Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Colbinile's Application [Approved - Snerus]

Colbinile

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Colbinile

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yeah

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information gained out of character in character to you or anyone else's advantage or disadvantage. Powergaming is forcing actions on others without giving them time to respond, but can also be interpreted as being extremely powerful and doing things that are unrealistic when compared with the standards of a server.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Snerus

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am 18 years old. I live on the west coast. I did a lot of Minecraft RP back in 2011 and ended up making my own servers that were pretty successful. From there I hung up my RPness and decided to focus on school. That was a bummer and now that I'm done I wanted to try some new and old things and see where my interests lie and how I will progress towards my future.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Ruukasu
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Denivire Stillgrain

Character Age:

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
Standing at 3'7", this halfling is nothing of note. His bright yellow tunic and fancy green cloak and belt buckle are his most standout features and may belie those who expect the rest of Denivire to be something more than a plain face tanned slightly by the sun and brown eyes with wavy and rugged brown hair that runs to about halfway down his neck. Also, he's got a lighter yellow hue for his pants!

Written Test!

Denivire of the humble Stillgrains, named for the consistency of their wheat on their modest farm. The Stillgrains have been around as long as there has been good Altera to till and the tools to do so -and that has been a very long time. Always willing to feed those in need, Denivire's parents taught him about morals and doing the right thing, but Denivire was a bit of a problem child. Constantly getting lost in the large green fields and hills where flowers of all colors braved the seasons with a might unmatched by any who would ever walk this place. As he was perched above a relatively steep hill he looked far across the borders imposed by his parents, past clouds that hid a rising sun and mountain peaks never before seen by a halfling. The legacy of great halflings was few and far between and accomplished nothing of much concern to those outside of halfling villages where they lay their legends. No halfling scaled the mountains, dashing snow from his forehead as sweat froze before it collapsed into the snow. Denivire sought something greater than himself even. To him, dreams must be unreachable - they must be the truest form of a dream; so far from imagination that he found it almost impossible. That day when he realized how far his aspirations reached he shut his mouth and it stayed shut.

Slowly, those adventurous habits were reduced to afterthoughts saved for bedtime when the back breaking work of maintaining the ever growing and efficient Stillgrain farm. It was 4 years after his celebration of maturity that he consulted his parents about the difficulty of living a lie and how he could no longer be bound by the land so many Stillgrains worked. To Denivire's surprise, they berated him for being so irresponsible and showing a shocking amount of selfishness in his proposal to move on and become an adventurer. All Stillgrains slept that night uneasily save for one 20 year old halfling with too much to live for. He packed his bags and headed out upon the great hill, taking a small gold coin that his family won in the local grain competition - a reminder of who he was and something to ground him when times became tough. Upon that same hill he realized his dream 11 years ago Denivire stood a proud halfling and as the moon sat centered in the sky right above his head he could see farther than ever before. The mountains were snow-capped and the plains below were waving back and forth with the cold night winds. It was a mesmerizing display, a taste of things to come and the beginning of a humble Stillgrain and his place in the world.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Superb work. Excellently done indeed with your application.

I'd like to quickly remind you that you'll need to use a skin that is appropriate for the realm of our server, being both thematically appropriate and lore-friendly.

Of course, besides that, your application looks absolutely pristine!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.