Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[concept] Pioneer-RP

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Good day!

This thread is a small introduction / discussion with as goal to see if people are interested in it. It is similar to the thread I made about colony-rp [link <- if you don't know what I'm talking about], before I started the colony. So should it turn out there are enough enthusiasts, I'll take the next step to try and make it reality / prototype it.

This idea could be called the 'evolution' of the colony-rp [link <- if you don't know what I'm talking about] The concept remains somewhat the same: you have to emote everything out and when doing something you have not done many times before, your luck is based on the luck as it would be irl, using dice rolls. You need to properly RP to get anything done within the region, including building and getting food. But now we add things to the concept.

I was thinking: pioneering in very hostile area's, like:
- a tiny island on the ocean
- amidst cold and snow (near a glacier?)
- on bare rock or near lava.

Bottom-line: Giving the colonists a true challenge. Trying to survive harsh situations with a more real threat of undernourishment / disease / wild animals. Yet with an honest chance to stay alive.

My preference goes out to the ocean, becoming in the end totally adapted to the ocean climate, basing a society on fishing and dealing with ocean-predators.

Do comment or reply on this idea if you have things to add about what more we could do / what less / etc. I'd like a good brainstorm about this idea to see if it's worth to set up! Also feel free to ask questions.

tags:
Harsh Survival - Emote RP - Risk-Reward RP - Nature's Influence - Dice-Rolls - DM

Last edited: