Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

cosmicunicornxx's Whitelist Application! [Accepted - Jase]

imkindahungry

Villager
The Whitelist Application Form:

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?

cosmicunicornxx

2. How old are you
?
seventeen years old

3. What country are you from?
The United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yep!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information gained out-of-character to benefit a person in-character.
Powergaming is the unrealistic use of your physical, mental, or magical ability to have an unfair advantage against another character.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I hate talking about myself xD. I'm pretty awkward around new people, if I'm being honest, which is going to be challenging since this is a roleplay server, where everyone is a stranger to me. I love to write, and I have roleplayed in the past; just nothing minecraft-based, but I want to get into minecraft roleplay. It just seems like it'll be a lot more interesting than my usual style of internet-based roleplay.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I don't have anything. Sorry!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Google is my best friend. I was literally looking for medieval minecraft servers via google.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Davya Grewal

Character Age:
24 years old

Character Race:
Human ; Sangrian descent

Appearance:
She's pretty tan, having been from the southern portion of the Sangrian kingdom. Her eyes are the common icy-blue, with hints of turquoise as well. Her hair is a very dark brown, and it is kept somewhat short, falling a few centimeters over her shoulders. Her clothing is kept simple, and she often wears neutral colored dresses.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I dont have a picture, so I hope her appearance is described pretty well!

Written Test!

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

The streets were crowded and filled with busy people. Devya couldn't tell if they were citizens, or simply just wanderers. However, they were people all the same, and people often had money, or items. Her fingers itched, and she knew why; the feeling wasn't completely foreign. And when a particularly wealthy man walked by, she wanted nothing more than to reach out and snatch the beaded bracelet he wore around his wrist. She was a known thief in her old place of residence, but she had to be careful. She was in new territory now.

She remembered when she first made the decision to leave her last city. She’d desperately wanted a prosperous life, which she wasn’t receiving before she left. She longed, and still longs for, a life filled with riches; jewels, silk clothes, large houses. You name it, she wants it. So, she packed up and left, without a single goodbye to anyone.

However, it seemed to be a lot harder than she imagined. The money wasn’t falling into her pockets. Heck, she couldn’t get a single job! Her dreams were shattered. Until, in a desperate attempt to get some money, she stole something, and actually got away with it.

That’s when she knew that, until she could get a stable job, thieving would be her source of income. Luckily, her good looks and sweet attitude would make the perfect disguise.

In this new city, she managed to last longer than she’d expected without stealing. But old habits die hard. So when an innocent man had his attention directed elsewhere, she reached out, fingers subtly slipping into his pocket. She grabbed what she wanted, before she calmly walked away.

Opening her palm, she couldn’t help but grin: she’d managed to snatch a few Radiants. But she, unfortunately, didn’t get away unnoticed.

“Stop, thief!” Someone bellowed from behind her. Shocked, and kind of scared, she broke into a run, kicking up dust behind her. She definitely didn’t stop. People jumped out of her way and, against her better judgement, she turned her head, trying to peek over her shoulder.

There were only a few people chasing her. She felt triumphant, knowing that they were older, and probably no match for her young agility.

Turning back around, she couldn’t stop herself from letting a terrified squeak escape her lips as a man came barreling towards her. In an attempt to escape his reaching grasp, she twisted, managing to fall right over the bridge she’d been on, landing in the water below.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Ooooh! Really good stuff here! Unfortunately, there is one thing I am going to have to ask you to take another look at before I can whitelist you!
  • Your power-gaming definition is close but not quite right. You can find the definition for reference [here].
Let me know when you have made the appropriate changes and I will take another look!

imkindahungry

Villager
Ooooh! Really good stuff here! Unfortunately, there is one thing I am going to have to ask you to take another look at before I can whitelist you!
  • Your power-gaming definition is close but not quite right. You can find the definition for reference [here].
Let me know when you have made the appropriate changes and I will take another look!

Powergaming: Not only is it the use of unrealistic abilities, but it's also the use of power-phrases, or not giving another person a chance to defend themselves, and it removes the other person's ability to make a choice of action for their character.

I hope this is right? :D

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Cool beans! That sounds about right! Therefore without further ado-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

imkindahungry

Villager
Cool beans! That sounds about right! Therefore without further ado-

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.
thank you!!!