Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DayZ Standalone

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
And it's live! DayZ Standalone has came out today, and although it's unlikely I'll be buying it before Christmas, I'd like everyone who has bought it to comment their experiences as well as what you hope has been introduced. I must admit, DayZ standalone looks amazing. The graphics are great, and mixing Arma 2 and Arma 3 engines seem to have done the trick, although I won't judge fully until I see my FPS in Electro.

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
I bought it.
Fun

bt srsly

This game is amazing, everyone is a bit hostile at the moment and I've only ever killed one guy but that was because he refused to stop punching me :p

Even in early access alpha this game is...
tumblr_lr29r0xb1x1qc42hk.gif

But yeah, I've been wanting people to play with.

(Sorry if this is a necro :C)

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Course not! About time someone reminded me of this thread! :D

I actually have it too now. My experience varies from yours. I met couple of people who were pretty friendly. I usually get a chat going and stuff before we set off our own ways. My biggest issue was my first death, when I clipped outside a hospital and fell to death :/

But the Standalone is a huge improvement from the mod. I admit, it works pretty great, even though it's clear that the game is currently in very early stages.

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
I got hit by a zombie quite early on in my first life and it made me greyscreen. I survived a good 4 days of real time searching for someone with the right blood type until a zombie clipped into the corner I was hiding and killed me while i was eating cereal :(

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
Might have a go at this. Quite fancy wandering off into a forest, finding a nice view and then promptly getting shot in the back, again... :D

- Boulder

Bean/Benijim

Loyal Servant of Altera
Just got attacked by a guy using his fists when I obviously had a pipe wrench on my back...
Beat him a bit but I let him go.

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
Seeing as it is in Alpha, and is extremely buggy.
I'm buying it now, before the price rises. :D ( And to support the devs. ) Really can't wait to see what the final product will be like. ;-;

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
I just want them to have a singleplayer in it like that had in ZombieU. or for someone to mod it into daiyz

Spark

Broken
I was strolling through Berezino, minding my own business. I only had a shovel and some food and drink, when suddenly 4 men came out if an alley, wielding mosins demanding to put my hands up. Naturally having no chance again them, I did as they asked. That was when their true intentions came to light. They asked me to remove my trowsers. Again, I did as they said but then they handcuffed me. One of them then removes their own trowsers and comes over to me, whispers "open wide". Now I was scared. He then force feeds me a rotten banana. >.>. They then uncuffed me, took my shovel then left.

About 15 minutes later I am running through the forest near klen, hoping to reach the airfield. When I see 4 guys huddled around someones dead body. I use the trees, moving from cover to cover. I then get close enough to loot the dead body, take an M4 and one clip, the mow them down. I killed them all. After spending a long time looting all their gear making sure I got the best bits, I see an unarmed man running to me. In a thick Russian accent he screams that he is friendly, so I ask him if he wants any loot from the bodies. He says no and just sits down. I find this a little strange but I assume he is friendly. I then tell him that ill drop him some food, then as I open my inventory, he gets up and punches me in the face. I am then dead a few seconds later.

/sigh
Never trust a Russian in DayZ. Thats not discrimination, it's fact.

I love DayZ, the thrill of being in a gunfight is better than any other game. The risk of losing everything you have been scavenging for.

Player interaction is my favourite part of the game. Whether it is holding people up, sharing a can of beans with a fellow survivor or getting violated with a banana.

The only criticisms I have of the alpha is the constant hunger and thirst (What you need 20 meals a day now and 6 litres of water?) and the accuracy of the guns. Even lying down, breathing slowly with a prestine M4 and prestine ammo it is so inaccurate. I would blame my own aim if I hadn't played DayZ for around 1000 hours.
But these will all be improved as the game develops.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I was strolling through Berezino, minding my own business. I only had a shovel and some food and drink, when suddenly 4 men came out if an alley, wielding mosins demanding to put my hands up. Naturally having no chance again them, I did as they asked. That was when their true intentions came to light. They asked me to remove my trowsers. Again, I did as they said but then they handcuffed me. One of them then removes their own trowsers and comes over to me, whispers "open wide". Now I was scared. He then force feeds me a rotten banana. >.>. They then uncuffed me, took my shovel then left.

About 15 minutes later I am running through the forest near klen, hoping to reach the airfield. When I see 4 guys huddled around someones dead body. I use the trees, moving from cover to cover. I then get close enough to loot the dead body, take an M4 and one clip, the mow them down. I killed them all. After spending a long time looting all their gear making sure I got the best bits, I see an unarmed man running to me. In a thick Russian accent he screams that he is friendly, so I ask him if he wants any loot from the bodies. He says no and just sits down. I find this a little strange but I assume he is friendly. I then tell him that ill drop him some food, then as I open my inventory, he gets up and punches me in the face. I am then dead a few seconds later.

/sigh
Never trust a Russian in DayZ. Thats not discrimination, it's fact.

I love DayZ, the thrill of being in a gunfight is better than any other game. The risk of losing everything you have been scavenging for.

Player interaction is my favourite part of the game. Whether it is holding people up, sharing a can of beans with a fellow survivor or getting violated with a banana.

The only criticisms I have of the alpha is the constant hunger and thirst (What you need 20 meals a day now and 6 litres of water?) and the accuracy of the guns. Even lying down, breathing slowly with a prestine M4 and prestine ammo it is so inaccurate. I would blame my own aim if I hadn't played DayZ for around 1000 hours.
But these will all be improved as the game develops.
I heard that weapon durability is currently slightly bugged, and they'll be trying to fix up the ballistics of the weapons up to the good old ArmA II ballistics standard. As for the story, it is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard...

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
I heard that weapon durability is currently slightly bugged, and they'll be trying to fix up the ballistics of the weapons up to the good old ArmA II ballistics standard. As for the story, it is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard...

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Would anyone be interested in getting together at around 7-8 PM GMT? We can get a small party up and running tonight.