Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ced

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Ced - After It All.jpg
֍ Magic Profile ֎
Name(s):
+ Cedar - a humanisation of the Elven 'Caedr' (KAY-der).
+ J'sera - Verba slang, given to him by a resident of Kavdam in Ced's young adult years.
+ Ibek - more Verba slang.
Nickname/Alias: Ced.
Full Titles: Many dusty old decrees and grants by various heads of state. Nothing recent.

Social Status: He looks like a vagrant, but occasionally carries himself like a noble.
Height: Slightly shorter than most men and taller than most women.
Weight: Very light, now.

Date of Birth: Unknown; the calendar is different where he grew up.
Date of Death: Some time during his stay with Lord Draiden, in his younger years.
Homeland: Far into the wilds of the eastern frontier in the Old World, in a bustling market city called Aurefold.
Current Home: Storm's Landing Ranger Hall.

What he looks like:
Build: Fit. Slim. Keeps an active lifestyle. Diet consists mostly of seafood and game. His right leg is missing.
Hair: Thick, dark brown with the odd grey hair and falls just past his chin. He often ties it up in a various buns or a ponytail to reduce the risk of it catching on something important. Stubble shades his jaw, growing fairly scraggly before he gets around to shaving it.

Eyes: Blue. The right one is discoloured, the iris twisted to a pale grey.
Skin: A lattice of scar tissue runs across his entire body, forming a large formation of pale silver lines across his skin like patchwork, as if he has been torn apart and stitched back together. The skin that isn't tissue is lightly tanned.
Identifying Features: His spiderweb scars. His grey eye
. His ears are scarred around the edges, where they look a little like half-melted wax. An exceptionally carved cedar prosthetic limb, carved with articulated joints and silver, lightning-like joint seams has replaced his right leg.
Appearance: Clothes are well made but ragged. Comes across as being a little worse for wear. Sometimes he is straight-backed, other times he is withdrawn and crooked.
Hygiene: Usually spotless, unless he's been travelling.
Voice: Soft and well-spoken.

Clothing:
+ Warfare
- A hooded gambeson is the only protection Ced wears in battle. Crafted from master-worked mirrorwood, it reflects pale silver in the light. The sea-scales of a Red-Finned Ferocity provide an iridescent blue-green mantle. The effect is a shimmering, reflective longcoat that offers the same durability and protection as plate mail.
+ Everyday - Heavy brown linen coat (hooded) over a blue tunic, which has gold embroidery on the belt, collar and cuff. Soft soled leather shoes. A black shoulder cloak when travelling. Similar to his Ranger garb, the differences are the colours and use of more comfortable, less practical textiles.
+ Cold Climates - A hooded wool and wolfskin poncho rests on his shoulders over thick winter linens. The shades are blues, greys and whites. Sturdy brown waxed boots keep his feet warm and dry, and a simple triskelion pendant hangs from his neck.
+
Ranger Garb - Brown linen trousers and a faded grey shirt. Soft-soled leather boots, and wrist-length fingerless gloves. Over the shirt he wears a red jerkin, sleeveless and high-necked. Over that, he sometimes wears an old and battered Ranger cloak (like a long hooded coat with inside pockets).
+ Special Occasions - Blood red velvet and suede suit; corded trousers, a waistcoat and jacket over an off-white shirt. Maroon leather shoes.

Weaponry:
+ Bone Hunting Knife
- Homemade. Used for killing/skinning/gutting/butchering animals. On his person always in a calf sheath.
+ General's Blade - An ancient Arduin longsword, forged for the Game of Crowns. Seems to work best on undead.
+ Khopesh - A curved skirmish blade made from dark steel. Dwarven production - but otherwise unmarked. Exceptionally smithed by Jaret Ironbrow.
+ Entropy - A twisted, sinuous warbow. The draw weight is 190lbs, but projectiles loosed from it have an impact weight of 285lbs.
+ Focus - 6ft long ebony staff with a pointed steel sleeve at one end, in which is embedded a polished oval jade stone. Tiny arcs of lightning seem to flicker across the stone's surface. The floor-end of the haft tapers into a counterweight.

Important Possessions:
+ His trinkets - they remind him of his old life, and his purpose.

Keys Owned:
+
The ward key of Wintermourne; a small emerald object.
+ A small key to a metal hatch given by Edward.
+ The key to his old home in the Compendium.

Intelligence: Ced is only ever as smart as the person who's playing him, so it usually depends on how much sleep I've had.
Profession: Unemployed and living off the collected wealth of an old dead noble house.
Personality: Scrambled

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
☉ REMEMBERED ☉
⤜Akela Tjali→
⤜Abel Thorne→
⤜Dayter Arretez→
⤜Axex Hawklight
⤜Daeron Eldrin→
⤜Cloud→

RELATIONS
➛Somnastra: It's good to see her smiling again, memories or no. I'm grateful that she's welcomed me back, and I will do my best to honor that welcome.
➛Kharn: It seems the only way we can communicate is on the battlefield... some things never change.
➛Lysander: Has twice the wisdom I had at his age. I hope the path he's on brings him joy. My instinct tells me we will have work to do together, one day.
➛Cieren: She reminds me of Akela, a thousand years ago. We were all so much younger back then... Good energy.
➛Frost: Intrigued by her idiosyncrasies. Excited by what we might achieve together.
➛Laicelem: Reminds me of my younger self. I hope he does well.
➛Jaden: Grateful for his generosity, and always happy to have him by my side in a fight. He gave me the chance to realize my purpose, and for that I owe him a great debt.

➛Harlow: Abel's daughter. She reminds me of the complicated relationship I had with him. I'll do right, this time.
➛Lana: Her appreciation for history is flattering. A pleasant person to be around, and one that I will have reason to ally with , I am sure.
➛Sayuire: Reckless, but brave. Good traits for a Ranger fledgling to have... let's hope she continues to prove herself.
➛Jacob: Wasn't all that sure about him... till he charged a Demon General head-on. From now on, I will endeavor to have his back, no matter the foe.
➛Rose: Thought I'd hate being around nobility after the Leminth years, but it feels natural to be by her side. I believe she is made for greatness.
➛Vowrawn: A zealous fighter, and a reliable shieldmate. I hope to see him in the battles to come, so that I may depend on his strength again.

SKILLS
Alchemy: Master
+ Decent herb-lore: upbringing with Forest Elves, time spent in the wild, and the Rangers.
+ Ores and minerals: rudimentary knowledge; a few sparse studies here and there.
+ Potions: extensive in-depth experiments on himself and others.
Anatomy: Journeyman
+ A year or so spent as a spare hand in the Silver Serpent Hospital.
+ Experience with potions designed to heal/revitalize/stimulate quickened healing.
+ Numerous studies on cadavers in various states of decomposition.
Archery: Master
+ Taught how to hold a bow by his mother.
+ Taught how to hunt with a bow by himself.
+ Taught how to kill with a bow by Nylas Swifteye.
+ Regular use of projectile weaponry for most of his life.
Eviscism: Beginner
+ Taught by Lord Draiden, Godric Varyn Jason of Breakwater, and Brennard Westmay.
+ Current tutor: Jaden Seeker.
+ Daily practice.
Explosives: Adept
+ Moderate knowledge of gunpowder and its uses in demolition and siege/explosive weaponry.
+ Extensive practical knowledge of gunpowder's usage in fireworks.
Languages:
+ Elven - Fluent. The language he grew up speaking.
+ Common - Fluent. The language of trade and humans, Ced picked it up quickly at a young age.
+ Fae - Proficient. The Caparii tongue has many similarities to the Forest Elf dialect (think Spanish to Italian). Ced grew up hearing it. It's obvious that he's not a native speaker.
+ Verba - Proficient. Taught by a Nakat friend in the Rangers, he learnt the basics before their lessons ended.
+ Mok'yra - Conversational. What taught for a while by a grumpy, foulmouthed Moor.
Staves and Polearms: Adept

+ Self-taught, extensive training.
+ Sparring with others for the past few months.
Swordplay: Expert

+ Used to blades as utility, more than combat.
+ Combat techniques of knife and short sword learnt in the Rangers.
+ Experience wielding longsword against armies of Grief.
Survival: Adept
+ Self-taught the basics.
+ Sharpened skill during his time as a Ranger.
+ Centuries of practical experience.
+ Includes butchery, bush craft, fishing n' hunting, hiking, and climbing.

Last edited:

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Bump because amazingness.

I love your writing, so mayhaps the ''His story (coming soon)'' will be here.. Eh? Eh? *nudges Ced onwards to write*

Forget everything else, you muuuust write *throws all the papers in the air and walks out of the room*

But yeah, in all seriousness. Ced is one of my favourite characters here...

-K9

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
lovely lovely things
-K9
;_;
Thank you K9!
I don't know what to say-

I'm writing his story snippet by snippet, but at the moment Alec's chapters are taking up my typing time. I'll make sure to release something by Ced soon. I just want it to be good is all :p

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
;_;
Thank you K9!
I don't know what to say-

I'm writing his story snippet by snippet, but at the moment Alec's chapters are taking up my typing time. I'll make sure to release something by Ced soon. I just want it to be good is all :p
Don't rush it, I enjoy reading it no matter how long you need to get it how you want it.

But yeah, keep it up... please

-K9

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Updated with relatiooooooons~

If I've forgotten you please tell me! :D

Last edited:

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE ELROHIR WAS MENTIONED OH OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR ARCEUS THIS JUST GOT SO MUCH BETTER.

-K9