Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Constructive Criticism - Exploration Phase

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
And if one person organizes a party hearing they are looking for the stones, others will form. a race to claim them first. I would be honored to say, "I brought back the gem and saved the Pantheon" granted he is telling the truth.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Hypothetical Speculation, since I was asked, not much different, just a minor tweak to make most expeditions worthwhile in some degree.
You make the spooky stuff give a very cryptic riddle pointing at multiple possible locations, each of which contains /part/ of the information required to find, and navigate, each of the remaining locations, requiring separate expeditions to work together to make everything come together, or else folks are just off spinning on their own.
How do we know the "spooky stuff" wants to help people find the bastion stones? Sure doesn't seem that way to me. For all we know the spooky stuff might've been made by someone to either KEEP the bastion stones from being used, or could be a protection of the stones themselves. The only reasons I can see the spooky stuff doing what they did AND giving clues as to where to find stuff, are either that someone else is trying to get all the stones for more nefarious moustache twirling reasons, someone doesn't want the gods back, or it could even be Jishrim because the idea of the stuff trying to kill you for grabbing a thing AND THEN telling you where to find the other things is a bit crazy...That's Wizard101-esque plot there.

I've made some clarifications to the Altera Alive thread in an attempt to remove some confusion. The restrictions that some speak of were merely Clain's IC restrictions. Players are, as always, open to explore the map however and whenever they want, so long as it is reasonable.

Some people were treating Clain's IC restrictions as rules, so to remove the confusion we're removing the IC restrictions altogether. As such, parties may now explore whatever is reasonable, can explore more than once, and can explore in more than one district. Players will treat the thread as guidelines to provide staff with notice of the exploration. The incentive for doing so is that staff will attempt to make sure each one is "interesting" even if they don't find a Bastion. Staff will also supply a DM.

It was never our intention to force people to do anything and I'm sorry it came across that way. It was also never our intention to prevent player led "sweeps." We will do the best we can to accommodate every reasonable action.

I'd encourage you to go back and read the edits I've made to Altera Alive; I think some of the confusion is cleared up and some of your worries will be alleviated.