Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DarkWolf's Application [Approved-Ayda]

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
1. What is your Minecraft username?
SewSassy

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when information learned OOC is used IC in order to influence yours or someone else's actions.
Powergaming is when you force your IC actions upon someone else without offering a chance to retaliate or respond in the manner that would be appropriate for the interaction.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Alex, and I play many games online and have for over a decade of my life- If you name an MMO I've likely at least tried it! My profession in real life is a painter, and I am also currently a college student studying art with a specialization in painting. I'm really into pop music and have an avid interest in voice acting, though my passion lies primarily in art, as stated above. I've found myself following some T.V. shows such as Steven Universe, Orange is the New Black, The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and likely a few more on Netflix that escape me at the moment! A few of my favorite artists, both musical and physical, are Years & Years, Marina, Jackson Pollock, the inimitable Bob Ross of course, The Memphis Group, and again probably some others that I can't recall at this time.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
This is a link to one of my previous contributions (The earliest I could find through a quick skim) to the server: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/house-evervesque.32575/#post-535769
Here are a few of my paintings (They are indeed abstract and I understand are not for everyone, but as long as it elicits any sort of emotion, I consider it a success!):

These are some images of two of the most recent things I've built on Minecraft:

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I honestly can't remember! I've been here for far too long, haha. An educated guess would probably suggest PlanetMinecraft.

About Your Character!:

Character Name
:
Faen Faune

Character Age:
22 (Human years)

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
Dark green eyes, hair like that of a brown bear's pelt that reaches his neck; certainly a bit young looking for his age, not aided by his slightly shorter-than-average stature. Just below-average in muscle build, a bit on the thinner side, and clothes made from what was readily available: green and brown wool. His shoes are made of leather, if a bit rough in craftsmanship. Equipped with ears that are just about average in size which support his glasses, which he received from his grandfather before he passed from old age. The glasses serve little-to-no utilitarian purpose but are only kept on his person due to sentimental value. On his right arm is a small bracelet surrounding his wrist, fashioned from twigs that fell from various trees.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Whoosh! Crack! Thump!

"What in the realm was that?" he alarmed, exiting his small but cozy hovel. "That thump- was that the winds again?" Faen questioned as his eyes peered into the tight canopy above, unconsciously placing a hand on the glasses perched atop his head whilst his eyes danced across the unforgiving treetops. "Huh.." he whispered to himself, his dark green eyes shifting his gaze downwards and eventually towards what he assumed was the cause of the short bit of commotion, "Gods' blessing I wasn't out for my morning stroll! I'd have been maimed, yet!"

Clad in rough but sturdy leather, his feet carried him towards the hefty branch almost strategically, as to not add more disturbance to the cacophony of morning wildlife. Upon approaching the large wooden shard of now-debris, his previous inquiry was swiftly answered; he was correct. "The recent storms must have weakened this branch... I hope. It's certainly too large of a limb to be simply misplaced by the wind!" Faen investigated the evidence laying before him, his fingers gently but firmly caressing the torn bark at it's base. Curiosity getting the better of him, as usual, "I wonder if I can re-purpose this somehow.." he wondered, "There's no reason to let nature reclaim it all, especially-" he stopped, his sight fixed on a twig fastened to the branch. The twig was curved into a quarter-circle under the weight of the sizable bough, presumably due to the force of the fall. Faen's mind connected the dots almost immediately mid-thought, "Especially when I could make something beautiful!"

In his head, Faen was a master of fashioning rudimentary materials into the most extravagant of jewelry; an expert in the fine art of crafting- but in reality, he was very much still a novice. That never stopped him, though, as his adventures were always fruitful- the pockets of his overalls consistently bulging at the seams with items, and his head: ideas.

"With just a number of these little twigs, I could easily make a stunning necklace! Or even, a bracelet! Yes! A bracelet!" he bubbled with inspiration, "Then I'll never forget the time I could have been maimed by a tree branch!.. Though I should probably keep the story to myself.. heh" he admitted to himself upon evaluating what he had just exclaimed.

Quickly but carefully snapping the small twigs from the larger wood, he filled his hands and soon the insides of his minute woolen-pockets were riddled with pieces of the recently-felled branch. "These will be absolutely perfect!"

~To be continued

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Well well well! Now THIS is a name I've not seen in quite some time. Welcome back! It seems we have a lot to catch up on. :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+