Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Catena's Art Bank

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
wip - face is loosely based off of [this] but it doesn't really look like her oops
You got the nose literally dead on it's scary how accurate it is

One thing I've noticed with most of your pieces (not sure if it is the look of it, it looks amazing either way c:) is that the lips are a lot less wide than typical anatomical lips giving them a 'pinched' look. Wether it is intentional or not, it works very well w/ your style and i luv th art :heart:

Catena

Lord of Altera
Hero
Catena
Catena
Hero
You got the nose literally dead on it's scary how accurate it is

One thing I've noticed with most of your pieces (not sure if it is the look of it, it looks amazing either way c:) is that the lips are a lot less wide than typical anatomical lips giving them a 'pinched' look. Wether it is intentional or not, it works very well w/ your style and i luv th art :heart:
i've honestly never noticed that before, but i'm glad at least that it's not a bad thing ^-^ also thank you!! :heart:

Catena

Lord of Altera
Hero
Catena
Catena
Hero
a million different references and friends giving me critique later comes my first successful-ish attempt at drawing without greyscale in the back. i was playing around with a lot of things. eyes, nose, coloring, shading. i'm always looking for more critique so give it to me!!

as a little side note: if anything i draw (that isn't a commission) looks like one of your characters/a character you plan to make, just let me know & you can use it.

edit2(??) : i done did smurf and charybdis's fixes

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
a million different references and friends giving me critique later comes my first successful-ish attempt at drawing without greyscale in the back. i was playing around with a lot of things. eyes, nose, coloring, shading. i'm always looking for more critique so give it to me!!

as a little side note: if anything i draw (that isn't a commission) looks like one of your characters/a character you plan to make, just let me know & you can use it.
the whites of the eye have a bit more of a reddish-greyish tint than you may realize. im not wearing my glasses as well so i cant tell but i think you didn't draw the tearduct/waterline much in them? those can help a lot for depth. looking REALLY GOOD though holy frick

Catena

Lord of Altera
Hero
Catena
Catena
Hero
the whites of the eye have a bit more of a reddish-greyish tint than you may realize. im not wearing my glasses as well so i cant tell but i think you didn't draw the tearduct/waterline much in them? those can help a lot for depth. looking REALLY GOOD though holy frick
yus, you were right. i added tear ducts and fixed the redness i think(?)