Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Chorale_'s Whitelist Application (Approved - Paint)

Chorale_

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)

ChoraleBOT

2. How old are you?
(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)

3. What country are you from?
(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)

United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)

That I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)

Metagaming is the in-character use of out-of-character knowledge.
EX: You're in TS with a few friends and one of them is getting bandited. They tell you to hurry to a location and you do so. That'd be metagaming since your character doesn't know about it - but your OOC self instead.

Powergaming is when you do something (vague, I know, apologies. There's not much else of a way to explain it) without giving the other player a chance to react.
EX: You emote slicing someones head off in a single emote. The proper way to do this would perhaps to put "attempts to" in front of your emote, and maybe describe a little more in detail.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)

Absolutely not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)

Paint is a mentor last I checked.

8. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)

I'm currently a Freshman in High School, I'd normally be a Sophomore by this point but I started schooling later than most would. I'm in the Marching Band, and I really enjoy it. It's my first year, though I tried out for the role of Band Captain and got it! I'm the only Freshman in the history of my school to ever obtain such a high ranking Officer position. I enjoy listening to the Gospel, and I have 1 dog, as-well-as 3 cats. I'm a very religious individual, though it's not all that I talk about. Oh, and random fact - I'm a vegetarian of 5 years!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

Afraid not!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)
N/A

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)
Fitonor de Fontaine-Elmpool

Character Age:
(Simple enough!)

Character Race:
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)
Human

Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Grey hair, blue eyes, tan skin color and a purple/black robe.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)
https://prnt.sc/gtbrvc

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

The Story of Fitonor's Life -

Fitonor Elmpool was his original name. Though, when he was bewed, his wife - Katherina de Fontaine insisted that he take her name, and conjoin it into one. Therefore; the House of de Fontaine-Elmpool was born. Fitonor himself grew up around Storm's Landing with no siblings. His mother and father were gone - dead. He was left to raise himself. A beggar, most called him. He'd go around and eat out of the trash, and sleep under a bench on the side of the cold and bare cobblestone streets most days. When he was old enough, he wanted to join the Local Guard Force so that he could gain currency to feed himself and what not. After speaking to the Commander at the time, he allotted Fitonor a friendly spar with a wooden sword and a gambeson. He'd never held a blade before, so he figured that it'd be something interesting. After the men had gotten done sparring, Fitonor took off his gambeson and laid his blade down. The Commander welcomed him into the Guard Force. Here he learned many skills, however, he's a slow learner - he still hasn't learned to properly fight and he's progressed so much in his lifetime. After he was accepted into the Guard Force, he took refuge in the barracks until he could afford to buy his own home. When he was first paid, the initial thing he did was seek out a tailor. Then, the second thing he did was run to the shop and buy a few things to eat. These items included: carrots, apples, pumpkins, and many other edible items. He was finally creating a life for himself and was he happy about it. He walked around town with his head held high every day. Guard duty and gate watch were his two favorite things about starting off the day even though he wasn't too good at either of the two - considering he was hardly an apprentice guardsman. There was one instance where Fitonor met a fine lass by the name of Katherina de Fontaine, out of town and - little did he know, one day she'd be his wife. It started like this.
Fitonor was laying upon his bunk one day when he thought up the idea that he wanted a family. He wanted children, a wife, and more. He wanted his own place and so on. He started to rise from his bunk and ran outside. The first thing he did was fetch a piece of parchment, and a quill. He began to scribble a few things down before whistling for a courier. Once he arrived, Fitonor sealed the note and passed it on. This is how the story began of the two lovebirds. There's much more to it, but I'm afraid I would be here all night if I were to tell it all.

443 words 2,358 characters

^^
That's a pre-existing story. Fitonor has existed for years, upon years. I've RP'd him for a very long time on another RPG server that's much like this one, where you must apply to get in. I've adjusted his story a little bit to fit with this server's lore. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Edit: I changed the skin and his backstory up a bit. I thought that I had put in there that he wasn't too skilled at his job... making him not even basic in the skill of swordsmanship, but it was like 3 in the morning when I made this application. I think that what I added in clarified a few things.

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello there-

I've made my initial review and there are some points you need to adjust for me;

- You cannot start off with high quality armour, you need to remove the plate.
- All skills must be basic in backstory and when you start on the server. Think of it like an RPG you have to start at level one.

Warm Regards;
Paint

Chorale_

Villager
I changed the skin and his backstory up a bit. I thought that I had put in there that he wasn't too skilled at his job... making him not even basic in the skill of swordsmanship, but it was like 3 in the morning when I made this application. I think that what I added in clarified a few things.

Paint

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I changed the skin and his backstory up a bit. I thought that I had put in there that he wasn't too skilled at his job... making him not even basic in the skill of swordsmanship, but it was like 3 in the morning when I made this application. I think that what I added in clarified a few things.

Paint
Heya, I asked that that the sword bit was clarified to ensure an understanding of the rule- I presumed it was good, but simply wanted to make sure.

The skin is still plate armour on my side, will need that changed. You cannot start with any advanced weapons or armour.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.