Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Chosen's Whitelist App [Approved - Charybdis]

Knightly

Legend of Altera
Chosen__
Chosen__
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Chosen__

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
U.S. of the A

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
YES I DID.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming is when a character overpowers another character without giving them a chance to react (Player 1 fires a perfect arrow and it pierces Player 2's skull killing him instantly). Powergaming can also just have a super overpowered character, basically a God amongst men. Or it can be when you have imaginary friends/guards accompany you to protect you and help you (don't do this because you'll look insane, unless your character is insane).
As for Metagaming, it is when you apply information to a character OOCly without them finding out RPly.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No you don't, who even uses X-Rays on a roleplay server?

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Vincentius

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am Shaolin (yes I am full aware that my user is Knightly), I am an upcoming playwright, director, author, and actor. Sometimes I have a hard time getting into roleplaying since I get a little awkward around other people, but when I get to know them I get into it.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yes I do and if you want to read it, just ask. Other than that I prefer to keep my work a secret for now.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Naaa, I came here by myself.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Aneworia Zephyr

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Aneworia has piercing coffee-colored eyes and wavy chocolate hair, while her skin almost resembles the color of sand. A crimson red stripe runs down her eye all the way to her neck.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
2018-11-06_19.36.51.png

Written Test!
Aneworia was born in 2280, which was probably the worst time to be born. Why? The Bastions fell and Skraag and his vile army of the undead began to consume everything that drew breath, and she just so happened to be born in the northern kingdom. Her first years were not pleasant, it was a constant fight for survival. Peace was not a thing she could even comprehend, let alone dying for it. She and her family fled with the Great Migration and witnessed the death of many unfortunate souls who wished for life but received death. She was one of the lucky few to have found life on the Eastern continent; it was there that she was raised with a normal life. Still, the memories of death and destruction were burned into her mind. Her father was a retired knight and her mother a traveling merchant and spent the majority of their life on the road. Aneworia had a nearly unquenchable thirst for knowledge and exploration, so she would become lost reading hours upon hours of stories and history. She had only but one desire: to reclaim the Northern Kingdoms. She had heard about some men who did travel back to the Northern Kingdoms to retrieve the Bastion stones, and she did everything in her power to find a way to come along. Her only knowledge of this forgotten land was through her books and her father. Eventually, news had reached to her that the Sisterhood temple was attacked, then the moon turned into an unnatural purple and Makani walked on the world. Aneworia wasn’t ready to let the same thing happen again that happened in the old world. She was full of hatred towards anything that threatened her family and her way of life, given the opportunity, she would do anything to prevent it. Inevitably, her mother and father died of old age leaving Aneworia by her lonesome. She left into the world with no direction, she didn’t know what she wanted to do. Thus began her journey into the world in search of a family and a place to belong. But as she traveled the land, she felt a strange eeriness wherever she went; like she was being watched… Not by man, but by nature. Aneworia would countinue on her journey with a high suspicion towards everybody and everything that crossed her path. She knew not of the challenges that would come her way, but whatever it was she was ready.

Current Setting of the Server:

For days, it rained. The coasts were battered by bolstered waves, and the fields turned to lakes that could swallow a caravan. For some, it was an omen.

The evil promises came true. As the storms slipped back out to sea and the sun's auburn hues could again be seen rising over the horizon, something dark crept out from the cavern depths. A dangerous, and mysterious plague gripped Altera by ferocious surprise. At first, it was studied in quite isolation by academics, but soon it became clear that this was no mere curse of nature. Plague beasts, monstrous mutated abominations, stormed research facilities, escalating the situation into a full scale struggle. Across the lands, people became displaced from their homes as monster and plague altered their way of life.

The lands of Altera are poised in dire straits, but there is hope. The sun still shines, and opportunities for glory grow like tentative vines. All over, people are fighting, innovating and living in spite of the darkness below. Will you join them?

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello. Your application is on the correct track, but there are a few points I need to touch on before we can continue.
  • Powergaming Definition: Your definition and example is correct but incomplete, as there are more aspects to powergaming. Please have another look at the {King's Law}.
  • Character Appearance: It appears your character has two different coloured eyes (different shades of brown, the left looking a bit too unnaturally red for humans). We do not generally allow heterochromia for first-time characters as it is an exceedingly rare condition.
  • Written Test:
    • As the retrieval of the Bastion stones was an in-character event, it is not possible to have an NPCed character who participated in such.
    • We ask that characters are not formally trained in skills through backstory, and come into our world as novices to earn skills through roleplay on the server for fairness' sake. There are many characters on the server who are able to train others.
Please adjust your application accordingly and reply to this thread when you would like me to have another look. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or another mentor.

Knightly

Legend of Altera
Chosen__
Chosen__
Hello. Your application is on the correct track, but there are a few points I need to touch on before we can continue.
  • Powergaming Definition: Your definition and example is correct but incomplete, as there are more aspects to powergaming. Please have another look at the {King's Law}.
  • Character Appearance: It appears your character has two different coloured eyes (different shades of brown, the left looking a bit too unnaturally red for humans). We do not generally allow heterochromia for first-time characters as it is an exceedingly rare condition.
  • Written Test:
    • As the retrieval of the Bastion stones was an in-character event, it is not possible to have an NPCed character who participated in such.
    • We ask that characters are not formally trained in skills through backstory, and come into our world as novices to earn skills through roleplay on the server for fairness' sake. There are many characters on the server who are able to train others.
Please adjust your application accordingly and reply to this thread when you would like me to have another look. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or another mentor.
Done :)

Knightly

Legend of Altera
Chosen__
Chosen__
Could you clarify what this means for me please?
When she saw the men leaving for the Northern Kingdoms, she did everything a little kid would do. Like she would try to convince her parents to see if she could go with them to her homeland. I apologize if I wasn't clear on that.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
No problem!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+