Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Charybdis' Art Thread [NSFW]

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
redoing some of the shading. also im doing a fun slow side-project of tarot cards of various characters i rp with. : )

1539370592683.png

0 the fool

1539370608397.png

1 the magician
1539370625437.png

2 the high priestess

1539370638514.png

Spooksy_

Lord of Altera
Legend
malaoka
malaoka
Legend

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
so i learned recently i have a thing called aphantasia. self-diagnosis, disclaimer, shouldn't be a thing generally, but this is the kind of thing that is kind of obvious if you have: it means i can't visualize things. i don't have mental images. apparently this isn't NORMAL and this is NEWS TO ME and makes art KIND OF FRIGGIN HARDER than it's supposed to be. so im being real nice to myself and letting myself use refs even though i hate doing that. because i literally cannot think of things in my brain in a visual way. ???? people can do that lol? i have just always drawn things and spent hours adjusting them until they look 'right' because that's how i visualize. literally have to draw it.

tl;dr apparently i have aphantasia which means i cant visualize things. i use more refs now.

here's a hot take of no ref vs loose ref. kill me

also don't @ me AP art course because i STILL feel guilty for using refs and i've been out of high school for like three years

1539537885430.png1539537889084.png

Last edited:

Spooksy_

Lord of Altera
Legend
malaoka
malaoka
Legend
so i learned recently i have a thing called aphantasia. self-diagnosis, disclaimer, shouldn't be a thing generally, but this is the kind of thing that is kind of obvious if you have: it means i can't visualize things. i don't have mental images. apparently this isn't NORMAL and this is NEWS TO ME and makes art KIND OF FRIGGIN HARDER than it's supposed to be. so im being real nice to myself and letting myself use refs even though i hate doing that. because i literally cannot think of things in my brain in a visual way. ???? people can do that lol? i have just always drawn things and spent hours adjusting them until they look 'right' because that's how i visualize. literally have to draw it.

tl;dr apparently i have aphantasia which means i cant visualize things. i use more refs now.

View attachment 95467View attachment 95468
well i love you and your art is amazing regardless

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop

also don't @ me AP art course because i STILL feel guilty for using refs and i've been out of high school for like three years

Apparently, aphantasia is something that can be worked on, treated, and /possibly/ overcome. But it’s really hard.
As a visual/spacial thinker and someone with intellect in those spheres, aphantasia is the complete opposite of how I think. So it’s hard to think about not being able to visualize things.
It turns out a lot of artists actually have this. The thought it that art becomes the creative outlet for the brain since it can’t easily form images.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

WHAT THAT ISN'T NORMAL