Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[City] Riddleport

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Riddleport
Mayor: Marcus Helix (pyrocide)
Council Members: Grimar Ironheart (james_power) and Kyro (goldtalon101)
Location: Western Continent, South of Heaven’s Reach and across from Timbervale: x 4620, z 9340
Population: fluctuates constantly, around twenty at the moment.

Town Description
Riddleport is situated on the Western Continent, between the eastern coastline and Phoenix River. The port city is run by Baron Marcus "Pyrocide" Helix, one of the Barons of House Cromarcky. Our city was founded based on researching a strange temple that House Cromarcky came across that was dedicated to Jax. While the questions of the temple's origin and reason for being are still unsolved, the city has grown into a hub for both the religious followers of Jax, and a port for all commerce heading to and from the Western Continent. Riddleport has a very loose moral center, and the law here isn't the strongest, so if you're looking for a Tortuga-esque port haven to hide from the law, Riddleport is your next stop!

Directions
From Port Silver, walk down the docks till you see the boat with all-black sails. This boat will take you directly to Riddleport!

How to become a Citizen
Please post an application on this thread and use the following as a guide:

Application:
In-Game Name:
RP Name:
Member of another Town?: (If yes, please list them)
Able to join House Cromarcky?: (All town members are encouraged to join, players already in another House please list the House here)
Roll you wish to fill and why:
How do you feel you can add to this community:
A couple sentences about yourself:

City members are encouraged to also join House Cromarcky. This will make it easier to keep in touch with each other using House Chat in-game and also helps with management of city. Please be sure to read all of this first post as details of all the roles in the city are shown below.

Taxes
The tax for those with House Cromarcky is currently set at a modest 100r a day and for those not in the house the tax rate is 1000/week, due to having to manually collect the taxes. All of the money received in this manner goes specifically toward maintenance and upgrades to the city. We expect payment of these taxes, but also encourage larger donations. Please remember that voting each day gives 7000r a week so everyone will easily be able to afford the taxes.

Homes
We have a number of housing options for our citizens, from renting rooms at the gambling hall or inn, to pre-built homes and even options for enterprising members to build their own home - within specifications, of course. Our prices vary from building to building, so check for the "for sale" signs outside each house. Once you are the proud owner of a house, place a sign above/beside the entrance with the following written on it:

RP name
Username
Job in town

Please understand to combat the all too common effect of "ghost-towning," We will be actively monitoring your activity in the city. If you are absent for more than two weeks without prior notice we will store your items in the city's warehouse and open your home to be bought by someone else. The easiest way to avoid this is to keep your tax payments current, and notify us before taking any extended breaks from minecraft.

Also, understand that all sales are final. We will not refund money spent on a home/shop should you wish to leave it or become inactive, and should you wish to relocate to a different home/shop we may not reimburse you for the old building - though we may give a discount at our discretion. You also may not sell your home to another player. Either you own the building or the ownership reverts back to the city.

Shops
As well as having houses available, we also have shops and stalls for our citizens to buy or rent! As with houses, we have a number of pre-built shops, though there is also the option to construct your own, and most of them reside in the Market District. We will be selective on what your shop may sell, so that no two shops compete on items or prices. There is a weekly rental for shop properties which is independent from any other taxes for the city. When a town member starts a new shop, details will be explained regarding how to pay the rent.

Building Code
Riddleport citizens have the option of buying a premade home or create one from scratch. For those who buy the premade homes, in order to keep in the cities theme and general look we ask you to not change or modify the outside of any structure without explicit permission. The inside of your home is however open to be customized however you would like it to be. Please be sure keep a medieval/fantasy theme though. Basements can not go any deeper then 10 blocks and must remain within the footprint of your home. We ask this so we do not undermine our fair city as well as leaving an area for possible future expansion and projects. Please note that basement sizes will be checked often. If there are any changes to the exterior of your home you'd like to have made, please contact one of the leaders of the city about those changes, and they will work with you on those changes.

For those who wish to create their own house, see one of the leaders of the city for instructions on how to keep your building within the set theme of Riddleport.

Roleplaying & Events
We are actively encouraging the use of Riddleport for hosting special events and roleplaying sessions within our city walls. If you are interested in running an event please do contact one of the city leaders to begin planning. We have areas in the city like "The Pit" Arena, The Four of Diamonds Shrine, and The Golden Greyling Gambling Hall that are perfect locations for roleplaying and we encourage players to RP. That said, if you are new to RP or only wish to practice it occasionally we are fine with that as well.

Jobs in Town
To help facilitate an atmosphere of roleplaying and establish concrete roles in town we ask that everyone choose at least one role or occupation. Due to the constant flux of players coming and going, We suggest asking the Barons that you see what types of jobs need filling. Also, as Riddleport is a city of many different groups, we also suggest checking out each group's individual organization page for spots that could be filled. A link to all the active groups in Riddleport will be provided at the bottom of this post.

Town Organizations
Riddleport is a city that is founded on the freedoms of individual groups to do as they please without interfering oversight from a central government. As such, Riddleport is a perfect home for new organizations looking for a base of operations. We currently have three organizations, those being the Golden Greyling Gambling Hall, The Pit Arena, and the Bloody Coin Mercenary Guild. If you're looking for a place to put your guild, group, faction, or cult, stop by Riddleport and we'll do our best to set your group up nicely.​
.​
Rights as a member

All citizens have access to any public storage facilities in the city. Also, for those citizens who own shops or stalls we shall never dictate the prices on which you must sell your wares. While in roleplaying the city is nearly lawless, you still must abide by the server's rules. Failure to abide by server law is grounds for being banished from Riddleport along with any punishment the server deems worthy. Also, causing ooc or non-consented rp trouble is also grounds for expulsion. You have a right to trial by the Barons of House Cromarcky should you be accused of any action that would lead to your removal from the city.
The View
Below are some screenshots of our wonderful city so far. Remember, our city is still very new and growing rapidly, so check back often to see what all new is happening at Riddleport!​

Attachments

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Special Announcement!

To kick off Riddleport's official opening, for the next two weeks all rooms in the Golden Greyling Gambling Hall are free to rent when you sign up with House Cromarcky!

There is also a limited time discount on all prebuilt shops and homes, so be sure to come by and check us out!

FleecyWelshGez

Legend of Altera
In-Game Name: FleecyWelshGez
RP Name: Slyk Ryderh
Member of another Town?: Yes, Stormhold (Currently in process of house switch from Lonmar, talking to draco about it), and also Shaedia (Non-existent, but plans to inherit are under way, james_power...)
Able to join House Cromarcky?: Possibly, still talking to Draco about switching from Lonmar.
Roll you wish to fill and why: As a valuables merchant (for instance, diamonds, gold, iron etc, but at a cheaper price than the Auction House, and cutting out the middle man to make the experience more 'RP'.
How do you feel you can add to this community: I feel that i am a friendly person, who can help many friends, or strangers, in a variety of ways. I could offer services to the community that could bring everyone closer together.
A couple sentences about yourself: Very adventurous ( I scuba dive, i do fencing, i play violin and guitar at a exceptional standard, (IRL) i more often than not attempt (yet succeed) in activities that no one else would usually think of trying, also im a friendly person, and very helpful in a variety of instances.

(I've already joined the town thanks to james_power, i have already purchased a house in Riddleport, James only wanted me to fill this out to make it official.)

Leaning on a Fence.png

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Of course; you're welcome.

Oh, also, we are currently looking to populate our docks better. If you have a city, town, fort, ect, that would like another means of transport let us know! we have tons of room for ships on our dock, and plenty of space to expand it should we need to.

CrisThePsycho

Loyal Servant of Altera
In-Game Name: Cristhepsycho
RP Name: Aaron
Member of another Town?: No
Able to join House Cromarcky?: Yes
Roll you wish to fill and why: Builder, Miner, or Woodsman would be ideal positions. I am fairly new to this server and I would enjoy joining a small town to begin.
How do you feel you can add to this community: I'm generally seen as creative and funny could easily lighten the atmosphere. I also am pretty easy going and just want to enjoy the game.
A couple sentences about yourself: I'm a pretty smart guy I take advanced classes, I also wrestle and skate. I also take programming classes online and hope to be adept at that eventually. I enjoy minecraft and although I usually play creative server, I feel like this server will be a nice new home to me.

alec goldstein

I think I might like it here
i would like to apply to your city, its been awhile since i have been playing minecraft since my job and college leave me little time, but i have recently left my job for reasons i will not go into,
20 years old,
male
has teamspeak and mic
active,
fun loving
likes sunny waks on the beach
enjoys music, cant dance at all tho,
loves talking
and loves mining

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Martinez and Goldstein, welcome to Riddleport! Find myself or james_power or 2f_Zelda online and we'll make sure to get you set up and situated!

Goldstein, what's your minecraft account name? Need to know who to look for and all that.

SctDragon

Settling in Altera
In-Game Name: SctDragon
RP Name: Brandon
Member of another Town?: (If yes, please list them) Yes, Heavens Reach(not part of the house)
Able to join House Cromarcky?: (All town members are encouraged to join, players already in another House please list the House here) Already part of it.
Roll you wish to fill and why: Warrior
How do you feel you can add to this community: I could train people, help build stuff that need's to build. Also be a positive influence to the server.
A couple sentences about yourself: I play in the Marching Band. I play the tuba/sousa. Playing video games is one of my hobbies and I love to explore. DISCLAIMER- Already part of the region.

Oliver Nagy

Villager
In-Game Name: Cromwell20
RP Name: Oliver Cromwell
Member of another Town?: no
Able to join House Cromarcky?: yes
Roll you wish to fill and why: I wish to be an aprrentice in architect especially the usage of redstone and pistons
How do you feel you can add to this community: I fell myself an addition to any community where i can beuseful.
A couple sentences about yourself: Im a university student and im learning pedagogy (but im not a teacher and i wont be!) I like playing computer games mostly roleplay but i played DND and some other board game based rpg also. Usually i study but when i havefree time i play or read books (im afan of fantasy like lord of the ringsm, The Eragon series but i also enjoy the harry potter books) Im not into sports but i like rollerskating. IRL i dont ofthen meet with people but when i do its always about doing random stuff (mostly including drinking games about the most ridiculos excuses

21darklink12

Villager
In-Game Name: 21Darklink12
RP Name: Shane Bentley

Member of another Town?: Whiterose Vale
Able to join House Cromarcky?: Currently a member of it
Roll you wish to fill and why: Bard, and a Dealer at the gambling hall. I'm comfortable with money-handling, and paying whoever needs to recieve it, and I love making music.
How do you feel you can add to this community: I feel I can bring humor as well as an intelligent mind to bounce ideas back and forth with others.
A couple sentences about yourself: My real and RP name is Shane Bentley. I'm 19 years of age. I absolutely love music, and work with it frequently. I am also excited to be a member of this community.

Soul42

Villager
In-Game Name:Aimtrue345
RPName:Zak
Member of another town?:Whiterose Vale
Able to join House Cromarcky?:yes
Role you wish to fill and why:Jack of all trades, I like to dabble a bit in all jobs and i can try to fill in if no one else is available for a job.
How do you feel you can add to this community:Well I'm not exactly sure what i can contribute, but I will help wherever i can be it building, blacksmith, bar, or where ever else im needed.
A couple of sentences about yourself:My real name is Jesse Whitaker but my RP name is Zak. Zak is the main character from the book im currently writing. I am very artistic but i cant get what i see in my head out there. I hope I can be a part of this humble community.