Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Character Playlists

Samwych

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Samwych
Samwych
Merchant
howdy y'all! i've been working on this for a little bit, and i was wondering if anybody else had playlists for their characters? i know most people have theme songs on their characters profiles, but i was curious to see if there was other music that you associated with your characters. if you have, please post them here! i'll post my own since i've had it on the backburner for a bit.

and below is sort of the rundown on why each song is in there, what it means, etc. and you can do the same thing too! but you do not have to.

This December
I'm alright if you're alright, I'm okay if you're okay. Who cares how Gill feels, he isn't okay unless everybody else around him is.

The Gardener
Gill is constantly worried about how people think about him. And although his intentions are good and genuine, he still feels he has to bury and hide a lot from people just to get them to like him. And he knows that once somebody calls him out on something, theres no backing out of it. He sees himself as a complete fool, and will go to lengths just to be the best person he can be.

The Great Unknown
Hesitance is also a really prominent theme with Gill. He’s terrified to take a risk that can end in disaster, and will be reluctant to do anything even with a thousand voices saying ‘Now!’. Letting go and relaxing is something he needs to learn and accept in order to grow in the future, and he knows this.

Passepied (Debussy)
I’ve been associating stringed instruments like the Mandolin for a long time- The sound of acoustic instruments like the guitar and plucked violin give off such a vibe that screams ‘Gill’ to me. If I had less restraint, Gilligan’s entire playlist would be punch brothers.

Plants
Gill connects himself with a lot of people who harm him. Most are not intentional, but he has difficulty disconnecting from those that he attaches himself to. Even the sweetest words can make him stay around people that can influence him in the most negative ways. And even when he knows that things are hurting him, he has difficulty saying no, even if the plants can’t breathe down there.

Soil
Gill receives a lot of advice from people who have no idea what Gill is going through or what his ideals are. He can be quite guarded despite his open personality, but a lot of those who speak to him seem to have this preconceived notion of him in their heads that they feel he needs to conform to. But oddly enough, we don’t all have the same soil.

Spent My Life
The lyrics are meant to be taken literal here- Gill overthinks and worries about things that shouldn’t be mulled on too much. His anxiousness consumes him and takes over his livelihood to the point where he’s had sleepless nights, and it’s far too easy to read on him. There were times that he was in control, but now he feels like he’s lost it entirely. And he’s drifting and floating in a place where he doesn’t know where he is, and he’s forced to roll with the punches.

Bloom (Bonus Track)
Gill gets crushes really easily- Thats a given. But he never tries to force that sort of love on somebody he likes. He just gets filled with mushy-gushy feelings of romance and gets hesitant to even ask if he can sit close to the person- in fear they will read him too easily, or get pushed away.

Best Day Of My Life
After everything that's happened with the blight, Gill comes out with a renewed optimism. He beat a dragon AND the entity- It's time to live life to the fullest.

The Eleventh Reel
More bluegrass! Irish folk? Either or. I just love how it sounds, and how it associates with the season of autumn.

Idk
Gill yearns to go back to a simpler life before he messed everything up and found himself wandering and getting into trouble. Of course he loves his friends, but most times he wishes he didn’t have to deal with his own pressure, and the eyes around him. Tomorrow might be the last day of his life, and he’s terrified of the notion.

My Speed
Gill ends up being friends with a lot of people who don’t seem to be as straight-laced as him. And sometimes he finds himself self-aware of their influence on him- and tries to correct it as quick as possible. He isn’t happy with himself, but anytime he meets somebody new he has to wonder- Are you my speed? Are you going to get me in trouble, or are we going to have a nice conversation over tea?

Be My Own Man
This one is about Gills father- Becoming quite distant from him due to his smothering and negative views on the world. And while he appreciates his father in some aspects, Gill knows that he has to disconnect and be his own person now.

Be More Kind
Even with the stress of the world weighing down on him- Gill maintains the philosophy that no matter what happens, he strives to maintain kindness in a world that works against him. A lot of people are losing hope, and Gill wants to work hard to makes sure they have faith in themselves. And maybe then, he’ll have faith in himself. He just can’t bear to lose more people in his life than he already has.

Light A Roman Candle With Me
This song makes me feel incredibly warm inside- It reminds me of somebody who wants to show somebody a nice time, offering tea, comfort, and rest. A slower pace and break from the way the world is. Gill is often like that, able to just say “I’ll pour you one cup of tea, let’s sit down and talk about this.” to try and talk a person down from the verge of panic or anger.

Hey Jude
The Beatles have been a pretty big influence on my life- But then again, that goes for most people. Gill is often a realist, but at some points he’s known to be an optimist. He has issues bringing himself up, but with other people he thinks, ‘Okay, how can I make this bad situation good.’ And will work very hard to comfort a person.

The Hops of Guldenberg
MORE BLUEGRASS! This is the last one, I promise. This is one of my favourites from the Punch Brothers- It’s what I normally listen to when I doodle Gill.

August
Gill has a lot on his mind. A lot has been happening, and all he wants to do is call his mom and say- “Hey Mom, what’s up, almost died last Tuesday, Can I come home please?” And craves the comfort of being in his old life.

The Good Part
This is probably the first song I ever associated with this guy. The only thing Gill knows about the future is that there are no certainties about it. He’s scared, tired, and worried all at the same time for it. All he wants and needs right now is just a reassurance that he’ll have a happy ending. There are points where he thinks he has a good day, but by the end of it it takes a 180 and he goes “Oh, nope, this isn’t it. Oh well.”. He just wants to skip to the good part, real bad.

This Beautiful Life
Gill has no idea what he’s doing with his life, where he’s going to go, or what is going to happen. He just wants to know, and stop living in unknown.

I'm Gonna Win
After the events in the Blights Cave, he's aware that he may be capable of so much more than laying down and writhing in worry. He may be anxious and cowardly, but he's been aware and trying to move past it.. And it really showed in the events. He's displaying more headstrong-ness in situations, but still maintaining an uncertainty about things. He's going to win, and if not, he's going to try.

You Got A Friend In Me
Despite all the introspection and anxiety, Gill values companionship and friends above all else. As a closer for the playlist, I wanted to end it on something light. Despite how negative Gill can be, he will retain kindness and warmness above all else. Even when there’s trouble, strife, and problems.. He knows that he has people have his back, and he has theirs.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I love this thread already. How did you link the spotify playlist the way you did?

Samwych

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Samwych
Samwych
Merchant
I love this thread already. How did you link the spotify playlist the way you did?
Go to insert, right next to the smiles and alignment buttons, go to media, and insert the spotify link that way :>

Samwych

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Samwych
Samwych
Merchant
I always have wanted to but I'm not music savy
you don't have to be a music whiz to make a character playlist! i normally just put in songs that remind me of my character. it doesn't need to be super complicated or complex, just have a good time!

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
you don't have to be a music whiz to make a character playlist! i normally just put in songs that remind me of my character. it doesn't need to be super complicated or complex, just have a good time!
lmao i mean it as in i just about listen to the same music over and over

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
The Fighter - Elizabeth carries herself as one that does not need anyone else to care about her. She will persevere, she will continue on, and she will not let anything or anyone make her feel worthless. It's not for anyone else to try and 'fix her'.

The Bottom of the River - It has a witchy nature, but also her transition into adept in Animancy involved swimming to the bottom of a river and nearly drowning on the way up.

O Death - The version on Spotify is not quite accurate to the vibe. Moreso the cover that they did for Supernatural, but it stems from her involvement in Animancy.

Weatherpeople - It is odd to put an instrumental song on here, but since I started playing the character as a ten year old this song has remained on the profile. It gives the air of someone very driven, while also carry a dark undertone buried beneath the light and airy bells. I feel like it blends her the spite, cruelty, anger, and manipulation she is capable of with the much lighter pleasantry she carries at the surface.

Play With Fire - In a literal sense, Elizabeth is drawn to fire. She enjoys watching things burn, but she is also drawn to arcane power even though she knows it could very well kill her. She is drawn to the risk and to the danger of it.

A Little Wicked - This was more accurate in the past and not so much now. But after she returned to find her brother sitting on the throne and claiming the family titles, she felt betrayed and feared he had killed her for the position. She wanted to take it all back, and was wanting to build herself to a position to take it over. Now she has made peace with Charles, but it is the Elizabeth that could have been.

Paint It Black - Elizabeth walks through the streets and her empathy allows her to know what love feels like from everyone around her. But she does not want that for herself and is really, really cynical about affairs of the heart. Love is a weakness that just disappoints you in the end.

Control - Very much how she felt about herself after her sparking. But also her own insecurities remained as voices in her head telling her she could not do a lot of things. She felt a lot of chaos.

Castle - Her constant trysts with power, whether to her benefit or not.

Dark Side - Going back to Paint It Black, she thinks love is a weakness that disappoints. But she also thinks that there's no one she would be willing to subject them to her reckless habits.

If I Had A Heart - Seeing a theme here? Always wanting more in her dance with the arcane. She forgets that people are more than just things.

I Will Never Die - More arcane themes, mmmm.

Big Bad Wolf - The dichotomy of who she is trying to be, and the better person she wants to be VS. the product of her upbringing and her attraction to cruelty.

River of Fire - Aracane themesssssss

Eleanor Rigby - Elizabeth is a very, very lonely person. Her childhood was spent in near isolation, aside from her parents. She keeps everyone at a severe distance emotionally, and goes into the Planar to dance with shadows.

Seven Devils - "See I was dead when I woke up this morning and I will be dead when the day is done."

Turn To Stone - Indicative of her relationship with Charles after her return from being dead. "And brother how we must atone, before we turn to stone."

Arsonist's Lullaby - See "Play With Fire"

Last edited:

Samwych

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Samwych
Samwych
Merchant
it's mandated by law that if your character doesnt have a beatles song on their playlist then the police come to your house and beat you up

EITHER WAY i really really love this- her playlist has such a vibe going and i love what its getting across. thank you for sharing! :>

Last edited:

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky

The Package - If I could chose one song to sum my character up in, this is it. Lyrics, mood, pacing; This is as close as a complete package in one song as I could get

KILL4ME - Speaks to some current events and the fact Marcelo would manipulate others into doing his dirty work

Change (In the House of Flies) - Definitely centered around some current rp happenings, Marcelo is molding future generations

When You're Evil - the obvious tie to Marcelo's alignment. The music I'd think plays when Marcelo is at his best

I Put a Spell on You - He's a mage, and the mood of the song fits as well

Our Truth - Lying until those lies become the truth

Make Me Bad - The idea that he strives to be evil, rather than simply being evil

Sinner - More evil themes

Hypnotize - ties in to his manipulative ability and his cogimency magic

Shadow Zone - Marcelo likes the dark

Nobody's Real - The fact that Marcelo is constantly fake towards most of the people he interacts with, he believes everyone else does the same thing to different degrees

The Devil in I - more evil themes, other tie ins as well

Samwych

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Samwych
Samwych
Merchant
I'm adding extra songs onto my own playlist after the events of last night- since the cave trip was a pretty formative experience.

Omikuji

Lord of Altera
Patron
Omikuji
Omikuji
Patron
I don't have spotify so I had to use bum ass Youtube :c

[Playlist Here]

Freedom, defiance, and the disdain towards lies either from those around him or from himself is very much what Kopii is. A lot of his songs are based around his frustrations of those around him and what he sees, while trying to keep himself going forward to another day. Also a lot of the descriptions are very repetitive in my little blurb for a reason, trying to really point home to the loop of words he falls into from them and the chosen songs.

Paloma:
Words of wisdom that Kopii goes by, the song very much is sort of like how he remembers the words from Nylas. In a way a song from Nylas to Kopii (in Kopiis way of remembering Nylas) Always be free, don't forget yourself. "Even if you have to run, it's okay as long as you're free."

Fireflies:
When Kopiis in a good mood, cheerful almost dreamy is how he is. Dreaming of what could be, dreaming of how he sees the world, he'd rather believe in that dream he has.

My Blood:
The ever loyal Kopii, when he's considered someone to be his friend he's there to protect them with every bit of himself. He'll go with those he considers his friends (and obsesses over) and use himself as a shield to protect them, no matter what because they're his. His friends. His.

Repeat After Me:
In a world so religious and the gods so promident, he struggles with trying to separate himself from what he knows and understands to follow in line with those of the religious. Finding religion and the gods... suffocating. He just can't. He can't. He can't stop being himself. He can't be himself truly around so many of those religious.

Crossing A Line:
A lot of Kopiis choices in life are risky, he always tries to take a step over the line of what's safe in the hope of the reward to be worth it. Even if those around him see him doing it for some reasons that don't match up to the truth as to why he does it. Worried that others will also disown him for his choices, as it's happened time and again for him, but he'll always take that step.

Get Up:
Even when he's disbelieving himself, and can't see a reason to keep going, he is actually surrounded by people who want him to keep going. Keep fighting. So he tells himself to get up, he's got to. For them.

I Will Not Bow:
His own stubbornness wouldn't let him give up even if he was alone though. When everything is sucked away from him, he doesn't give up, he doesn't know how to. When he's lost and defeated, his will to keep going and keep fighting till the very end will not let him. It's less of a pride reason, and more he can't give up to the weakness that his own mind tries to convince him he is. He can't change, he won't give up and kneel even if it hurts him emotionally to do so.

Pretty Lies:
It'd be safer to just follow what's normal, easier to just fit in with everyone else and listen to what they say. But Kopii can't do that, he wouldn't consider that living. Even when he's scared, he uses it to remind himself that he's alive and being free is what he needs to be. What others say about what he should do, he still does what he believes he wants to do.

Kill The Lights:
He truly loathes other people putting on a show of lies and grandeur, when he finds that to be a waste of time and dishonest. Nobility flaunting their names and lands, pointing swords of claiming to be the puppets of gods, he finds it frustrating. Also when it goes into the part of 'It's not the end it's not the end at all' it falls into Kopiis driving need to continue forward.

It's A Sin:
Kopii struggles with doing things that seem to fall into being bad to other people. Struggling with his own actions being apparently being sinful as well, he can't win. All his choices are just... sinful.

You're Somebody Else:
Old time friends, ones he used to consider his best friends, ones he used to feel a connection to... he sees them now and he can't hear what he used to hear with them when he was younger. Familiar faces, different voices, he can't find the truth in what he sees anymore. It hurts. They're all gone. His struggles when he loses his 'friends'.

Wasteland:
A song more towards himself. How he sees himself as an obsessive mess, but could he change himself. Should he even try to? He's a mess, and he knows it, falling apart at the stitches, his own lies disgusting himself, but he could he even change himself if he should. Stuck in a loop.

The Perfect Drug:
HaHa. Kopiis deeper obsessions and needs. He needs his 'drugs' which are certain people, actions, and risks he take. Even if it's bad, he wants it. He needs it. He wants it so bad, he wants them so bad they're his he wants them badly, they're what makes him whole. When he's shaken and falling apart, and needs it. He needs it. It's his. He needs it. He's empty without them.

Deer Dance:
A bit different to his other songs, in that this is how he views those of rank in guards, merc groups, and other strong fighter groups. Nothing but thugs who push the weak around with their power. Kopii finds many of the nobility this as well, hunters preying upon deer who scatter at the sound of the hunt.

Phantoms:
Things change around him, but the situations stay the same. New faces but they always end up the same, over and over the same song and dance. These old ghosts haunt him and remind him of events that happen before, and the conclusion of them never occur but a long drawn out question as to why. The people all start to blur together, familiar things, all the same, are they their own thing or just the same old same old stories that have happened to him before. Over and over.

The Fallen:
A somber recovery from his break downs, he hopes that others are there to see him need their help. And give it in turn. As that's what he'd do if he saw someone in need, he'll listen. When he's with those, he's not scared to fall as well, as those people he loves are there with him and see him as his whole mess of a self. But won't leave him for it.

Run Boy Run:
When it turns against him. All he can do is run away and he carries no shame in needing to run. Living for tomorrow and being free, away from those who would try and turn against him for all his choices. He'll be back stronger as a man, but for now he needs to live to see that day.

Tragedy + Time:
Even when it all seems dark, and his own heart breaks apart, it will heal. Time heals all wounds, no matter how great, the scars fade away, and he'll get back up with a smile for the new day. Kopiis ability to get back up and laugh once again after from down places is his main trait that keeps him going. He can never stay in that dark place long, because there's always tomorrow. And he'll hold on for that new day.

Last edited:

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good

This one isn't as extensive as I'd like it to be and isn't so much about the character. It's more about the songs in basing the songs he sings on.