Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

DeathShade [Accepted - Cukie1]

LordDethir

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
DeathShade99
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
I currently live in the United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I believe metagaming is using information your character has no right to know in game. I would also argue that metagaming is informing players of information that their characters should not know in game.

Powergaming is when a player focuses solely on personal achievement, throwing away all regards for the other players there. Examples of this include being untouchable in a fight, never losing a battle, always knowing what other players do not, ETC.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
You do not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.Cukie1
8. Tell us about yourself!

I'm an avid Roleplayer/actor. I have been acting since I was 8, and started to do online and live action roleplay when I was 11. I have done many characters, my most common have been vampiric characters. I also love playing political characters. Outside of pretending to be other things (Hey, it's fun) I do martial arts (Actively teach self defense), mountain biking, and build cars/armor.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/336166074053558273/342837559971545088/2017-08-03_20.13.31.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/336166074053558273/342838039220977664/2017-08-03_20.15.45.png

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I googled 'Minecraft Fantasy Roleplay Server'.
((NOTE: I Will be changing my character, this character is to be used to get a feel for the server before I create my character.))Character Name:
Jason Davenhoff

Character Age: 22

Character Race: Human

Appearance:
Jason is a hulking brute, 6 feet 2 inches tall. His years behind the forge have lead to him developing a strength that rivals that of an oxen. He crops his dark brown hair raggedly short, maintaining a haphazard beard that he has been known to braid with metal. His face has sharp features, and his skin is a tan and covered with burn scars. If you can get past his menacing appearance, however, Jason is a soft spoken, kind, loving man who's profession as a blacksmith is a dream come true. He loves teaching others his profession, and even hosts younger street rats at his forge, attempting to shelter them from the slums of Storm's landing. Jason just recently ended his apprenticeship and bought his own shop. Jason is not combat trained, and prefers to talk his way out of situations then fight his way out of them.

Jason learned blacksmithing in an interesting manner. In his teenage years, he attempted to steal from a local blacksmith, but was caught by the blacksmith. Instead of giving the young man to the guards, the blacksmith offered to let Jason serve as an apprentice, and would let him work of his debt to him. Jason agreed, seeing that learning metal work would be not only valuable, but much more fun then dropping a glove.

Jason primarily works in iron and copper, but can work in other metals. Finery such as jewelry and detail work is currently beyond him. Because he has recently left his master's tutelage, he is still not to the level of proficiency that he wishes himself to have. Jason constantly pushes himself to become better then his teacher. He has been a target of theft before, but most thieves only try once.

~Steal Swords.~

The sound of wood clashing against wood could be heard echoing from the small clearing behind Jason's forge. Jason smiled to himself as he heard the laughter from the children he had just made the play swords for. Even though the children had been through so much, they still knew what it meant to live life and play. He looked over to where the sword he was making was sitting in the furnace, and he took out the red hot blade to continue his work on it. It had been specially requested from the captain of the guard, and Jason wanted to finish it as soon as possible. As his hammer rose and fell, he noticed that the laughs and joyful shrieks of the children had stopped. His concentration wavered slightly, and his hammer missed the target on the sword, causing a massive indent. He sighed to himself, looking at the damage he had just caused. From one look he knew he would have to start over. He muttered to himself as he quenched the blade in oil, then turned around right as a fist came at him.

Jason moved, but he didn't move fast enough to completely dodge the hit. Grunting in pain, he now realized why the children had gone silent. The unnamed perpetrator swung his fist again, catching Jason on the bridge of the nose, and by the amount of tears that welled up in jason's eyes, he knew his noes was broken. Gasping back, he reached for the nearest convenient hammer, but by the time he could see clearly again, both the thief and the sword were gone.

Jason rushed out to check on the children, and while they were startled, none of them were hurt. The smith then smiled ruefully to himself as one of the apprentices helped to stop his bleeding nose, as Jason knew that the blade would shatter when used in combat because of his mistake. Sure enough, a week later, he heard a story of a wannabe thief trying to fight the captain of the guard, and the captain struck with such strength that he shattered his opponents sword. 'It's a pity that the metal went to waste, but I still did complete the Captain's sword before he broke my failure, so I guess I did get some free advertising out of it.' The smith thought to himself. He was getting many more orders for swords from the guardsmen, and he almost regretted letting the thief get away with the blade. 'Then again' The smith thought to himself 'More work for the apprentices.'. Jason smiled, standing up to continue the days work.

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
A few things to look over:
-he cannot start with the knowledge of steel or have any sort of advanced knowledge in blacksmithing. He can only be novice.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'm sorry, I cannot allow him to have knowledge of alloys as a starting smith

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
It's alright. Happens to me often XD

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guideonce you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.