Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Church du'Feu

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

“Fire makes light, and lights the whole world from the darkness of the night."

Refer to the Codex;
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-codex-of-light.30463/
Refer to the Ignis;
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/ignis-synnove.30237/

Ignis Synnove‘s Doctrine:
1. Thou shalt believe true all words of the Light, and shalt observe all its directions.

2. Thou shalt never lie nor bear false witness, and shalt remain faithful to thy pledged word.

3. Thou shalt respect those who are wealthy and powerful, for they are such due to the grace of the Light.

4. Thou shalt pray upon each Sunrise, to give good thanks that the Light bathes thy lands upon once more!

5. Thou shalt not recognize any other Gods or Goddesses, for the Light is the one true Divine.

6. Thou shalt give due respects for the orderly inheiritance, heiritage and succesion, to honour thy Father and Mother before thee.

7. Thou shalt bring persecution upon heresy, to preserve the Order of the world.

8. Thou shalt see murderers without cause have forfeit their own life before the Light, and their belongings entitled to the family of the murdered.

9. Thou shalt burn the dead so they might not rise as demons, or worse!

10. Thou shalt respectfully observe the Divine Law.

Head of Church; Bishop Samuel

The Church of Feu is a church of the faith of Ignis, much like the Lysterium in nature. Unlike the Lyserium however, the Church of Feu has a more militarized faith, and instead see the value in fire versus the teachings of Light in the Church of the Lyserium. Like the others, the church still answers to the will of the exalted and Ignis overall but distance themselves with different beliefs in response to their brother church.

The Church is lead by the a single Bishop, who looks over and advises the various orders of the church in matters of faith, The Church controls faith in the Templars of the Flames and strides to teach each member of the faith. Outside of the order, the church sends missionaries and monks to other settlements to offer support to all of the faithful of Ignis.

Priesthood;
Men whom seek priesthood go through many years of teachings in matters of faith, healing, history and other knowledge based skills in order to ensure the priests of the church are knowable on more than just matters of faith; Making them skilled advisors and researchers as well as men of faith. The most commonly taught skills include writing and reading, so the priests may write books.

Red Ladies:
Women whom share a devot faith in Ignis may be enrolled in a silmar program as the Priests of the order, they are also taught many different skills but in the nature of the church are more assistants to the priests until proven to be loyal to church. Red Ladies commonly handle the dead before the pryes, and once trusted may hold masses for the church.

Head Bishop:
Samuel du'Montant (@Paintballz)
Priests:
Father Louis d'Aven (@Megadonkey30)
Red Ladies:
N/A
Students:
N/A

Ceremonies

Mass

Mass of the Church du’Feu:

To those that don't want all the detail:
  1. Opening Entrance
  2. Silent Prayer
  3. Chant of Guidance
  4. Story/History of Ignis
  5. Offerings to Ignis
  6. Closing Prayer

The room: Fires burn lightly with rose-mary filling, as it is rosemary little smoke is given off, the room remains quiet as the bell outside the church is rang twice, once for the memory of Harateth and once for the attraction of Ignis.

1) Bishop Samuel enters the room, calling for everyone to stand as he makes his way down to the shrine, a golden staff in one hand, and the other a small pot on chain, with burning incense as he moves it around the room, a pure rich smelling being given off. As he climbs the stairs of the shrine, he flips up the large codex of light, smiling upon the people.

*NOTE: if Ladies of Red or other Priests wish to aid the mass, they come into the room behind the Bishop on either side, and when they enter the shrine they stand to the side after spreading rosemary in the flames on the way.*

2) “I invite all of you to join me in silent prayer, as we ask for the watchful gaze of the Empress of Fire.”
-Moments of Silent prayer-
3) “Now, I ask you all stand and join me in the of the chant of guidance.”

Nous entendre Dame de la Lumière et ayez pitié de nous que nous poursuivons vos souhaits , faire briller votre lumière vers le bas pour nous guider dans notre devoir .

Pour toi le plus élevé Dame , gouverneur de tous ;
Accorde-nous votre faveur que nous vaquons à vos souhaits ;
Nous nous agenouillons en votre présence divine ;
Exauce-nous , O'Lady de la Lumière ,
entendre les prières de tes followers .

Nous entendre Dame de la Lumière et ayez pitié de nous que nous poursuivons vos souhaits , faire briller votre lumière vers le bas pour nous guider dans notre devoir .

Guide-nous avec votre lumière sainte ;
Comme nous frappons contre les forces de la nuit ;
Puissiez-vous nous accorder la force de lutter jusqu'au lever du soleil ;
Nous te le demandons , à genoux dans ta lumière ;
Exauce-nous , souverain de tous les seigneurs ,
Et le chef de tous les rois et les reines ;

Pour les terreurs de l'obscurité sont rapides , et que vous souhaitez annuler l'ordre. Ave Sun , Ave Ignis , le feu Ave , votre création la plus divine .

*NOTE: The other priests and such would chant in Common*

Priest/Priestess/Lady of Red Part:

We hear Lady of Light, and have mercy on us as we pursue your wishes, shine your light down to guide us in our duty.

For you the highest Dame, governor of all;
Give us your favor as we go about your wishes;
We kneel in your divine presence;
Hear us, O'Lady of Light,
hear the prayers of your followers.

We hear Lady of Light, and have mercy on us as we pursue your wishes, shine your light down to guide us in our duty.

Guide us with your holy light;
As we strike against the forces of the night;
May you grant us the strength to fight until sunrise;
We ask, kneeling in your light;
Hear us, ruler of all lords,
And the head of all the kings and queens;

For the terrors of darkness are fast, and you want to cancel the order. Sun Ave, Ave Ignis the Ave fire, your most divine creation.
Bishop: " You may all be seated."

4) Bishop:

"Many years ago now, the god of goodness and light, Harateth fell to ash, and upon that day we saw the rise of a new deity, Ignis Synnove; We saw the phoenix rise new from the ashes of Harateth upon the wings of fire and for that we sing praise for her, as her wings of fire bless us her followers and grant as the sun to repel the darkness of the night.

Ave Fire Ave Ignis and may the sun always rise in the morning."

5) The Offering:

As morals, we must pay honour to the Empress of Fire, for that I call upon anyone who wishes to offer items to her glory, please place whatever you can give to her in front of the shrine.

6) Closing:

"O' Great Watcher Above, I beg of You to send me the guidance I so crave, as I walk through this waking day. My Watcher, Ruler of all Kings and queens, of smoke and ash, please watch over us as you sit upon your lofty throne, as I take comfort in your grand gaze. May all be shaken in your mighty presence, as the Watcher herself takes flight as I stay true to His way. I pledge my life to You once more."

Baptism
Baptism in the Church du’Feu represents that the person has converted to the faith to the Ignis, and therefore are adored with three different oils mixed with fine herbs and yellow flowers, on the sides of the oil incense burns with a thick white smoke.

Weddings:
Weddings are fairly traditional in the church, Priests offer prayer to the couple, and then allow them to say vows, making them husband and wife.
(I got extremely lazy for this one.. probably some new stuff for it later in the future.)

Ceremony of the Chevalier:
The Ceremony of the Chevalier is seen as the highest honours a warrior can have, the church performs knighting regularly and due to the honour of the event, there is quite a bit of traditions and customs used by the church during the ceremony. A Squire may earn his knighthood either by the word of his mentor, or lord to the church or command of the Templars. A squire may also be granted his knighthood on the battlefield if he has shown his worth to the other men.
The Ceremony comes in many parts, and is granted by the order and not on the battlefield (The Ceremony is repeated for the Knight if he survives battle) they follow this way:

1. The Squire is required to spent a day in prayer, in the morning attending a mass or prayer of a Priest, and then the afternoon in quiet prayer or meditation, not allowing any speech unless it is in prayer or chant.
  2. In the evening, he is dressed in pure white clothes and a cloak is overlayed on him white with a golden sun on the back and lead to the alter.
  3. As he is lead to the altar, incense burns as he makes his way towards the priest/lord/ performing the ceremony kneeling upon a red pillow in front of the altar, the priest then says prayer and asks for the favor of Ignis as the sun starts to lower and lighten the room.
  4. Than the squire performs an oath, swearing himself to duty as a chevalier, which is the following;

“I, (Name and infomation ex; William de Silavaro, Son of Edward de Silvario) hereby swear my oath to duty and service as a Chevalier in the all seeing sight of the Empress of Light and the view from her throne. May I serve with the same bravery and honor as Saint Magnus and all others before me. In everyday I swear to uphold and preserve order of the Doctrine of Ignis; I shall believe true in all the words of Ignis, I shall never tell lies or bare false witness, I will respect those of higher rank of myself, I shall pray at each sunrise and give thanks for the light of the sun, I shall serve to preserve order and truth in this world and hunt down the heretics and others who wish to destroy my ladies’ order, I will burn the dead and will seek justice for murders, I will obtain divine law and I will praise only Ignis as she is the only true divine.”
5) At this point the Lord/Priest taps each shoulder and says “Rise in the light of Ignis, Sir (Name Lastname) and start your life as a Chevalier.”

Funeral’s Rights:
As is ordered by the Empress of Fire herself, the Church du’Feu burns all of its dead. When a body is delivered to the church, the Ladies of Red first cleanse the body in a way similar to Baptism, washing the skin of the corpse with fine-oil and water mixed with herb, and then the wounds of the dead are patched up to make the corpse look better than when it is delivered, next the body is moved to its Prye.

The Prye’s used are made of wood and layered with bits of herbs and other items the family wishes to have with the corpse when it is cleanse. Next the priests of the order offer the final rights and pray for the soul of the fallen with the following prayer;

Prayer 1:

“Lady Ignis, Empress of Fire, Lady of Light, and Watcher Upon; We ask for your blessing as we send the soul of your follower to the skies, we ask you watch upon their soul with care and bless them with a spot in your heavens as we alight the corpse, may their spirit rise from their moral ashes and their spirit became that of a phoenix, Ave Fire, Ave Ignis."
At this point, the priest/priestess holding the ceremony would light the pyre a flame, and after the flames become ash, the Ladies of Red gather the ashes and place them into the urn, handing it over to the family for handling; If there is no remaining family the church will place them in the crypts.
Phoenix Nest Temple

Mass Logs:
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/honouring-the-lady-of-light.32041/ -Feb 12th 2014

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/calls-to-the-fire.32173/#post-532168 -March 4th 2015

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/calls-to-the-fire-iii.32379/ -Wednesday, March 11th

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/calls-to-the-fire-iv.32596/ - Wednesday, March 25th

@Michcat

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I added some pictures of the Church's first temple in La Marche DO'r, built by the wonderful @Tomato150

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

Red Ladies:
Women whom share a devot faith in Ignis may be enrolled in a silmar program as the Priests of the order, they are also taught many different skills but in the nature of the church are more assistants to the priests until proven to be loyal to church. Red Ladies commonly handle the dead before the pryes, and once trusted may hold masses for the church.

@Firegirl

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Heeyo- A quick note, you want to make sure that you're ICly in contact with the other organizations/people you mention there in your thread!
(As well as make sure that the Leaders skills and abilities were gained through proper roleplay ^^)

Otherwise, I love the initiative and idea. Can't wait to see this grow :D

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Heeyo- A quick note, you want to make sure that you're ICly in contact with the other organizations/people you mention there in your thread!
(As well as make sure that the Leaders skills and abilities were gained through proper roleplay ^^)

Otherwise, I love the initiative and idea. Can't wait to see this grow :D
Of course, most of what has been changed for this church was developed freshly through RP events if that is your worry, there is really nothing in the writing that was around before hand.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Of course, most of what has been changed for this church was developed freshly through RP events if that is your worry, there is really nothing in the writing that was around before hand.
Even the bit you just edited? :p
Heh, well, alrighty then. Best of luck!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
-wipes sweat from brow-

I have finished the ceremonies, warning a lot of text up there, and still more to add!
(@Kyle1322 Thanks for the Moral support m8)