Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Civilization 5 (4,3,2,1)

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
hotseat game and you send the file each time you finish your turn to the next person

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
As far as I know hotseat is still available for multiplayer? But I assume this would work best for a 1v1?
You know what hot-seating actually is right?

Its like single players, but after each turn you play as a different account.
Basically like split-screen for strategy, since actual split-screen wouldn't work.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Oh well, if you guys can come up with any way at all to play multiplayer id be willing to give it a try ^_^

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Let me try to put my issue in one simple message, this got messy :3

I have a pirated copy of Civ 5 Brave New World (I cant pay for it, all im going to say). I have not set it up with any third party software like steam and I was wondering if there is still some possible way to play either online or just LAN? You mentioned hamachi, but wont I still have to go through the ingame multiplayer thing?
Sadly, not an option :/

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
I could never really play multiplayer. Every time I tried the host was just afk.
Me and my friend who also owns it were talking about playing together but not sure why, it didn't happened yet.
*Sends a text to the friend*

Anithola

Lord of Altera
People who pirate great games like civilization make me really sad.
To put it on the edge Im pretty sure downloading a pirated file isnt illegal, uploading it is. I dont have a credit card that can be used to buy things on the internet yet (Because im not 18) and my parents are very... against.. video games. Asking to borrow their card to buy something online simply wont happen, so I do what I can to keep doing what I like, playing video games. I realize that its morally wrong, but in the end, the company that produced the game doesnt actually lose any money, and I am a much happier soul ;)

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
To put it on the edge Im pretty sure downloading a pirated file isnt illegal, uploading it is.
No, both the distributing and downloading material that you don't have a license to distribute/download is illegal. People often compare pirating with sharing, but that would only be true if it was amongst a small group of people. To compare it to something, imagine you're buying prescription drugs from someone who doesn't have a license to sell these drugs. You're buying drugs that are legal, but neither you nor the distributor have the required paperwork.

Now, on the topic. I'm 90% sure there's no way to play a cracked version of Civ online. The only option you have is continually play single player or buy the game. I'm also pretty sure that you don't need a credit card to buy Civ V as there are surely hard copies sold at game stores.

-K9

Anithola

Lord of Altera
No, both the distributing and downloading material that you don't have a license to distribute/download is illegal. People often compare pirating with sharing, but that would only be true if it was amongst a small group of people.
Ahh okay, wasnt really sure ^_^

Now, on the topic. I'm 90% sure there's no way to play a cracked version of Civ online. The only option you have is continually play single player or buy the game. I'm also pretty sure that you don't need a credit card to buy Civ V as there are surely hard copies sold at game stores.
Oh well, single player it is then, thanks for looking into it though!

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Ahh okay, wasnt really sure ^_^

Oh well, single player it is then, thanks for looking into it though!
No worries, hopefully you somehow get the game soon enough, it'd be fun to see you playing!

-K9

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
As a programmer, I can tell you there is always a way unless the developers created something to specifically check for legitimacy. Even then, people often find a way around it.

Also for the record, I fail to see the problem with downloading overly successful games. Its illegal, of course, but the Developers have already made their profits, quite often more than the game cost + extra, and quite often pirates do buy games they think are worth actually paying for (Trust me, some games shouldn't be played even if you're getting paid to do it).
Indie games and those from less known/successful companies (who still make good games), I wouldn't pirate from because they actually need the money.

I'll get the game when I've got the money, see you all then!

Now... /rerail.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Well there is no question its crime. It is stealing intellectual property. However, its pretty much a victim-less crime. So essentially you have to ask yourself if you think stealing is bad because its morally wrong or because someone gets hurt.

Anyway, for legal reasons, wed prefer if talk of illegally obtained games and what not were kept to a minimum.