Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Compendium] The Archive

THE-ARCHIVE(4).png

Overview.png
The Archive at Compendium is dedicated to preserving and protecting the lore, treasures, and history of Altera. The Archive is home to the largest collection of books known to the Alterans and features books from the library in Port Silver, the Grand Library of Thiil, and the Tambry Library. The Archive also houses a vast collection of artifacts, relics, rarities, treasures, and oddities from around Altera, displayed in the various exhibits found throughout the building. The Archive also has a cartographer's room, which displays maps from worlds old and new. The aforementioned exhibits periodically change and new books are frequently added, so be sure to stop by as often as you would like.

The Archive may be a new construct, but it is founded on the same legacy that drove the first caretakers of Compendium, Edric Stone and Athryl Mithtanil, which is an effort to collect and preserve the history of mortalkind. Edric and Athryl worked together to save the tomes and artifacts from the village of Thiil in the Northern Kingdoms and transplanted them to The Athenaeum. With what wealth that was left from the long dead House Mithtanil, the Caretakers oversaw the creation of the new world's first home to the world's collective knowledge.

Morgan Cerendor then became the Caretaker of Compendium and ordered the construction of the Archive to house the original collection plus the collection from the great city of Tambry-Upon-Tam as preserved and donated by the now defunct House Stirling.

The-Collection(1).png
The Archive currently has a lot of unique books, the full list of which can be found here with more on the way. The Archive is a great place to learn about numerous subjects and features public and private study rooms. Books are organized into the following categories:

+ Flora and Fauna
+ Science and Studies
+ Geography
+ Alchemy
+ Magic and Monsters
+ Races and Culture
+ Languages
+ Histories
+ Religion
+ Journals and Records
+ Alteran Gazette
+ Letters
+ Songs and Poetry
+ Fiction
+ Combat
+ Skills and Crafting
+ Misc.

[Note: Books are kept in chests in the halls next to the exhibit rooms now--please speak to Antilogy to get added to the region]

The-Exhibits.png
The artifacts, relics, rarities, treasures, and oddities are displayed in exhibits located in the wings on the main floor. The Curator(s) of the Archive will periodically update the exhibits. If you are interested in curating an exhibit, contact Morgan Cerendor [Antilogy] The following are the current exhibits:

+ Blades Through the Ages
+ Armor Galore
+ Bow to the Master
+ Jewels and Treasures
+Let's Get Kraken

The-Map-Room.png
Located on the left-hand side of the second floor, the map room houses a collection of maps from worlds old and new. Here is a current list of maps:
+ Sorrows Town
+ Outside Tambry
+ Compendium
+ Stormhold
+ Darkhaven
+ Grafjell
+ Old Thiil
+ Le Havre
+ Novus Harlaus
+ Unknown (help us identify it!) x2
+ Desert Expedition Map
+ Unknown Desert Town (help us identify it!)
+ Skiadro
+ Renatus
+ The Crossroads
+ Wolfstadt
+ Port Silver
+ Northwest Portion of Port Silver Continent

Contributions.png
The Archive is dedicated to the idea that the lore, history, and legacy of Altera should be preserved, protected, and respected. To continue to provide this service, the Curator(s) are asking for your support. You can help us grow the collection by donating books, artifacts, relics, rarities, treasures, oddities, maps, artwork. We will be grateful for any support and are particularly interested in things that have historical significance, meaning, and/or value. You can also indirectly support us by contributing radiants and build materials. Finally, we are looking for resident scribes, tutors, and archivists.

Also, the Archives are a WIP. Please don't mind our construction.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Location.png

The Archive is at Compendium in the Athenaeum. One inside the building, walk straight through the big doors in front of you.

Rules.png
The following rules will be enforced OOCly and therefore also have IC counterparts:
  • Do not remove anything that belongs in the Archive from the Archive without permission from Antilogy
  • Do not make copies of anything that belongs in the Archive without permission from Antilogy
  • Please put books back in the chest where you found them. If you don't know where it goes, put it in the drop chest by the door.
  • Do not turn things in item frames
    Respect IC/OOC spaces. I.E. don't RP in ooc space, don't barge into locked areas with keys, et cetera.
  • Antilogy reserves the right to add rules as he sees fit.

FAQ.png
  • How do I donate a book/item?
    Seek out Morgan Cerendor [Antilogy] In-Game or bring it to the Athenaeum, where there is an OOC donation hopper. The hopper is to the right as you enter.
  • Why aren't there any books on ________?
    The short answer? Probably because no one has written it yet. Why don't you be the first and write about __________?
  • But really though. Why do you have any books on alchemy?
    The Alchemy guild is inactive. I don't know which books are accurate and which are not, so I've put them out. Use them well.
  • Does the library sell books?
    Nope. Sorry! Hit up /ch t.

Events.png
The Archive is open for hosting events. There will be events put on by the Curators as well as those held by its guests. Please, no violent events. If you want to host an event at the Archive, contact Antilogy.

There are currently no scheduled events. However, there is a Scrivener's Ball and Awards Banquet in the works!

Membership.png
The Archive has a membership program. The membership program is to help get you access to our books as well as provide a gentle incentive to support us. Use the membership application below to tell me to give you perms in Compendium. The ranks are as follows:

Curator- Self Explanatory
  • Morgan Cerendor (Antilogy)
Benefactor- (Large Donation) Patron plus personal thank you in game and more perks to be revealed later
Patron- (Small Donation) Name on this page and in game.
Member- (Free) You can pull books off the shelf and use private study rooms.
Guest- (Free) You may browse as you please, but you cannot pull books off the shelf (due to permissions)
  • Everyone who isn't one of the other ranks
Blacklisted- If you find yourself blacklisted, you are not allowed to use the Archive whatsoever

Membership Application:
Character Name (Username)
Desired Rank:
Donation (if applicable-- can be of whatever type you want):

Sample:
Morgan Cerendor (Antilogy)
Donation: 100 billion radiants

Credits.png

IceandFire - Borrowed Graphics and Layout from Old Thiil Library Post
Niah - Borrowing Graphics and fonts--her selling Compendium to me
Firegirl sorting books, thank you!
Archbishop Building help
Hai_Paladin Building help
The Tottot You know what you did
ptiber - small donation of things, thanks man

Updated! (also reserving another one just in case. I have a lot more plans for this thread)

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
IGN: Heie
Character Name: Kethron Dramaign
Desired Rank: Member
Donation: Has a small collection of books that i didn't see on spread sheet. Also has a few books on research he has written and a more in depth book currently in the works. Will donate these over time through RP.

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
Glad to see my graphics still being used. Probably the longest lasting graphics I've made.

IGN: Heie
Character Name: Kethron Dramaign
Donation: Has a small collection of books that i didn't see on spread sheet. Also has a few books on research he has written and a more in depth book currently in the works. Will donate these over time through RP.
You now have perms. Welcome, enjoy the Archive. I'm also very interested in Rping with you.

Glad to see my graphics still being used. Probably the longest lasting graphics I've made.
They're amazing!

The Archive is closed for the time being while we continue to sort the assets. I probably won't be available for RP while we address the problem, and I'm super busy irl anyway so I won't be on that much anyway.

The Archive has reopened. You may notice a few less books on the shelves. People are working hard to restore them. If you have a collection of books and think you might have one that we are missing, please let me know. I will pay well for it, at this point.

ICly, you can say that the books were misplaced during the various times they have been moved.

The same ban on taking books out of the Archive and ban on copying books exists. Please respect the rules.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Membership Application:
Character Name Thôrdil Bárúmur (Jasper151627237)
Desired Rank: Member (or whatever the donation would classify him as)
Donation: Could provide for the jewelry, armour and blades exhibits.

I have readded the list of books. We are now missing a few more than we were. If you happen to have any of our missing books or any books/maps/artifacts we don't have, please consider donating/selling to us.

Milren Wexridge (PurpleSweetTart)
Membership Application:
Character Name Thôrdil Bárúmur (Jasper151627237)
Desired Rank: Member (or whatever the donation would classify him as)
Donation: Could provide for the jewelry, armour and blades exhibits.
Welcome to you both. Donator ranks can be added as the donations are made!

LePancake

Loyal Servant of Altera
Membership Application:
Character Name (Username) Brill Vahn (RavingPancake)
Donation (if applicable-- can be of whatever type you want): N/A

Shao

Bring back angry react
Membership Application:
Character Name: Ventare Seymour (ShaolinPunk)
Donation (if applicable-- can be of whatever type you want): N/A

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lore Staff
Lover
Hero
Staff
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
Character Name: Iskvandar A. Alighieri (Vinsintius)
Donation: N/A

Added a new exhibit called "Let's Get Kraken" as well as about 5 new books, including two about the Kraken. If anybody else who went on the Kraken adventure is willing to donate or sell RP items to Compendium, do let me know and let's RP it out!

Character Name: Iskvandar A. Alighieri (Vinsintius)
Donation: N/A
Welcome!