Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

cuddly_kitteh's application [Approved - Charybdis]

cuddly_kittehs

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
cuddly_kittehs.
I know, same as my username here. I like it to be consistent, to make identification...easier.

2. How old are you?
One more birthday till I can drink.

3. What country are you from?
United states, baby!
Now, you might notice I didn't capitalize my 's'.
There's...a problem with my keyboard.
I actually have to copy paste 's'. I can't capitalize it.
Telling you now, it will really make my application look strange.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes. I will likely continue to investigate it, as my memory isn't the best and I prefer to stay on the safe side.
I like to respect the rules of any community I join. I only let things slide when they disadvantage me...when it hurts someone else?
Can't stand it.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
a. Meta-gaming is the use of out-of-game knowledge in-game. Imagine...playing dungeons and dragons.
Your character is faced with a golden dragon and is not afraid. Your character tells the party to trust it.
"But why", asks the party, as the DM gives you a look of pure contempt,"How would you know?".
The character couldn't tell you! (at least in this case)
Your character would not know that golden dragons are good by default. That is only known to you, the player, from your monster book.
By doing this, you are meta-gaming.

b. Power-Gaming
Its a hard one to describe, but it can be best related to godmoding(the term I'm more familiar with for this, but does not properly describe this lesser form of poor role-play behavior). To power-game is to posses the "main protagonist" conveniences that always appear to give you what you need when the going gets rough. It could be that you steal control from another player, you could have a weapon you really shouldn't have, or you could have NPCs that help you. It is close bedfellows with Meta-Gaming, as often power-gaming is the vehicle by which Meta-Gaming is attempted.
Its making he world bend to your will, but in a more subtle way that makes it seem less abusive than the aforementioned godmoding.

It turns a role-play into a traditional piece of fiction, which I feel completely kills the fun that can be found in playing a lower-end player in a overarching tale.

And, of course, it is disallowed on this server.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Of course not. What is this, 2b2t? Even most anarchy servers are more pure vanilla than cheating servers.
Its one of those things you wouldn't need to check the rules to know, like spamming and advertising.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Of course, make sure I checked that. How about...you!
Charybdis...
OH! A leviathan from Greek myth! Clever, clever! Hadn't heard of that one before, had to google it.
But that wording just screamed,"That's a mythological reference".

8. Tell us about yourself!
Thankfully, my nickname is common, and won't give away my real life identity. I'm Angel. spend most of my free time reading, gaming(not specifically minecraft, mind you), and enjoying the wild creatures around my home. surprisingly, the desert is quite a alive. The snakes are so cute...and deadly. All rattlers, what a shame. I know why you asked this, anyway. Make sure I'm a real person that's not coming in to ruin some good old fashion fun. You know, there's this other hobby I have that I haven't gotten to do yet, and you might have picked up on it by now. Dungeons and Dragons! Honestly, no one lives around here to play it.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
sadly, it appears I lost my last build images. They were my only large builds, how unfortunate. All I have left is a skin I had made for that roleplay server.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Honestly, and this is really silly, I found this server while googling,"Minecraft server slave" because I was bored and wanted to play as another player's slave. I've decided on a new route, though I wouldn't be very against(out-of-character, of course!) being captured and enslaved.

Character Name: Firnelda Yates
f-er-n-l-dah yae-ss

Character Age: 25

Character Race: Human

Appearance: Lets just bullet it, its fairly generic stuff. I put more value in interaction than this.
  • female
  • ambiguous looking
  • average height, slightly underweight
  • short brown hair
  • green eyes
  • always adorned in common travelling garb, clearly frequently repaired
  • small coinage and book satchel over her shoulder. They have a low holding capacity.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I have to warn you right now, I cannot alter my skin. Thanks to the switch-over to the new main minecraft site, I can't change it. I'm stuck forever...looking like sans.
This is my fate.
God help me.

Written Test!
A strong wind blew her hair back, as shining light breached a ebony sky. "What other color would it be," wondered Finilda absent-mindedly, as she twirled her quill. Her poor ramshackle 'shelter' shook violently from the fierce Winterfeast winds, the very same that took her quill from her. Again. she wasn't particularly bothered by it, she had kept a fair bit of them on hand, lest Winterfeast take them all. It was only then she realized that the scornful month had finally gotten her, having destroyed her home from that night. she didn't give it the attention the concept presumably may have desired, had it been sapient. she merely put away her travel log and inkwell, and went over to put away what remained of her resting place. It was time to move on, anyway. she couldn't be a cheapskate until the warm heat of springrise, or at least, the weakness of floodlock. As she packed, the thought of a warm bed(at the cost of her savings) and a meal that wasn't scavenged was inviting. Even more of a positive thought, she noted, was if she had not risen from cold winds, she would have lost her toes to the frost after. With the last of her things either poorly contained within her over-strained and bulging satchel, or strapped across her back, she gave a thanks to shalherana.

It was a slow walk, and in all honesty, she hadn't a clue where she was meant to go. Normally, this wouldn't matter. Unfortunately, she did have a limit, and she knew it well. she'd needed healing the last time she was caught out on a cold night. she didn't want to regrow anything, ever again. It really wasn't worth what little she held onto or what sights she could see at such a time. she wanted so much to stop walking, to open her book and check it. Give it another once over, just in case. Not every detail could be kept to memory, especially not one as weak as hers, and she put the upmost pride in the detail of her journal. There was so much to be known, and there was much no one ever heard of. It was a shame, yet reasonable, that most would not make it into any official documentation, or even a collection of folklore. Yet, many events, many ruins, many places, many peoples...their stories deserved to be known, if only in a simple personal piece that she would likely only ever rescribe for her friends...or the people that would pay her. she did need funds to live, unfortunately. In some petty way, she almost felt like it should be kept to only those who actually cared to know, not those who browsed for it. Yet..yet...

her thoughts trailed off as she nearly walked into a building.

Edit notes:
  • Edited power-gaming to be more in-line with the site definition, I over-dressed it in the original version. I was sad to edit it, I liked my original, but I felt it didn't correctly describe the term. This one feels more like it was copied from your description, but in all honesty the term is just hard to describe, even If I understand the principle.
  • Edited out use of Alterna, even though it was addressed properly (as the planet itself), I felt the name-drop wasn't natural.
  • Edited out leftovers of the template. Oops.
  • Re-Edited in the orginal power-gaming and changed some lines/added some to make it more proper. I couldn't kill it, I loved it too much.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello, your application looks all good! I think you uploaded the wrong skin however, but besides that you have a pretty pristine application.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+

cuddly_kittehs

Villager
H-Holy shit, awesome! I was actually ready to be disproved and do more edits! Thanks! I'll be reading through this and will likely go on the server tomorrow! :D

I'm surprised I missed the alert yesterday, codda' sworn I did my nightly check.