Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Depths of Evil - Overview

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Depths of Evil is the name for the collective of Dungeons and evil events I've hosted at Nid Arach.
The stronghold of the evillest organization Altera has ever known is not necessarily a place to avoid.
Its dungeons lie filled with hidden treasure and forbidden knowledge. Indeed, those who have ventured here more than once often return for revenge.
It seems the more dungeons the forces of Good visit, the bigger their fervor for destroying them.
Will you destroy the heresy within, or will you use the knowledge to perhaps try and understand this vile organisation known as the Dark Order...

Event listings:

The Loot Dungeon Series:
{Completed} [1/4] The Riddler's Challenge

The pillar square has been known to hold strange burried secrets. The twelve pillars have opened twelve hidden subterranean rooms.
Yet now, a deep narrow cave is revealed, at the bottom of which lie four locked doors. Locked? Not all of them.

One door has just opened and reveals a dungeon full off riddles and puzzles...
Attendants: 12
[X]

{Completed} [2/4] The Cave Crawl
At the end of the dungeon, they found a key. After regrouping and getting some rest, the Alteran adventurers return!
They try this odd key on three doors and one unlocks and clunks open. Inside, they find a natural cave.
It is filled with all sorts of monsters and geologically interesting items, from fossils to rare stones...

Attendants: ~ 8
[X]

{Completed} [3/4] Subterranean Stash
The second dungeon yields a key. Again, after some rest and regrouping, the adventurers make their way down to the four doors.
One of the doors unlocks and gives access to a dungeon with challenges of the mind.
Mushroom spores spread hallucinating effects through the ranks and the adventurers have to press on through their dreams to the very end...

Attendants: 5
[X]

{Completed} [4/4] The Final Dungeon - Cursed Gold
Word goes round from tavern to tavern of a fourth and final dungeon underneath Rahm's Labyrinth now being unlocked.
They say there must be a reason for it being so well protected; three other dungeons had to be overcome in order to gain access to this one.
Rumors start to point to a huge buried yet secured treasure.

Attendants: ~ 15
[X]

The Dark Order Origins Series:
{Completed} [1/3] Dungeoneering Nid Arach: The Dark Tale - Floor 1
Nid Arach lies silent, apart from the softly swinging of rusty cables. The past months, the Dark Order was told to be behind several vicious attacks on the people of Altera.
Yet, for a few weeks now, nobody has heard of any suspicious activities from the Dark Order. Perhaps now, it is time to venture closer to their looming spider-fortress.
Perhaps now, it is safe enough to start discovering what the Dark Order really is about...

Attendants: 8
[X]

{Completed} [2/3] Dungeoneering Nid Arach: The Dark Tale Continues - Floor 2
A small party has ventured into the first dungeon. As they overcame several obstacles, their greatest one yet was: time.
They found they had to return to the surface for rest and re-organization. Even worse yet, is arguments broke out between the attendants!
Although some of the arguments have not yet been resolved, a new party prepares themselves to go deeper still, into the story of the Dark Order.
Surely, there must be more to discover beneath the shadow of Nid Arach...

[X]

{Completed} [3/3] Dungeoneering Nid Arach: The Dark Tale Ends - Floor 3

Once more, into the depths... Once more, to complete the story of Khorug the Damned!
Two floors separate this final set of challenges from the surface. Pray the adventurers will return unharmed, or rather; return at all...
[X]

Shards of the Gods Series:
{Completed} Jishrim
The Primal Forces shook and from their endlessness departed a single entity; Shalherana.
It wasn't long after before Jishrim detached itself from the Primal Forces with purpose and malicious intend.

Attendants: 11
[X]

Villains Under The Moon Series:
{Completed} Garuthan the Weak
The Dark Order has left Nid Arach after a successful attack of the Forces of Good, liberating a young innocent boy from Nid Arach's jail tower. With the leaving of the powerful order and its guards, curious dark creatures venture into the cursed land looking for anything relating to the Dark Gods or the Order. Searching for Dark Knowledge and Evil Objects, Garuthan got himself hurt and finds himself at the mercy of a group of passers-by.
Attendants: 6
[
X]

{Completed} Oozespit the Stubborn
Garuthan finding the book on Dargur the Wicked and the company of heroes finally finding all parts of an ancient obsidian maul was enough proof to many that there are yet things to be found in the abandoned stronghold of Nid Arach. Oozespit the Stubborn is one of the people who have come to the forsaken fortress to have their share of dark objects.
Attendants: 4
[
X]

{Completed} Nefari the Wicked
This lady has lured many a knight to his death. Her charm, her looks, her promise of a wholesome and happy life if only the hero could safe her from her entrapment within the fortress. She has pulled heroes deep into the labyrinth, only to set off traps to weaken them, after which she had her way with them. Heroes lay slain, cut open or even skinned, among the traps this nefarious woman has set within Nid Arach.
Attendants: 10
[
X]

{Completed} Mundungus The Mad
The students of Frostwarts, warriors, and curious men and women set out to retrieve the knowledge and wicked scriptures left behind in the ruins of Nid Arach. However, they are not the only people looking for forbidden wisdom. While books are scattered through-out the fortress, one place has been sealed off by a strange mage with a foul tongue.

[X]

Random Dungeon Events:
{Completed} Halloween Scary Puzzles

A scary moment in time, a scary place to be. The Halloween adventure site in Rahm's Labyrinth is but a taste of what this region will soon become.
The attendants will have plenty of rewards and bounty to collect. There is fun to be had too. But what lies deep beneath this scary site?
Discover first-hand the new lair of the Dark Order

Attendants: ~ 9
[X]

{Completed} The Dark Lord's Mansion
All the information the adventurers have managed to gather is that a man is locked up within the home of the highest ranking Dark Order member; the dark lord. It is up to the five of them to break into The Dark Lord's Mansion undetected, while he is away, and free the poor soul that had been locked up there for days now.
Attendants: 5
[
X]

The Pits of Magic Campaign:
A recent earthquake has exposed an enormous sinkhole within the foul decaying lands of Nid Arach. Once, the lands were beautiful and full of bounty. These days saw the coming of carpenters, hunters, masons and miners. But the mines have since been abandoned and during the age of Darkness occupied for dark rituals. With the collapse of the ceiling, now it becomes clear just how big the scale is of these evil deeds. Rumors about cursed objects of power being taken from this pit to the far corners of this world. Has the light come in time to prevent this darkness its victory?
Attendants: ?
[
X]

Thanks to Cymic_ for the idea to make an overview thread and its lay-out! (I hope he doesn't copyright-strike me)

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Added floor 3 to the list. Also reserving this post in case I go over an image or link limit in the first.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Updated with 2 upcoming dungeons. One in the near future, surrounding one particular skill yet to be voted for. The other in the far future, as I discuss things with Event and God staff!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Updated with the most recent events and an upcoming one.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It's been a blast, all these dark events, but I do believe my intentions are moving more towards Frostwarts at the moment. I have to be honest with myself and don't see me doing a lot more events at Nid Arach in the near future. I will continue to do random DM encounters in Nid Arach. But I don't think I'll do another series that fall under the "Depths of Evil" group any time soon. I feel it's a good moment to lay low and let the reputation of Nid Arach do its work for me. Let the spider take a few daring adventurers every now and then. Let them feel the Essence of Chaos.

Essence of Chaos? What?
It has been going on for a few weeks now and I feel it's time to make it public. Lannis has given me an amazing gift which increases the significance of Nid Arach in our world. Nid Arach is now subject to a list of chaotic influences that are unexplained, but certainly got something to do with Jishrim. Nid Arach is now truly the central place of worship for Jishrim, finally it has gotten a divine effect according to its vile status. It is this weird power around Nid Arach that intrigues and draws evil characters in, yet puts fear in the hearts of all others. Lannis has accurately called it "Essence of Chaos". I've worked hard on Nid Arach and done this whole list of events here in this region, so I'm very happy that this has not gone unnoticed and that the Staff team has decided to grand my region this amazing gift!

Now, all is not lost. Those who ask me for personal DM's to Nid Arach will encounter this Essence of Chaos first hand, even when I don't do events there for the time being. I'll be mostly focusing on Frostwarts, but I'm sure I'll make side-trips to Nid Arach, as I always find myself wanting to do evil stuff in the end.

TL;DR:
  • No more events pumped out weekly, they'll be sporadic if any at all.
  • Next series will probably be in the far future.
  • Personal DM's to Nid Arach can be done after asking me, you'll be able to experience the 'essence of chaos' first hand.