Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Civilization: Beyond Earth

snipero1

Lord of Altera
So, I heard this is a thing and I was wondering if anybody else is excited about or knows anything more than this: Modern society has collapsed in a thing only referred to as "The Great Mistake" and a new world order has arisen. You lead an expedition to find a home beyond earth. You can put out satellites to give you buffs or your enemies de-buffs. The tech tree is non- linear to "reflect progress into humanities' uncertain future." Instead of a race you choose from one of eight expedition sponsors which gives you a bonus. Also, one of the Affinities is Harmony, where you integrate your people into the alien environment. Apparently buildings and machines look more organic and the things that were scary at the start of the game (Miasma, aliens and giant worms) become your allies. You can get a siege worm... 'nuff said. However, you can also get the Purity tree, which is focused on preserving and glorifying humanity. They are more the "Brute strength" type with large, bulky exosuits and strong tanks equipped with hover tech. Supremacy is basically the robots and cybernetics affinity, which uses unit positioning as it's main strengths, with most units getting buffs for being with other units. You can also get a "lone wolf" upgrade, which gives buffs for being alone. Apparently they look much sleeker and efficient then the bulky Purity guys.

Last edited:

snipero1

Lord of Altera
That's what I thought! However, the affinity tree I think is like a tech tree that focus on different things, and there's 3 of them, talked about in the original post. I could be wrong though, so don't take my word for it.

snipero1

Lord of Altera
Found Some new info! Affinities aren't the tech tree, the tech tree starts at a central point, then lets you expand for a whole 360 degrees. It's not a tech tree, it's a tech web

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
That's all pretty old info, this game was showcased at E3.

-K9

snipero1

Lord of Altera
True, but not everyone would know what happened then, besides I'm interested to see what people think about it as well as having all the info in one place.

snipero1

Lord of Altera
Another thing! Before you start the game you you get to choose you "Passengers" A.K.A The people you are taking wiht you, and your cargo. I have no idea what kind of effect that will have but still, looking forward to it! Out of curiosity, What are you most excited about? (Other than the fact there's a new civ game.)

This game is coming out this week... for pc users. Mac users, well, you get punished for having a superior computer... ;)

Anyway, as soon as this game is on mac, I'll be playing it. I also play a lot of civ 5.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
This game is coming out this week... for pc users. Mac users, well, you get punished for having a superior computer... ;)

Anyway, as soon as this game is on mac, I'll be playing it. I also play a lot of civ 5.
you get punished for having a superior computer... ;)
superior computer... ;).
View attachment 54244

Anyway on a more serious note im excited to get this 1 year after launch during a steam sale for like 15 dollars.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
As I have a superior computer, I am playing it right now ;)

-K9

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
Do you actually ever finish a Civ 5 multiplayer match? A game on normal speed typically feels like an eternity...

SobekRa

Lord of Altera
Ok... I will give it a try since I typically play with around 16 players on normal speed. It is usually much more fun with more players :3

Gaby

Lord of Altera

seems like its time for me to download that "get a pc on a mac" software.
sci-fi civ? heck yea