Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Dates] & Event Thread Creation

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Suggested Event Thread Formatting
[Event Thread Titles]
There's often scheduling conflicts with many events, players double-booking days. It's also really hard to see which events are on what days.

So. Suggestion!

When you make a thread, in the title, put the event date so that it's easily viewable from the forum thread. Easy to know when you're event is, and easy to not double-book. There are so many threads, some that haven't been bumped recently if the event is like a month away. Leads to confusion.

Example Thread Titles:

[Aug 14th] Festival of Suggestions
[Date TBA] Dance of Indecision
[10-4-2019] Oracle Convention
[Sep 6-9th] The Days of Many Days Feast

You get the idea. I will try to implement this for any future threads I do, but it would be great to see this put into use by other folks as well!

It's also a good idea because titles CAN be edited once dates are set, or if the dates change.

[Event Thread Body Post]
Be sure to include at lest the basic information in an easily readable format!

Name:
Date:
Time: (Be sure to include your time zone)
Event Description:

Feel free to spice it up and add flavor texts, but at least the information above should be in it somewhere, and accessible to folks potentially attending.~

Last edited by a moderator:

Halendar

Lord of Altera
I agree. This would make events much easier to organize. I will also follow this should I ever plan an event.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I would only recommend that you use the following [ Aug 3] method of notation to the thread itself instead of numbers like [8-3-15] since it could cause confusion between the highly superior if confusing American system, and the easier to understand if inferior European method which would I believe follow [3-8-15]. ;)

Seriously though good idea, mine is merely to help reduce confusion among our multinational playerbase. Also the year is superfluous as everyone should be able to deduce what year you're referring to. Unless it's January of 2016 and you're setting an event up for February of 2018 I don't see the need for year tags.

Short version. I like this idea and will follow it in any future events I make. My suggestion is simply to improve upon it.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I would only recommend that you use the following [ Aug 3] method of notation to the thread itself instead of numbers like [8-3-15] since it could cause confusion between the highly superior if confusing American system, and the easier to understand if inferior European method which would I believe follow [3-8-15]. ;)

Seriously though good idea, mine is merely to help reduce confusion among our multinational playerbase. Also the year is superfluous as everyone should be able to deduce what year you're referring to. Unless it's January of 2016 and you're setting an event up for February of 2018 I don't see the need for year tags.

Short version. I like this idea and will follow it in any future events I make. My suggestion is simply to improve upon it.
Mn. The one I listed with the year was 2019. Potentially useful in the December/January time frame. But confusion potential with the pesky calendar differences yes.

But yay for adopting it! :D

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Mn. The one I listed with the year was 2019. Potentially useful in the December/January time frame. But confusion potential with the pesky calendar differences yes.

But yay for adopting it! :D
If its December and the day of the event thread says [Feb 7] I hope the folks around here are bright enough to figure out its after new years. Assume its the closest possible time to present as is realistic, if you create even more than a year ahead of time well it better be a hell of an event and deserves special treatment anyway I'd say.

In before someone goes out and creates an event four years int he future just to spite me.

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
My formatting has been very similar to this, but I will be adding the dates to my titles in the future :)

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I'm bumping this just because it makes life easier to scroll through the events forum and being able to see what is when

kthnx :heart:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
I agree, putting the dates on the event titles helps so much when looking for events to attend and also creating your own event. Otherwise you gotta click there half a dozen just to see what day it's been hosted when a simple [July 4th] makes it easily visible.