Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cool, Weird Graphic Novels (and comics I guess)

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
Recently, I picked up volume one in a series called 'Monstress', and its fantastic. It takes a little while, and maybe a second read-through, to fully understand what's going on, but the artwork and storytelling are a beautiful mix of western and eastern styles.

One thing that you may notice (although I didn't until I was told about it) is that most of the central plot characters are female. This was a choice made by the creator to give more rounded representation to female characters, rather than just a small number of cliches that are generally used in stories like this. Here's an article that explains it better than I can: http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/why-the-bloody-comic-monstress-forgoes-men.html

I don't want to share any of the art or story, simply because its a good visual surprise, but if you want you can obviously go on google and look some of that stuff up. In general terms, it is a steampunk fantasy epic.

Anyway, reading that made me want to read other, beautiful, weird, less well-known stuff.

So this is a thread where people can share stuff like that.

Go ahead.

Post something cool.

Do it.

Last edited:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Does Homestuck count? The guy Im dating doesnt know about so that makes it not well-known

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
Does Homestuck count? The guy Im dating doesnt know about so that makes it not well-known
I actually have no idea what homestuck is despite having vaguely heard about it so I have no idea if this is a joke or not

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I actually have no idea what homestuck is despite having vaguely heard about it so I have no idea if this is a joke or not
It's a kinda well known(online well known, not per say like a dc/marvel comic irl well known) webcomic

Spooksy_

Lord of Altera
Legend
malaoka
malaoka
Legend
I changed the rules because they are dumb and I am intrigued
hh its this thing called petshop of horrors, and i found it in this one library when i was a kiddo and i never saw it again
i actually asked several libraries about it but nobody had the series

because you posted this i looked it up and i found a website that has the translated version which is p cool