Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Cedric Lydel - Cartographer

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Cedric Lydel Shipwright of lydel
Name:
Cedric Morgonorick Ferris Fellowchap Lydel
Full Titles:
-Shipwright of Jax's Luck
- chamberlain of coin
- speaker of the House of Lords
- master cartographer of the north
- quartermaster of the fleet
- slayer of vorar
Nickname/Alias:

[Picture]:

Cedric Lydel.png

Clothing:

KEY INFORMATION:
Race: Halfling
Social Status: Noble (House Lydel named a noble house of Sterling)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Height: 3 foot even
Weight: 51 pounds
Date of Birth: Mid fall
Homeland: Lydel
Current Home: The Quays, Hinick

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build: Skinny, Regardless of insatiable appetite
Hair: blonde/brown
Eyes: Green
Skin: White
Identifying Marks:
Small scar on back of head from bashing it During the voyage with jax's luck
Off colored skin on hand from when he slammed his fist wail it was full of rings.
Prized Possessions:
- "Fortune's favor" Basket hilt Rapiere (Given to Alexander Wise, Ddaug02 )
- Dried Pufferfish given to him during his delve into the Serene retreat
@Anithola
- Map of Grennia Island
- Andels rings Ddaug02

Hygiene: Clean.
Voice: Highpitch, Silly

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths: Halfling nimbleness, Quick and Light
Fears: Sharks, Tsunami
Weaknesses: Is a halfling
Intelligence: Very. He is smart, but not very wise
Languages: Common, marjash
Profession: Quartermaster

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality: Silly, Sleepy, Hungry, Loving
Religion or Cults: Devout of Jax. Praises him for all fortune, be it luck or coin.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Short Term Goals:
- Learn to sail
- Build the Habin's Hand
- Establish a foothold of constant trade in the NK
Long Term Goals:
- Establish a business as a shipwright/carpenter
- Restore His older brother in the eyes of the lydel family, and in his own eyes.
- Find a new home for the halflings of Lydel
- Explore Altera and beyond, Become a famous Cartographer, Scribe, adventurer.
TRIVIA:
Favorite...
Place: In a bed, With food, on the sea
Food: all, Namely rabbit
Drink: Tea; Aunt Gelnda's Old recipe. "Halfling green"
Colour: Green
Animal: Dog, Specifically his Bassit hound. "Toby"

Least Favourite...
Place: Landlocked
Food: Pasta
Drink: Vodka
Colour: Black
Animal: Anything bigger than him. Sharks

ABILITIES
- Experienced Cartographer
- Novice Carpenter
- Training Shipwright

BACKSTORY:
His father was Habin Lydel, the founder of Lydel. Habin died sometime around Cedric was 5, and then Cedric would have been raised by Habins younger brother, Honch Lydel who also is a carpenter and ship builder
ART:

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
PERSON - THOUGHTS - IGN
Honch Lydel (Uncle): (Loves) I was too young to know my father Habin... Honch took me in and raised me in Lydel. He gave me carpenting. I dont plan on wasting that.
(@Ddaug02 )

Captain Alexander: (Trusts) He was close to Ol' Honchy. Commissioned him to build the Jax's Luck... Hopefully this is the opertunity I need to make a name for myself.
(@Ddaug02 )

Dali: (Trusts) Maybe Im a fool. But this guy seems alright. He had my back so Ill be sure to have his from now on.
(@K9 )

King Peter: (Liked) Plans to grant land to the halflings of Lydel, for the small price of food. A man befit for the Silver crown If one ever existed.
Cap

Andel Lydel: (Loved) My brother. He taught me how to care about something. How to face my passion and not be afraid. I wouldn't be anything without him, and I won't let him die forgotten at the end of a blade. I hope your proud of the place house lydel is now. I miss you everyday.Ddaug02

Sankera: (Best friend) The closest I've had to a best friend since I was a child. Sankera has been the vessel through which Jax deliverd my opertuinties. Though the radiants I gave him may have put me into an impoverished life… The price of friendship was nothing.

San has been nothing but kind to me. He is a worthy name for the title of baron and more. I owe him much and will continue to do what I can for him. I hope he kicks that baby eating habit.
Sankera

Sarai: (Admired) We've met only a handful of times, But I can't help but feel a connection. She is very sweet but at the same time she has a pointed wit. I… wonder if she thinks of me… Sarai Knotwise

Moriarty: (Untrusted) Something isn't right about him. And I'm pretty sure he nicked some stuff from the hand before our expedition. BoredBrit

Flint: (friend) A bit of a card, Crass to say the least. He has that westerner air to him. He only comes around when I've a job available but I sapose I can't complain about that. I'd like to get to know him better. SpartanDory

Nikolan: (Close Friend) Niko is an honorable man, But a bit of a hot head. He has moments where he seems to stare off into space. I hope he is the right man for the job of leading tambry's guard. I need to get to know him better.

Niko
Nikolaos

Aewin: (Distrusted) Where dose a man get off threatening a crew of explorers. He scared my crew, Chased my ship, and stole my hat.

I ott to put a bounty on him unless he returns it… Lannis

Tom: (Liked) Steers Cap

Nyrill: (Befriended) She is cunning, and humble. Though she was captain when the hand Ran aground I can't help but feel it would have been worse off without her. Elz

Nwalme: (Liked) Nwalme is a good man, he risked a lot to get the hand out of the sandstorm. He also saved my life I fully intend to pay that debt back to the furvurs. blargtheawesome

"Max appleby" and apprentice: (Liked) Seemed like a real nice guy. A bit nervous but thats what happens when you deal with a celebrity like me. Cant blame the poor fellow. Not to mention his family's cargo keeps getting stolen, no wonder he wanted to haggle me to such a low price. Hope he can get that apprentice of his to shape up and crack a smile.

Humans. take everything so seriously.
Landem
Fishymatt

Vorar: (liked) what a riot. after his chrushing defeat he tossed me over a wall nearly did me in but underestimated my glorious unwavering resilience. He asked for a rematch in the next 60 years I suspect he wished to regain his honor with me at the weekend. Can't say I blame him, I'm sometimes scared of my own power.
Baron

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
GOALS - STATUS - THOUGHTS
  • Woodworker Training - Seeking teacher - No teacher, But with Honch's Training I can figure it out on my own over time
  • Find brother
  • Find home for Leydel halflings - Aurum Orchard is open to all Haflings and protected by house Abermore
  • Cartography and Exploration writing - Mastered- I doubt there is another mortal live who as worked as hard as I have at Cartography.
  • Learn Tattooing - Seeking Teacher - Passive interest

Last edited:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
EQUIPMENT - POSITION
  • "Fortune's favor" Basket hilt Rapier - Hip belt right side
  • Caulker's tools and pitch - Often on hip or over shoulder
  • A small coin purse gifted by the King of anhald Cap - On belt
  • Andel's Rings. On fingers.

Last edited:

SpartanDory

Lord of Altera
PERSON - THOUGHTS - IGN
Honch Lydel (Uncle): (Loves) I was too young to know my father Habin... Honch took me in and raised me in Lydel. He gave me carpenting. I dont plan on wasting that.
(@Ddaug02 )
Captain Alexander: (Trusts) He was close to Ol' Honchy. Commissioned him to build the Jax's Luck... Hopefully this is the opertunity I need to make a name for myself.
(@Ddaug02 )

Dali: (Trusts) Maybe Im a fool. But this guy seems alright. He had my back so Ill be sure to have his from now on.
(@K9 )
why no flint relation? we boated together! does that mean nothing to you!!

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
PERSON - THOUGHTS - IGN
(@Ddaug02 )

(@Ddaug02 )

(@K9 )

King Peter: (Liked) Plans to grant land to the halflings of Lydel, for the small price of food. A man befit for the Silver crown If one ever existed.
Cap

Andel Lydel: (Loved) My brother. He taught me how to care about something. How to face my passion and not be afraid. I wouldn't be anything without him, and I won't let him die forgotten at the end of a blade. Ddaug02

Sankera: (Best friend) The closest I've had to a best friend since I was a child. Sankera has been the vessel through which Jax deliverd my opertuinties. Though the radiants I gave him may have put me into an impoverished life… The price of friendship was nothing.

San has been nothing but kind to me. He is a worthy name for the title of baron and more. I owe him much and will continue to do what I can for him. I hope he kicks that baby eating habit.
Sankera

Sarai: (Aquantince) We've met only a handful of times, But I can't help but feel a connection. She is very sweet but at the same time she has a pointed wit. I… wonder if she thinks of me… Sarai Knotwise

Moriarty: (Untrusted) Something isn't right about him. And I'm pretty sure he nicked some stuff from the hand before our expedition. BoredBrit

Flint: (friend) A bit of a card, Crass to say the least. He has that westerner air to him. He only comes around when I've a job available but I sapose I can't complain about that. I'd like to get to know him better. SpartanDory

Nikolan: (Friend) Niko is an honorable man, But a bit of a hot head. He has moments where he seems to stare off into space. I hope he is the right man for the job of leading tambry's guard. I need to get to know him better. Nikolaos

Aewin: (Distrusted) Where dose a man get off threatening a crew of explorers. He scared my crew, Chased my ship, and stole my hat.

I ott to put a bounty on him unless he returns it…
Lannis

Tom: (Liked) Steers Cap

Nyrill: (Befriended) She is cunning, and humble. Though she was captain when the hand Ran aground I can't help but feel it would have been worse off without her. Elz

Nwalme: (Liked) Nwalme is a good man, he risked a lot to get the hand out of the sandstorm. He also saved my life I fully intend to pay that debt back to the furvurs. blargtheawesome

"Max appleby" and apprentice: (Liked) Seemed like a real nice guy. A bit nervous but thats what happens when you deal with a celebrity like me. Cant blame the poor fellow. Not to mention his family's cargo keeps getting stolen, no wonder he wanted to haggle me to such a low price. Hope he can get that apprentice of his to shape up and crack a smile.

Humans. take everything so seriously.

Landem
Fishymatt
Vorar: (liked) what a riot. after his chrushing defeat he tossed me over a wall nearly did me in but underestimated my glorious unwavering resilience. He asked for a rematch in the next 60 years I suspect he wished to regain his honor with me at the weekend. Can't say I blame him, I'm sometimes scared of my own power.
Baron

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Cedric has begun the first of his 6 tell all memoirs.

If you didn't hate his ego driven grab for fame you will now.
It's just as bad and hilarious as you expect. Here's a taste

"How I got there. 1 of 6
Memoir of Cedric lydel

My glorious tale begins like no other. I look back at who I was and now at who I am and open with this dear reader. I was once a simple radiantless peasant just like you.

I lived in the Cochran slums of tambry which today I rule.

My story can be your story. We are the same, except for your crippling underwelming hero worship of me.

But perhaps. Just perhaps my tale can inspire you to rise to the top like I did.

Chapter one. The humble beginnings."