Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Chestshops retirement - introducing Shop!

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
As part of our preparation for the upcoming 1.10 server update, we are carrying out some changes in the plugins.
Some of them are going to disappear, like the trusted Chestshop. (it's probably been on the server since it opened! ^^)

To be ready when the time for the migration towards 1.10 will come, we are already removing it. It has already been replaced by Shop!

The Chestshop plugin is going to stay for a full week, for people to have time to remove their shops and migrate them towards the new plugin.

Here are the things you need to know:
- Your old Chestshop shops are not going to be protected anymore when the Chestshop plugin will be removed, in a week. It is greatly advised that you remove the old signs, and put new ones (see below for the new sign format for Shop).
- The new Shop plugin doesn't support selling and buying on the same sign. So you need two signs, and either two chests or a double chest (you can have two shops on the same chest, it works! :) )
- Signs above the chests don't work anymore with that plugin. It has to be on the chest.
- That new plugin introduces a new type of shop: Barter! With that one you can exchange items for other items, instead of selling and buying with money.

How to create a new Shop shop:
Nothing more easy!

- Place a chest down (you know how that works, don't you?)

- Place a sign in front or on the front side of the chest.
Here are the spots that are not working anymore with that new plugin:
Shop02.jpg
So if nothing happens when typing the correct text (below) on the sign, check that the sign is effectively on the front or on planted on the block in front of the chest!

- Use the following format for choosing the amount, price and type of shop:
Shop.jpg
Type can be:
- sell
- buy
- barter

The sign will turn red, showing it's waiting for your input:
Shop03.jpg
- here the plugin ask you to punch the sign with the item you wish to sell, buy or barter in this shop.

And once you punch the sign with the item, it will format itself properly:
Shop04.jpg

And voila, your shop is ready to roll!

-----------------​

Notes for the barter shops:
- the second and third lines are the amount of each items you want to trade (so for example, 64 diamonds for 1 enchanted diamond pick)
- you will need to punch the sign twice, with each item included in the trade.

Additional notes:
- if any of you know that plugin, you will have noticed we're not including the various types of "display" the plugin offers. We are currently experimenting with these to see the impact on player and server lag. We will introduce them later if we find the impact is minimal, or at least bearable.

And if you have any questions regarding that new plugin or that transition, feel free to ask them here :)

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Barter work with named items?

Might Be a good way to do minted coins of custom value in emerald if so.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Barter work with named items?

Might Be a good way to do minted coins of custom value in emerald if so.
That is a good question, worth trying to check!

EDIT: items custom data (name and stuff) seems to be registered in the plugin data, so it should work!

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I will retire Chestshop tomorrow, so now is a good time to finish (or start ^^) changing your shops to the new format :)

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Hey, so it was brought up in game that the King's Shop wasn't moved over to the new Shop system. Currently emeralds are unavailable, it seems.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Chestshop plugin was linked with the King's shop- But with the new Shop plugin, I figured out how to make admin banks. yay

Head to spawn for your emerald needs.

And the chests have leetle icons on top of them- is cute

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
The old Emerald Bank request thread is locked, so I'll ask here. Will banks be available the same with, and with the same rules, as before? Not that I'm a position to get one now, but was curious.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
(Oops) I see no locked thread *shifty eyes*

Answer is yes!

Last edited:

BPMbj

Loyal Servant of Altera
How do you get the sign to sell for radiants? You have to hit the sign with what your bartering with and you can't hit it with Radiants

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
How do you get the sign to sell for radiants? You have to hit the sign with what your bartering with and you can't hit it with Radiants
It automatically uses radiants, as written in the guide you have to write the amount of items and price on the sign, this is the number that will be used to sell or buy items.
Barter type shops are for item to item exchanges, if you want to sell items, use the sell type.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Chestshop plugin was linked with the King's shop- But with the new Shop plugin, I figured out how to make admin banks. yay

Head to spawn for your emerald needs.

And the chests have leetle icons on top of them- is cute
How are you able to get items to float above the chest like that?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
How are you able to get items to float above the chest like that?
It should be able to pop once you right click the chest with the item in your hand. If not- it may be set to just admins.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Did we ever get confirmation if this is just admins or for players too? Because I feel like players being able to do it will cut down on item frame lag.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Did we ever get confirmation if this is just admins or for players too? Because I feel like players being able to do it will cut down on item frame lag.
We got confirmation that only admin can get items to pop-up like that.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
We got confirmation that only admin can get items to pop-up like that.
Indeed it is only admin for now. My plans were to check and make some tests to see if it was causing any lag. Unfortunately I couldn't find time for that. Maybe we'll turn that on for everybody, and see how it goes...?