Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Declaration] To my Admirers

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good

Divide.png

I
n
regards to all of those who have sought to deliver letters in hopes of swaying my resolve, it is a shame how swiftly they have burnt to ash within my fireplace. Perhaps if you would do me the kindness of sending a cart's worth, I may remain warm throughout the winter.

To the self-acclaimed legionnaire, Theodosius, you presume wrong of my intentions and do yourself far too much flattery. Perhaps it is that same attitude that inspired you to crown yourself. I have never thought once to waste my effort with "war." Your lands offer no value to me, and I have even less interest in butchering your people and those of who would stand alongside of you. I hunger only for worthwhile battle, not a southern craven gallivanting to his own execution. This proposed strife that you have conjured would leave me with nothing more than the sour taste of snatching a plaything from a child.

And so I reiterate to you: ride alone and surrender yourself to the gates of Oren and submit yourself to my mercy, or we shall forcefully capture you with less clemency. I will remind you that your carelessness and inability to defend what is yours has resulted in my wife's injury, and so I will hear your apology and your regret. I am extending you my generosity in providing you the opportunity to present yourself without struggle, and perhaps I will be more forgiving if you are to accept it. I will allow you the choice of whether this is to result in "war." If such is your decision, it shall be so. Would you truly gamble the lives of so many rather than embrace the consequences of your own doing?

Bargain allies to you and rally men if you must. Do ensure that the sound of your horn is deafening enough to echo above the death cries of men as the result of your own selfish cowardice. If you are to bring "war," I ask only of you to have the necessary plots for graves prepared.

And do not mistake me again, Theodosius. They will be for your men.

I await your selection.

-
Duke Westmay.

Blorbis83

Icanra

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Icanra
Icanra
Merchant
Something wicked this way comes... I fear the sound of the loud war drums

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend

(OOC: Honestly just listen to the rest of the soundtrack from that point on. It’s the best set of mood music for this letter)
To the Northern Duke Westmay,

Once I have already apologized to your wife, and blessed her with lands of her choosing. I will dutifully admit that such an accident was indeed my fault.

But within this, your wife made implications that with such compensation, your wrath would be avoided. Yet here you write, with a frothing mouth and bulging eyes, ink as red as blood. Would it be wise to approach a man of your stature in such a state, regardless of any mercy they offer? Wouldn’t such promises of mercy be quickly turned aside upon seeing the man who made such a foolish mistake?

If coming to you would have made a swift end to the situation, I would have gone. I care little for my own body’s safety so long as my mind is intact enough to rule.

But you are not the problem; it is your vassals, Varyn.

Like half-starved wolfhounds, they strain upon the chain in crazed desperation for blood. This past year, they have not only taken lakes from the Dominion, but have also repeatedly threatened the peace of the realm between my allies.

It would be naive to think that they will not find a reason for violence even if, after, I came to you. They would, upon their own volition, seek out war regardless of your opinion on the matter. To allow them to perpetuate the cycle of this abuse would be the death of my people and my allies. If you’ve any consideration for the rest of the realm, you shall force them to stand down indefinitely- on pain of treason. By doing so, I shall come to you and personally apologize once more to your wife for the accident.

Cool the fires within your breast, Duke. Put aside the anger and breathe clearly for a few moments. I sense that you are a reasonable man and are afflicted with a problem that I too, possess; an easily inflamed mind. If you- as I do- wish for bloodless peace, then you must find peace within yourself first.

That is not to say that some of your anger is not unfounded. You love your wife, as most husbands do. You have gone above and beyond the teachings of Sallana. Yet, let your love be not just between the both of you, but to all. Should not love clear away hate, and extend to others, fluctuating in all its states, as does water? Now, love is, obviously, not just romantic. I think we can both agree that we don’t want that. However, love can take the form of compassion and goodwill for strangers- even those who have done you wrong. Find this love for your fellow man and bid my people and allies a safe existence from Varyn, upon this earth. Find love for me, a man of no great stature or power, and bid me safe conduct to Oren and Queensport. There, we may talk things out as fellow peers, at a table with wine and bread for the both of us. Violence and harm ought not be necessary between us if there is compassion and forgiveness within your heart.

You are leader to one of the few Great Houses left- how would you want the rest of the world to see you in this moment? Would you deny compassion and peace? Or will you embrace it as you would all other good things in this world?

I patiently and reverently await your reply.

Basileos Theodosius Hostilius Herennius
Son of Sextus, Strategos of the Legions

(OOC: Gotta channel dat Pope Francis attitude doh)

Last edited:

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
i assume, due to the fact that this is on the forums and not in a conversation that these are in fact open letters?