Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Discussion: Why is your character the race it is?

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
I chose the Elven race to start of with for two of the most simplest, anti-climatic reasons;

1: I already had a skin for it I could edit easily.

2: On all my previous RP servers, I have played nothing but Elves as starter.

I'm ...Kind of lazy, but hell to it ^_^

Rurik, my temp. character untill Illthilior is revived from his second death, is a dwarf because I wanted to fill the hole that would be left by the small amount of dwarves on the server!

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Amethyst is a human because I am human and I thought it would be easier to rp. ( Not a lot to it)

Anna is human from Norvägen culture. I chose that because I still wanted to be human, but I wanted something a little different. I chose norvägen because it kinda fit being from scandinavia.

Meradoth is a moor elf because I was asked to play the child. She is a moor elf because her mother is a moor elf.

In all honesty, except for Anna, there has been no deeper thought to my characters' race. I normally focus on their personality and other stuff like that. :D

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I chose a human because I didn't really know how to play a dwarf or an elf properly when I first joined, and didn't really want to be a goat. Playing a dwarf once this character dies.

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
I made my character based on how Patriot made his character, as i am his character's son. We chose to be Silver Elves because Patriot's character is the son of another character, and our family values purity above all else. We tried to stick with how the lore says the race should look, toothpaste-white hair and green eyes.
False alarm everyone, this post was a result of miscommunication and misunderstanding. My char Alphonse is not the son of any special character, do not worry, my fellow citizens. /end Obama voice

My main is a Silver Elf and my alt is a Dwarf.

I chose Silver Elf because I really wanted there to be more traditional-minded elves who really have that High elven culture feel.
I chose my alt to be a dwarf because there are currently very few dwarves (New alt)

Another reason for choosing a Silver Elf and a Dwarf is because I have friends with claims to the Dwarven throne and what was once the Elven throne a la @Leo Decroix.
See signature for more details.

Last edited:

nexscarecrow

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
CastleSuperbeast
CastleSuperbeast
Legend
Elves have a super long lifespan and I wanted Artesia to creep people out for as long as possible. Shes going to be making people uncomfortable for a loooooooong time

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
Gwendolyn is a human because she's a Blackfire.
There was no main reason I made Fox human. I guess one reason was I didn't want him to be tall and girly.

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
Padragin was originally something I created after a lot of philosophical discussion with @Gaby when she started throwing ideas my way for a character. She's a forest elf because that fits her basic character qualites the best over any other race in the lore. I also wanted to take a race who's lore has been going under appreciated and make a character that follows it to the fullest.

I would definitely play a long-term character who's part of a less populace race given the chance. At the moment I have several character ideas stored for races/sub-races that are underrepresented on the server, and the only thing holding me back from playing all of them is a lack of Minecraft alt accounts and server restrictions on how many characters you can have per account. (and you know, the amount of free time I have plus lore restrictions)

As a whole the other playable races are an great way to promote diverse role-play on the server and offer new perspectives through which we can observe the story of Altera. However I feel most races besides humans are lacking in population, and even more so lack players who use their race's lore to the fullest extent. I hope to see that change, and perhaps one way that could be done is if influential people explore the other races/sub-races with their own distinct cultures and lore being represented on the server in role-play. You could also take steps to help break down the over-used character tropes/archetypes that have been growing out of control so people would be more inclined to diversify rather than try to essentially be a copy of an already successful character.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Before playing here I was partial to playing humans. After playing here with my first character for a while I felt like I was ready to start playing elves. This was to go with my playstyle, I tend to plant bunches of trees and hop around in more natural settings. It seemed pretty natural to start playing elves at this point, so I came up with my first ever elf. . . Raindes.

And so now I'm playing elf still because for me it's a lot of fun, and I like the kind of character development it offers.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I play elves almost exclusively because in RL I'm a 6'4 large human. If I wanted to pretend to be a human I'd get out of my chair and go bar hopping (tried that: booze are over priced and the other players are boring :p ). I want something more than what I'm living already in my fantasy.

I chose Silver Elf as Azure was originally this arrogant SoB of a creature. However he was my first char on the server and I scaled him back so I could get a feel for everything. Which works fine because now I get to build his sense of superiority and arrogance from the ground up and with RP backing as opposed to, he's a Silver Elf and that's how they are.

Cyra'tina is a Silver Elf because she's Azure's daughter with another Silver Elf. She exist because Silver elves can have pink hair :3

James Blackfire is a human because all the other Blackfires are human. Wouldn't make sense if his parents are human and they spit up an Elven baby.

Orcs (sorry Earthspawn) remind me of too many people I grew up IRL. Bad mannered, ugly and backwards thinking generally. really the other races is pure aesthetics reasons why I don't play them. I have no idea what it is to be short and stubby on top of never liking them for whatever reason which takes out Dwarves and Halflings. Personally don't like satyrs unless they are called Phil and train Hercules. Nakam idk. Something about cat people or fully animalstic (aesthetically anyway) people never appealed to me.

Can't play anything else since lore restrictions were put in place so meh.

Exosferik

Storm's Landing Wanderer
I will start a bit differently:
Why I did not chose:
...Elf - Because of long lifespan, I wanted a character who ages over time and will eventually die of being too old.
...Halfling - Because Olomet should be depressed sometimes..and depressed hobbit-like character seems too depressing to me.
...Dwarf - I was actually thinking a lot of being dwarf, but I decided to save this option for later and for more craft oriented char.
...Earthspawn - I never knew how to RP this kind of races, I am too boring for them (read: not enough violent).
...Caparii - Because I wanted to start as an old man and I felt elder Caparii should be very different from concept I had on mind.
...Nakat - They were extinct when I came, if they weren't I should probably reconsider whole Olomet concept and play wholly different character.
...Argonian - Hey! Where are lizardmen? xD

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
As for my characters-
Elora- Is a Silver Elf because of their normal behaviours and kinks. She's very elegant and calm, and has always been sensitive to loud noises. (Old character I had and adapted to Silver)
Lillium- Is the child of a Moor and Silver elf, but she herself is Moor. She's proud and can be a bit defensive, along with the fact she's meant to have vivid purple eyes. She does carry the elegance of both Moor and Silver. (old character I've had and adapted to Moor)
Fjorleif- is a Norv human, because she was inspired by a Skyrim RP I was in and well, I loved playing her, as she always was that lively one of the group, though she can switch to a more protective state, and is rather defensive of her culture. I felt she fit into the category. (Yet another old character I adapted to lore)

Chip

Legend of Altera
Puck is a Forest elf because I see a lot of him in me (shows a lot) and a forest because... well... I like forests? It was my original idea for him.
Alinar is a Forest elf because I wanted him to be from the same place as Puck, which was a random forest elf village.
Serena is a human because I wanted to try being human. (just joking(not really XP))
Samlyn is a halfling because I don't see a lot of them around, so I thought might as well.
Chase is a Forest elf (catching onto my favorite race yet?) because 1999star and I decided for our twins to be elven.

samsam223

Lord of Altera
Elrowen. Is a Forest Elf. Purely because I've had Elrowen as a character for about 5-6 years. From Skyrim and ESO- to WoW and pretty much any game I can confidently rebirth Elrowen. He'd never be the same as a human, or a Dwarf... Or anything else. His traits are solely Elven. With a few twists here and there. I couldn't see him any other way.. Though right now he looks disgusting. :p
Personally I have a rather large addiction towards Elves.. I seriously and quite disturbingly cannot get enough of them. So far into:
•learning Sindarin- an Elvish/Elven language made on LotR.
•Gathering up outfits styled as Elven fore to wear or make.
•Got in contact with a designer from the LotR films to hopefully make me some Elven ear, things.
•And of course- I look like Legolas, as told by a new swimmer at my club just today. (I love her already)

Now, I have Elehk. A Norvägen. I chose to make Elehk After exploring "Stormhalt!" In which I fell in love with at a heart beat. And as a person I am incredibly attuned and fascinated with Scandinavian, Irish, Gaelic, Celtic, Saxon etc or similiar cultures, beliefs, themes, languages and the rest.
Hence I dressed up like a Saxon or Nord when doing falconry.
Seeing the majority of the Norvägen population rather thin and the towns empty- I took the task upon myself to weave into the Norvägen culture and race to generate as much RP for not just myself- but for any Norvägen made, being made. And hopefully will be made.
For Lonmar!

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Elrowen. Is a Forest Elf. Purely because I've had Elrowen as a character for about 5-6 years. From Skyrim and ESO- to WoW and pretty much any game I can confidently rebirth Elrowen. He'd never be the same as a human, or a Dwarf... Or anything else. His traits are solely Elven. With a few twists here and there. I couldn't see him any other way.. Though right now he looks disgusting. :p
Personally I have a rather large addiction towards Elves.. I seriously and quite disturbingly cannot get enough of them. So far into:
•learning Sindarin- an Elvish/Elven language made on LotR.
•Gathering up outfits styled as Elven fore to wear or make.
•Got in contact with a designer from the LotR films to hopefully make me some Elven ear, things.
•And of course- I look like Legolas, as told by a new swimmer at my club just today. (I love her already)

Now, I have Elehk. A Norvägen. I chose to make Elehk After exploring "Stormhalt!" In which I fell in love with at a heart beat. And as a person I am incredibly attuned and fascinated with Scandinavian, Irish, Gaelic, Celtic, Saxon etc or similiar cultures, beliefs, themes, languages and the rest.
Hence I dressed up like a Saxon or Nord when doing falconry.
Seeing the majority of the Norvägen population rather thin and the towns empty- I took the task upon myself to weave into the Norvägen culture and race to generate as much RP for not just myself- but for any Norvägen made, being made. And hopefully will be made.
For Lonmar!
Obviously you were an elf in a former life *nod*