! Get Whitelisted Today and join us! Then check out our Starter Guide made just for you.
  3. Keep up-to-date on the Server Campaigns!
  4. Here's a guide to the Prestige plugin! Read it here.
  5. To purchase property at Storm's Landing, Please Click Here!
  6. Hey, Guest! Contribute to the Server to keep us Alive!

Active [Carpenter] Kublai Kull

Discussion in 'Character Profiles / Journals' started by Kajuit, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human

Name: Kublai Kull
    Nickname/Titles: Kub, Carpenter, Thief.
    Kublai in "short" (pun intended): He is often rude without noticing it. This is mainly caused by being pretty darn stupid in combination with being a Dwarf. He intends to be kind, but is often a bit rowdy when first meeting a stranger. He's trying hard to leave his lawless days behind him. Attempting to be a good citizen and kind friend. He likes a joke, hearing them as well as making them. He's very superstitious and believes in charms, wards, and myths. He's very serious when it comes to his trade; carpentry, and takes a lot of pride from his skill in woodcrafting. All in all a simple person.

Kublai 2 e.jpg
    "A charm and a ward at your door, keeps the evil from your... well, door."
    [I've always been inspired by Mongolian Armor when I was drawing Dwarven Armor. This character is based upon the Mongolian culture during the reign of Genghis Khan]​

Date of Birth: 2158, Year of Conflict, 24th of Mistset.
    Date of Death: X
    Homeland:
    Thraall
    Current Home: Burglarshire
    Race: Dwarf
    Sub-race: Frostpeak
    Height: 1,5 m (short, yet walks with a straight back)
    Weight: 70 Kg
    Hair: None on his head, his beard is a dirty brown. The middle of his head is bald, leaving long hair at the side of his head falling till over his shoulders. He has a large beard with braids and a big walrus-mustache.
    Eyes: Ice blue.
    Ears: very large ears, pierced with some piercings and with huge holes in the lower part, stretched out.
    Skin: Tanned from being outside a lot. Small runes are tattooed on his face at his temples. Quite often his face is covered in sawdust.
    Identifying Marks: Ice blue eyes, large holes in his ears, large beard with braids, his walrus-mustache, runes on his temples, bald. Coughs a lot from the sawdust in his workshop.
    Appearance: Kublai looks kind. When he's silent, he looks as though he is listening. He's very observant. He comes across as a jolly lad with a positive attitude towards life.
    Alignment: Chaotic Good.
    slave Kublai to Bjorven.jpg
    Strengths:
    • master-skill at carpentry.
    • A good ear and eye --> Learn quickly from observing
    • Is practiced at sketching --> Can draw designs and maps easily
    • Good at climbing and has stamina from working in the carpentry business
    • is an okay brawler / fighter with hands.
    • Has a fair deal of skill with an axe for chopping trees
    Weaknesses and fears:
    • Is not the most clever Dwarf (stoopid)
    • Is quick to take action, without thinking much.
    • Once gained his trust, he's blinded if you'd intent harm.
    • Easily drunk
    • Can't wield a sword properly
    • Has a short breath
    • Doesn't recognize swindles (poor at trade)
    Religion and cults: Jax and Korog.
    Intelligence: Quite low. Very low...
    Languages: Common and Horgaahn.
    Profession: Salesman, Carpenter.
    Hygiene: Typical to bad for a Dwarf. Always got some mud or dust stains.

possessions of special value:
    His tools, made by Thordil: Jasper151627237

Hand-planer:....................Speed Square:....................Nail Puller
    hand plane.jpg .... triangular framing square.jpg .... cat's paw.jpg

Framing Square:...............Wood Chisel:.....................Saw:
    framing square.jpg .... chisel.jpg .... saw.jpg

Utility Knife:.....................Framing Hammer:
    utility knife.jpg .... framing hammer.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    RELATIONS: (As Kublai would tell his most trusted friends if they asked for it) <so no meta!>
    Trusted:

Respected:
    Ciara Caedit "A kind woman, at the head of Queens Port. She showed me the way to Windor & Mutts Warehouse when I arrived and then made sure I stayed! By giving me a place to build a workshop so I could get back to carpentry again. I am very grateful and have a plan to return the favor..." BrianAT16

Befriended:
    Lemarc Duggan "A man that I first met when he joined the fishing contest. He came out third place I believe! He later on returned and we spoke a little about carpentry. He gave me the impression he was planning on staying in Queens Port. I hope the Countess will be as generous to him as she was to me!" Lemarc

Isaac Dunrad "This man dragged me from an underwater cave straight through ten feet of water up to the surface to safe my life. Even though I wasn't awake to notice this act, he's the closest thing to a friend I have right now." Joseph12Q

Tyr Eldsvart "He's a shipwright. Plus he's skilled at carpentry just like me. I hope to see him at work one day and perhaps collaborate. But for now we're just going on adventures to find out what's going on with those pillars." SirLuamTehDoge

Liked:
    Thordil Bárúmur "This Dwarf is a true craftsman and I respect him for that. Like myself, he takes his job very seriously. He sold me a brand new elaborate set of Carpentry tools!" Jasper151627237

Azariah Hal'Ralotumal "This Moor Elf bought a sword I had been gifted by Niko , a nobleman with who I played a game of dice. She told me she would potentially buy furniture or other things my carpentry could make, once I have a workshop set up."
    Ayda

Star "We sang a jolly seaman's chantey in the inn. Good times! Other than the song, she seemed a quiet kind of person."
    ToastySpam

Anton "We sang a jolly seaman's chantey in the inn. Good times! Don't know much about him except this. "
    Old-Seadog

Dwarves, Halflings

Neutral:
    Humans, Elf.

Unsure of:
    Moriarty Windsor "
    A Halfling that offered me a job in his warehouse. He owns a shipping company in Queens Port. He seems alright, but he comes across as though he has many secrets. Besides, I only recently noticed that the flags hanging at the entrance of his warehouse are similar to those that hung at the gathering of "The Dogs". " BoredBrit

Nakam, Caparii.

Wary of:
    Greyling, Earthspawn,

Afraid of:

Disliked:

Hated:

Most recent events:
    Kublai went to see a fortune teller (Kamaoe ) who told him this:
    "The fool tells me you have made a bad decision recently. Something along the lines of hesitation or indecision. The spirits say that the wrong decision will lead you down a long and lonely road, full of broken friendships and canceled plans. To avoid this all from happening, you will have to walk a hard road. But at the end of it is prosperity, not only material, but spiritual as well. Look to the church and pantheon, and they will protect your best interests."
    Kublai now wonders... "What decision was wrong? Starting a workshop again? Moving in at Burglarshire? Or joining that Debonair's Club?" And he prays to Korog now, for guidance and mercy.
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017 at 10:09 PM
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    BACKSTORY: As told by Kublai to a trusted friend:

"I once called myself an honorable Dwarf. Serving in the ranks of General Thrain Frostpeak. Yet, all changed when the corruption came to the doorstep of the nearby village. The king, at that time Krummi, ordered for all the Dwarves to barricade the fortress of Tahkul-Rimtar. He ordered the General to stand guard by his side every day. Our king cowered away in the furthest corner of the fortress, far away from the enemy. I stood atop the tower of the old ruin above our mighty halls, when I saw the enemy approaching the village. I was able to persuade some of the other soldiers to abandon their posts within the fortress and rush out to help the nearby village...

We came just in time. The villagers had already placed barricades in the streets and seemed as afraid as our king. They wouldn't let us in, afraid that the enemy would follow through the breach. They didn't pay heed of the slow and weak villagers who weren't in time to be on the right side of the barricade... These days of danger and fear have brought something up in me. I've seen the so called "men and women of honor". Those who claim they are "good". I saw them locking out innocent poor citizens, preventing them to enter the barricaded square. I can hear the citizens beg for their lives, pleading, calling out at the guards to be let in, trying to persuade them. Those guards of "honor", putting their backs against the locked door to stop the citizens from coming in, drenched in the stench of fear-sweat. I can still hear the very man in charge of the barricaded square say how he wouldn't accept any more people into the defenses, no matter how bad their situation was. I heard him say this while I also heard the enemy reaching the outside of the village, plundering the houses. I thought myself to be a Dwarf of honor as well... But seeing the people who call themselves honorable acting like this, made me think twice. What's the use anyway, to be a man of honor and of "fair" living, when you dare believe you get to decide over another man's fate? Right there and then, at the outside of the barricade, I lost all respect for "the good". I lost my trust in ranks, be them above me or below me...

Yes, I am still polite to anyone I meet that does the same onto me. I treat people with respect, like I always did. But in the night, I go out onto the streets and remember what it was like, when the day was as dark as this. I look for the stains in the cobbled road that just won't go away. My mind flashes back and I find the positive things that this horror has brought me. It has cleared my mind like it has never been before. It has opened my eyes, so that I could truly /see/. The screams of the locked out villagers still echo in my mind, while my fellow Dwarves and I ran for the safety of our fortress...

After the village was plundered and looted, the enemy went to search our fortress beneath the ruin. They soon realized they were in too little numbers to overtake the mighty Dwarven kingdom of Tahkul-Rimtar, and left. My general dismissed me from his ranks, my king banished me to Aeroch Nor. "You're not a real Frostpeak, nor a citizen of Tahkul-Rimtar, if you abandon your own kin in such a hastily decided move!" He spoke onto me and my brothers in arms who had joined me to the village.

So... Now I am here, in the Northern Kingdoms. I go out into the night and take from the nobles, who I now refer to as "Frauds of Honor". Then I sell it back to other nobles. They don't even have a clue. I've stolen weapons from soldiers while they slept, only to sell them back to them the next day! Arrows, beer, food, clothing, you name it, I've got it. Dare to judge me for it and I'll judge you just the same. You, fraud of honor, who left the weak to fend for themselves while you sat safe behind the barricade. I shame myself for it, but the nobles of Tahkul-Rimtar seem to be proud of it. They brag how they "defeated" the enemy. I spit on you, you foul your family's name for eternity! Brag about it, while those who died in the nearby village should be the one to be honored, not those who lived it out! Dare not say their names in less respect than your own...

Yes, the month of Rebirth. I have changed my ways, shedding my old skin of an honorable man like a snake, becoming who I really am inside. The enemy's sudden attack was a blessing in that way, more than a curse. My eyes have opened to both sides of every coin. The dark side of each white knight, the light side of each black demon. Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I best make it a good one!"

After this, Kublai tried his hand at burglary. Entering houses in the night, taking valuables. His climax was when he met up with "The Dogs", a guild of thieves. They were handing out money to anyone who came. There at that point, The Dogs were attacked and some of them killed, their head quarters set on fire. Kublai feared the same fate would come for him if he'd continue his lawless ways and has since then tried to stay on the lawful path.

Kublai was accepted into the town "Queen's Port" and started a carpentry workshop there. He's had a few commissions and his workshop is growing both in popularity and in size. Already he's forced to keep some of his tools on the workbench, for a lack of space in the cupboard. Some of his larger tools, like a steaming-pot, he had to put outside for a lack of space inside.

Because of the exodus, Kublai had to leave most of his larger equipment behind, only being able to bring his small tools in a large sack. When they landed on the new shores, Kublai found himself unemployed and homeless for a while. It was in this fragile state that he was taken away by a bunch of Norvagen and enslaved to work at their camp. He remained there for two years before finding a way to escape and ending up in Storm's Landing.

He has been stuck in Storm's Landing's Inn ever since. Sleeping there for little rent. He gets by through cheating and gambling. He would love to get back to carpentry once more, but hasn't had the chance nor money to get started, after he lost his tools in slavery. But then a rare opportunity arose, and he made his home in Burglarshire. There he started a workshop and made new friends with whom he went on adventures. He has also joined the Debonair's Club in this time, but all these decisions are affected by what happened next: The advice from a fortune teller (Kamaoe ), who warned him one of his decisions would lead him down a long, hard and lonely path, with only the Gods to protect him from harm... Now he has to find out which choice it was and pray to Korog for further guidance.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    Kublai's drawing board:
    Turning Lathe.JPG

Design of the Turning-Lathe of his workshop.
    Turning Lathe.JPG
    Note on what he saw in HR at the Dry-docks.
    DSC_0107.JPG
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    Kublai's Whereabouts:
    These are the most important places to Kublai at the moment.

OUTDATED

You can find him...
    Kublai07.jpg
    ...All around his workshop in Burglarshire

Kublai08.jpg
    ... In his attic and bed-room at night

Kublai01.jpg
    ... At his workbench, with his tools and parts all around him.

Kublai02.jpg
    ... Standing in front of (one of) his tool cupboard(s), selecting the required tool.

Kublai03.jpg
    ... In his <ahem> reception hall. Littered with dust from the workshop above, it's
    not quite the nicest place to talk about commissions.

Kublai05.jpg
    ... At his steaming pot, bending wood into shape, right across the smithy.

Kublai06.jpg
    ... Making rope at the device

Kublai04.jpg
    ... At the crane, pulling up logs to the top floor, and processing the wood until it reaches all the way down, where he sells the finished product.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    A Carpenter's Notebook:
    (Only IC knowledge if you find the book and read it)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    *Lost his notebook when going to the new world*
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  7. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    Kublai's Adventures:
    Kublai adventure with Isaac.jpg
    The saving of a life.
    "It was the first adventure I went on after I got my life back together. After years of slavery, followed by homelessness and having no job, I finally got myself a workshop in a small town called Burglarshire. Feeling confident, I went with two strangers called Isaac and Tyr to find a secret entrance that was somehow linked to the pillars in the square in front of my house. I was out of luck, as the entrance was underneath the water, leading to an underwater cave. I'm a Dwarf with a short breath! I was lucky to make it into that first cave, and already I was struggling to stay afloat! Yet, we had to go deeper. As the other two dived down, I felt I should follow, and thus I did. I went with them through an underwater tunnel all the way to another cave. As we surfaced, I coughed and gasped for air. I tried to get a grip of myself again, but the air in the cave was too damp and thin. Before long, I passed out. It was Isaac who tied myself to his shoulders with both our belts and swam me all the way back up to the surface. I owe him my life!"
    - Joseph12Q and SirLuamTehDoge

The meeting of McKenna.jpg
    The meeting of McKenna
    "I walked out to have a fresh evening walk before going to bed. That always helps me fall asleep. But not this time. This time, Isaac stood there, staring at one of the pillars again. He was fanatic and told me to flick the lever once after thirty seconds, then once again after three minutes. He ran off before I could even reply! So I sat down next to that pillar, yawned a few times, and flicked that lever. I remember thinking: At least I don't have to go with him through some water tunnels or whatever that lies beyond those secret passages. It was at this very moment that I met a young girl. A kid in my eyes. She was dirty, wore ragged clothes, and after asking her why she was out here in the night all alone, she answered me with one word: exploring."
    - Joseph12Q and Lirakitty (mckenna is barely visible in the dark, but she's there)

Kublai selling fish.jpg
    The sale of fish
    "After a day's work of fishing from a boat off shore from Storm's Landing, I returned to the harbor with a bag full of fish. I hadn't the slightest clue what they were worth, nor what kind of fish I caught, but that did not stop me from trying to sell the bunch! So I stepped into the local tavern together with Tyr and I started bartering. Alas, I was unable to sell any fish, but it seems Tyr had fun..."
    - SirLuamTehDoge

Kublai vs Arbori smaller.png
    The Killing of Beasts
    "There was talk of people gone missing, and a high reward for those who went to find out about this mystery. Such an easy way of making money, I couldn't leave that for someone else! So I took the job and went on a boat to some remote northern shore to find out more about these missing people. After a very cold day and night, we ended up in an icy cave. Where we had to fight against terrible tree-creatures! I barely made it out alive. At first I was scared, but my Dwarven pride pushed me to attack this creature. Luckily, we managed to slay both of them and lived to tell the tale!"
    Solus Snerus
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017 at 6:55 PM
    • Player Love Player Love x 2
  8. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    update on Kublai's notebook
  9. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    Kublai done got himself enslaved
  10. Raykaystar

Raykaystar Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Sycamore
    Alt Name:
    Wynnter, Spark, Renee, Beatrice, and Daisy
    Race:
    Caparii
    In-game Town/City:
    Arethtrae
    Now how did he do that?
  11. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    The colony near the savage island gone inactive.
    Thought of an IC reason: Raiders came by.
    Kublai got snatched
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    Kublai's back! I figured he managed to escape his enslavement in the north, since it is no longer active there. Also updated the bio
  13. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    The fortune teller just twisted Kublai's RP around :D What a way to refresh one's RP!
  14. Blorbis83

Blorbis83 It took a lot to get here

Character Name:
    Theodosius Hostilius Herennius
    Alt Name:
    Tabakov Goraya
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Astrakhan
    House:
    Herenii
    I noticed your character is Mongolian themed.

One of my other characters might be interested in him joining the Horde.
    • Player Love Player Love x 1
  15. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    Aye, I get a lot of inspiration from Mongolian culture to RP as a Dwarf. Would love to RP with your char!
  16. Joseph12Q

Joseph12Q It took a lot to get here

Character Name:
    Angelo Eberhall
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Queen's Port
    House:
    Eberhall
    Tfw you save a life and dont get a relation
  17. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    :O ON IT!
  18. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    Update:
    Added a new section to the profile with drawings and short descriptions of adventures that Kublai has gone through :)
    I'll try and update the entire profile into a better readable format soon!
  19. Kajuit

Kajuit The Artisan

Character Name:
    The Fool
    Alt Name:
    The Packman
    Race:
    Human
    A new roleplay has been added :)
  20. Lirakitty

Lirakitty It took a lot to get here

Character Name:
    Jessica
    Alt Name:
    McKenna
    Race:
    Human
    House:
    None
    This is beautiful, thank you so much, I really needed the smile!
    • Like Like x 1